NHLRS Thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLRS Thursday

winding down a busy work period.....hopefully i can get in the swing of the NHL season again and get a run going over the next 2+ weeks.....

CAR -145......2 1/2Units......pure spot play. FLA off of a 5 game wild wind tour of Canada. They've had 3 days off which kind of takes the luster off of the spot, but still 5+ with travel is always a go against in the last game of the trip. Also, the fact that it's a division game makes me like the play. One other factor im hoping plays in here is that CAR is on the road for 4 tough road games coming up over the next 6 days starting Saturday (BOS, MTL, MIN and then ATL but it's a divisional game which aren't easy). Last home game is traditionally another good spot play as you usually get a premium focused effort. Teams are familiar with one another usually so often times it comes down to outworking the opponent. Hoping FLA is happy with a 3-1 trip so far and fits the let down spot. CAR has been playing 1 goal games galore which kind of worries me some too. Hopefully this is decided in the 3P and i get some sea legs from FLA in the 3rd.

PHI/MTL Under5 1/2 +105.........here is something probably few would guess. PHI is the 4th stingiest team on the road in terms of goals against. They have surrendered 1,4,1,0 and 1 goals on the road L5. MTL has been an Under team lately which also bodes well here. I know PHI has been scoring in bunches, but MTL hasn't been giving them up in bunches. When you aren't scoring as a team (MTL 4 goals L3 games) you have to play even tighter hockey. Nittymaki in net for PHI tonight, but he has been the better goalie (knock on wood) so far this season IMO. I think this one ends up 3-2 in OT. Should be a competitive game, IMO and getting + money is a very nice deal.

WAS Over3 1/2 -115.........2 1/2Units.........debated game over or team over. I love the way WAS is playing on offense right now and STL has coughed up 19 goals in their L4 road games. I think they are beginning to feel the effects of their injuries (it took a couple of weeks). Not to mention Brewer and McKee are out on the blue line indefinitely (Brewer's -14 is going to be tough to replace....:laughing:). One other reason i like the Over with WAS is that STL is the 5th most penalized team in the league and i would expect that PP to get cranked up for WAS as they are 5 for L16 with the man advantage and have a PP goal in 4 of L5 games.

TAM -115..........usually would avoid this spot like the plague but i like a couple of factors. 1st, TAM is off 4 road games, but has been off for 4 days and has 3 more road games immediately on deck. You would hope they would have had some time at home and see this as a premium place for points against another struggling team. COL playing 3I4 with decent travel (Detroit, Philly and now South Florida). I would hope that TAM would have some spring in the skates tonight and wear down COL in the 3P. But this is TAM, so a less that stellar effort is probably in the cards tonight.

SAN +1 1/2 -260 & BOS -1 1/2 +120 (+209)........1Unit.........not a big fan of the PL's but we shall see.

that is all........i'm hoping for a low team total on the MIN tomorrow.

GL to everyone!
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 12-18-2008, 06:31 PM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

gl FF...

LETS GO FLYERS!!
    To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
    2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

they are on an absolute tare right now, and it is perfect timing as we are about to head into a tough stretch of games....

Jeff Carter and Mike Richards are filthy man, and the depth up front is scary... Our penalty kill has been great they always seem to be able to get 2-1's going the other way and when you got Gagne, Carter, and Richards leading that attack its pretty scary....

Just curious to see what they add/drop by the end of the season, there has been all sorts of rumors as to who might be added or traded for, but I really like what we have going righ tnow ... What moves you think they are going to make to the roster?
      To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
      2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
        ... What moves you think they are going to make to the roster?
        a goalie....lol......i think things are fine the way they are. if Briere gets back healthy that is another top 6 forward. it just depends on injuries more than anything. i think the last thing you want to do is mess with chemstry when things are going well. will be interesting to see what happens to briere when he comes back. that gagne, richards, knuble line has been cooking and you don't want to mess with carter's line either at this point.

and oyyyyyyvayyyyyyy...shaping up to be another stellar night in the NHL world of betting....:puke:

CAR 0 for 3 on the PP in the 1P....PHI didn't show up tonight and 2 guys i have never heard of in the STL/WAS game are playing like dryden and Roy right now.

why did i come back :ohman:

Comment

greaaaaaaatttttttt......CAR outshoots FLA 35-17 and outplays them but it's going to OT....if i don't get cornholed in OT i will for sure feel the ass splitter in the SO....:beerbang:

Comment

No worries all along....Canes cash for you...lol :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
              No worries all along....Canes cash for you...lol :beer2:
              mlehhhhhhh....that's OK.....now we have TAM in OT......

i have to ask, Lecavelier has 4 SOG in his L3 games......does dude expect to find the back of the net playing that way? he's been a giant freeking stif this season so far for the most part and he was one again tonight.......

Comment

2-3 and down a few cents......

freeking TAM just sucks......so do SO's....and so does adding 2 plays you weren't going to play originally to the tune of -3.3 Units....

GL to everyone!

Comment

Working...
                X