• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Tuesday >>>

NHL YTD: 71-71, +3.98

Sharks PL +106 vs Leafs

Sharks -0.5 (reg) -176 vs Leafs

3 Units Each
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 12-02-2008, 10:23 AM.

Canadiens PL +139 vs Thrashers

Flames PL +175 vs Stars

1 Unit Each

Comment

So, you want the leafs to lose if you're a leafs fan? Canadiens puckline only on the empty netter, if you're lucky. gl on flames, going for Ducks ml, but interesting to see your pl bets, and am looking forward to the results. definitely don't like the montreal pl, but we shall see. gl

Comment

Originally posted by bobby0rr View Post
        So, you want the leafs to lose if you're a leafs fan? l
        This is betting i.e making money so if it requires fading your fav team then so be it. I know what your saying but unless your making money being a Leafs fan, then i see nothing wrong with the play...Besides San Jose is playing at a ridiculous level. GL JML

Comment

I agree with you on making money, but it will make a loss even harder to swallow. It means you have to root against your team, and then your teams wins, and you are out big money, esp. when the Leafs are +250. I mean it's only one day, but you have to care about evey single bet, or you're not going to do well. Maybe you pick against your favorite team, and you are biased because they are losing too much, but maybe you aren't a good judge either better for or against your favorite team. I personally find it hard to bet for or against Boston, but I would rather bet for them, esp. they are doing so well albeit unexpected this season. Sorry, also rooting for the Leafs tonight, even though I have no money on them. Have not watched much of San Jose, so I don't know if they really are unbelieveable or not. Let's see how it goes gl all.

Comment

Leafs aren't winning the Stanley Cup this year, dude. More losses equals better draft. Leaf nation is not really worried about wins/losses this year...just development. We are rebuilding. As for the bet...I never mix fandom and wagering...gotta go with the best play regardless. I fade the Leafs as much as I back them. They're in a horrible spot tonight...probably the worst of the year. They've won 2 in a row, going for a very rare 3 game winning streak, and to do that they have to beat the leagues best team, who are monsters at home. Also...They're on a West Coast b2b against the Sharks, after just arriving in LA 2 days ago. Sharks are well rested. They get pasted in this kinda spot more than not, and I doubt they can hand SJ their first home loss. If they do, I'll be tres impressed. But, when they won last night, I knew I was fading them big tonight. We'll see.

One thing that IS dumb is betting on your team just because you want to cheer for them. Even if the Bruins are doing well. You gotta call 'em as you see 'em!

As for the other PL bets tonight....just had a feeling it's a big home team night. lol. :thumbs:

Oh....and who are you? lol. :dunno:

No problem that you don't like my plays....but show some class...post your own plays, and we'll be cool. :beerbang:

GL!!
            Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 12-02-2008, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Adding...

Calgary PL +168
              Avery stirred up the Flames even more with those rude comments today, getting suspended in the meantime....and he was already on Iginla's radar from the summer....and I expect Iginla, Phaneuf, etc to be relentless tonight against an already ****ty Stars team, and lay a pasting on them at the Saddledome. Turco's fed up, and his reaction to Averys antics was frustration (same with management), and Dallas cannot be in a good frame of mind with this circus surrounding them since arriving in Canada.

1 Unit
              Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 12-02-2008, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Good point about Leafs in a rebuilding mode, but isn't it too early too count them out of the playoffs, esp if they win tonight. It could build some momentum. Sorry if you got pissed, but I just saw your thread was the only Tuesday hockey, so I decided to comment. We shall see about Montreal pl. Will be watching that one with a little extra interest now that you have taken offense against my comments. Another play I have if Dallas, but that was before the Avery news came out. Will be interesting to see how both teams respond to that. I won't post my plays because they are small amoutns, maybe if I can get some wins I'll get up to your level and post my plays every day. gl, but I hope Atlanta can keep it to 1 goal tonight, just for my personal bragging rights. sorry, did not want to piss you or anyone else off from posting. Definitely not a leafs fan, but would like to see them win tonight just for an interesting upset. GO Bruins!!

Comment

I'm not pissed dude. I can tell you're a kid....it's cool. It's just a little bush to come into someone's thread and say your cheering against their plays. lol. Agree or disagree you shouldn't say that kinda stuff. And you did it in your reply as well with hoping for Atl to hold mtl to 1. wtf.

Montreal definitely not my fave play...it's more of a fade of the bad Thrashers on the road...and Mtl is due for a breakout. Carboneau gave them a lashing today...

GL

Comment

Nah, I just don't post much about this stuff. Actually thought that +139 wasn't that bad, should be lucky if you win, and you don't need to win for it to be a good bet. My overall impression was that it was interesting to see all the pucklines. I almost only bet ml, but I also hate montreal begin a boston fa, so it's not against you, more against the HABS, so good luck. I ain't worried about it.

Comment

I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Habs have a 3-0 lead into the 3rd....then give up 3 straight goals in 1 minute. They score the next two to go up 5-3, and then give up a goal with 20 seconds left to blow the PL...! lol. Life in the sportsworld...

4-0 Sharks after the 1st...biggest one-sided game I have seen all year...as expected....men playing against boys...when the Thornton line is on, it looks like they are playing against a junior team...lol...

Comment

never got a response from you regarding that grabahowski guy or whatever for TOR. I picked him up and he has points last night and tonight now. Is he worth keeping or not in our league? I don't know much about TOR team as i haven't heard of half of their forwards before....lol.

4-1 now...don't jinx that puppy.
                          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

He's OK...short, fast Ruskie...15-20 goal guy on a normal team, but he's getting alot of icetime playing on the second line and PP....I'd keep him, and see how he goes. Looks like he could be very streaky though.

Yup...Leafs potted one, still getting out-chanced badly though. That Thornton/Setugucci/Marleau line could easily have 6 goals themselves...

Comment

Very nice job with the heavier weighted bets on San Jose. I did not see a 4-0 first period coming. Very bad luck on the habs bet, but I'm kinda glad you lost :laughing: still should be a winning night for you. keep up the good work! Sorry about Calgary :laughing:

Comment

Working...
                              X