NHLRS Thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLRS Thursday

bunch of winning nights have me sucked into this.........

BUF............was going to just play BUF as a side....but i liked a couple of different plays here and am going to spread the wealth along and split the units up. Miller should be back in net after a night off and (knock on wood) has owned the TAM as has BUF in general. I think the BUF (a) win the game outright, (b) come out with a strong 1P after their clunker vs. OTT and (c) neither team has given up much in the 1P. TAM has only surrendered 2 goals in the entire 1P this year. I would expect a 1-0 or 0-0 1P in this one. So here are the plays.

BUF Under1 1/2 (1P).....1Unit.....teams have been ultra stingy in the 1P.

BUF -140 (1P)...........1Unit

BUF -170............1Unit

COL Over3 -110................look for COL to bounce back offensively in this one vs. a CBJ team that is coughing up 4 GPG on the road. Should at least see 3 from a COL team averaging 3.5+ GPG at home......which gets me a push. Like COL to get 4 or 5 in this one. It's really a bet on COL but not at the -175 juice. If COL wins 2-1 then it ends up being a bad play but i think this one sees some goals in it. Especially with COL coming off a game where they were SO on the road at Calgary.

Also chasing CAL over BOS from the other night.

That's all.........wish i would have had more time to look at the card, but too much going on and heading on the road.

And by the way, after sitting through that LAL/LAC NBA game tonight at staples.....anyone who doesn't think the NHL is a better sport than the NBA is out of their minds....

GL to everyone!
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    And by the way, after sitting through that LAL/LAC NBA game tonight at staples.....anyone who doesn't think the NHL is a better sport than the NBA is out of their minds....
    That is the biggest mystery to me about US sports fans. It makes no sense. I can see preffering to watch the NFL, NCCA hoops or pigskin...but to prefer to watch an Oklahoma City/Milwaukee NBA game over the NHL blows my freaking mind...

GL tonight... :thumbs:

Comment

GL FF!

Maybe I should try -0.5 again in regulation... 0/2 so far cause both games when in OT... :laughing:

Yesterday was a bad all around! Hope to rebound tonight! Lets get this buffalo one!

:thumbs:
      NCAA 9-7 -1.0 Units
      NFL 5-1 +4.9 Units
      Loaded Dice - Upon killing a unit, Twisted Fate rolls his 'lucky' dice receiving anywhere between 1 and 6 bonus gold.

Comment

hope you have a good week-end!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          That is the biggest mystery to me about US sports fans. It makes no sense. I can see preffering to watch the NFL, NCCA hoops or pigskin...but to prefer to watch an Oklahoma City/Milwaukee NBA game over the NHL blows my freaking mind...

GL tonight... :thumbs:
          Not really a fair comparison.....since Okla City/Milwaukee isn't exactly what would be referred to as a "marquis game", and the reason it may have been on TV here in the states is simply because it was opening night for a new "expansion team".

Who's fault is it the NHL fan gets about 2 or 3 "out of market games" a week that are televised here in the states on Versus? Not the NBA's. I would say the NHL and its players dug their own grave here in the US. Hell, I can't even get "in market" (Flyers) games here because i have DirecTV and not cable, so i don't get the stupid Comcast channel or whatever they're televised on.

I think if they wouldn't have gone on strike the other year, the US fan base wouldn't have deteriorated as much as it did....and maybe some US TV stations would still air hockey games. Lets face it, it's not like those guys were underpaid. They were being greedy, so their fault, imo.

Or maybe if the NHL marketed itself a little better, people here in the states might actually know there were hockey games being played. I am willing to bet there are plenty of common Joe's that don't even know hockey season started yet.

I mean say what you want about the NBA (which is far from my favorite sport to watch as well....although I do enjoy the better quality games), but at least Stern is out there selling his product. I know little about how the NHL tries to market itself, but apparently it's either too little, or it's not working, or both.

Think of it this way.....the NHL goes and "ruins" (or at least taints) the game to allow "more scoring" and "more excitement", which is obviously to attract more people to watch, not please the NHL purists who obviously are already watching.....then they don't even market their damn product? What kind of bonehead move is that?

I can tell ya that around where I live, there are probably as many AHL fans as NHL fans.....or more....so it's not like people don't like the game of hockey....it's just not widely available for us to watch here in the US.

Just my opinion on the subject, but the bottom line is that we here in the states can't watch hockey if it's not even on TV.....

Comment

Working...
          X