NHL thursday with Mats Sundin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL thursday with Mats Sundin

didn't have time to cap anything, was too busy caught up in the Sundin drama with friends and now we got em and my futures look that much better. Even if they may just be hedging shots with the way SJ looks but gotta love my team right now. Gillis is a stud. Send off to Trev one night, Sundin signing the next.

just one play:

Pitt -155 to win 3 units

Thrash suck but they're off a win and ready to get back to doing what they do best, competing for Tavares.
    Last edited by flmmkrz; 12-18-2008, 06:45 PM.

Yup...looks like Sundin took the money instead of the cup run. Or was forced too. Rangers could only offer 5-6, and had trouble making room under the cap. They were his first choice obviously. Mats waited as long as he could for a better team to step up with comparable money...even 7 or 8 per, but nobody did. I think he thought the market was going to be bigger for him....but in the end you can't turn down 10 million per year!

Should be interesting to see how he looks when he gets back...

Thought he didn't want to be a rent a player, or not start with a team part way through? All about the "journey", eh Mats? Lying prick...hypocrite.

Good riddence...
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 12-18-2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Oh...and GL Flm...lol....like the Pens! :beerbang:

Comment

lol the rangers weren't a legitimate cup team. They're an overated team that if they had signed him would really be hurting on defense and couldn't compete in a final. The east gives them a shot to go further but I don't think you can argue they're a better team than Van or a better fit for Sundin. I agree that he made it pretty obvious that the rangers were his first choice but as long as he doesn't pull a messier here who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          Oh...and GL Flm...lol....like the Pens! :beerbang:
          :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
            lol the rangers weren't a legitimate cup team. They're an overated team that if they had signed him would really be hurting on defense and couldn't compete in a final. The east gives them a shot to go further but I don't think you can argue they're a better team than Van or a better fit for Sundin. I agree that he made it pretty obvious that the rangers were his first choice but as long as he doesn't pull a messier here who cares.
            It's a good fit in Vancouver I agree...and a very good signing...I can't argue with that. He fits nicely into the top 6, and gives them some the extra bit of offence that they have desperately needed for a couple years. We'll see.

It'll be interesting to see the reception his first game back in Toronto. Half boos half cheers I assume...definitely not the love in it was for guys like Gilmour or Clark...

Comment

Working...
            X