X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mats Sundin 1st win as a canuck wednesday

as the header says:

Canucks -103 to win 2 units

Even if Sundin weren't a go tonight I think the canucks could win this game. Hemsky is a big loss and I think that tips the scales in the canucks favor, add in Sundin and I like it that much more.

flmrrz- GL!......rarely does a player who has been out a long time make an impact, though, right away coming back from anything. sometimes you get that first game push but then it will take him a while i would have to think to get going. I know they have talked about reuniting him with wellwood, but the 2 never had much going in TOR. I think the value of Sundin will show up in about march for the playoff push. But that's just me....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

what the hay.....i'll tail you for a couple units on your VAN tonight.....:thumbs:

Comment

well i didn't think VAN played particularly well, but they got 3 goals in a couple of minutes in the 2P and that was enough....thank heavens for the bernier line. Sundin was a non factor as i thought he would be. his biggest asset will be taking draws and on special teams i think in about a month when he gets back into game shape and gets used to playing again. pretty much the equivalent of a deadline acquisition IMO as VAN probably won't see the benefit of having him fully until about early to mid february.

Comment

ff- I thought Vancouver played well enough to deserve the win tho the game itself from both sides wasn't particularily great. I'm thinking much the same as you are, I don't think he'll catch up to the game for another few weeks but think his special teams play will kick in earlier than that. My play tonight wasn't predicated on him being in the lineup, I thought the canucks were a better team than the oil without Hemsky and they were hungry for a win. I liked it more with Sundin in the off chance he could contribute to the pp or that first game back adrenaline would push him to a decent showing but if that was the deciding factor I wouldn't have made the play. We got the result tho and I can't wait till he rounds into form. Cant wait for the trade deadline either, should be an interesting one this year.

Comment

Working...
          X