NHLRS Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLRS Saturday

2-2 and dead bang even on the night Friday.....broke a string of 4 winning nights.....disappointing losses in a SO with NYR and with BOS outplaying and outshooting NJD and losing.....

chalky chalky day today for the first time in a while.

CHI -160.................once again about the top of the road chalk spectrum i will play but i like the spot here. CHI coming home off of a long road trip but has to hit the road for 3 more after this so i am ignoring the usual fade of a team off of a long road trip returning home. Bizarre scheduling. DAL has only played 1 road game all month and that was a loss in Colorado. CHI has been great at home this year going 15-4-4 on home ice including a 6-3 dismantling of the DAL last time out. They have outscored DAL 15-8 in winning all 3 games this year between the 2 teams. CHI coming in off of a clunker last night in StLouis where they always struggle. I think they get it back tonight.

PHI -195 (reg, ties lose)...7Units....PHI owns the NYI this year going 3-0 on them to this point. NYI have lost 4 straight and IS 1-17 in their L18 road games (that win being over the vaunted Thrashsers). I didn't like the spot with PHI the other night versus Ottawa, but i do like them today. They play at the Rangers on Sunday and that game is always a battle and they run the risk of picking up no points in 3 games in 4 days which is no good for them right now. Expect a solid PHI effort today. **10AM PST/1PM EST Start**

PIT -135.......4Units.......law of averages play. TOR has beaten PIT 2 straight since the beginning of the new year (2009) and PIT has dropped 7 of L8 on the road. PIT is better than that and TOR continues to cough em up in bunches. Worst GAA in the NHL. PIT playing for only the 2nd time in 7 days should be rested. TOR in the old horrible scheduling spot with the first home game off of a decent size roadie through florida. Looking for PIT to get it done today. Short number IMO. Gonchar to possibly return as well which will do nothing for their play but always is good for the morale boost.

LAK -135..............home woes continue for the LAK. Just like the spot here, though. I am also playing this as part of a fade thing. EDM has Phoenix and San Jose in the next 3 days and not a shot in you know what they win all 3. If LAK come up short i will double up on fading EDM in the next one and the next one if i have to. And if they win all 3 then congrats to them and they should be considered armed and dangerous for the playoffs....lol. **1PM PST/4PM EST Start**

i really am looking at playing the OTT/MIN game in some fashion, not sure yet. Also debated CAR tonight. Really like the card and unfortunately really like the juice today which means a bad night goes really bad units wise so hopefully these teams come through.

GL to everyone!
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 02-14-2009, 01:26 PM. Reason: updated odds and units on PHI game as they were not available as posted last night
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

gl FF... Like the PITT play...will add later...

Comment

FF...GL!

On the same page today...love all 4 plays, and I'll be on 'em too.

Nice to see you back posting consistantly with writeups....great stuff, FF... :thumbs:

Comment

Vaz- THX!...

JML- THX!....first chalky card for me in a long time but i just liked those teams in those spots.

GL to everyone!

Comment

PHI is going to lose this game......i can feel it...up 2-0 and then they have done nothing since...the entire 3P has been played in their end of the ice....i smell a bunch of units down the drain today....:bang:

PHI just is not a good chalk team...they don't play 60 minutes of hockey EVER in games like this and always leave bad teams in the game....they did it up 3-0 vs. Atlanta a week ago and barely hung on to win 3-2......:ohman:

that one is going to hurt.....so much for chalky saturday.....

Comment

PHI finally pulled their collective heads out of their arses and finished off the worst road team in the NHL 5-1....

nice 7 Unit start to the day....:beerbang:

Comment

Biron stopped 39 shots :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                Biron stopped 39 shots :beer2:
                so did roloson....:bang:

ADD:

Fade Series on Ottawa

MIN -165.........1 1/2Units.........i just noticed OTT is going to be playing 3I4 and check this out. They play 2 more in the next 3 nights to give them 5I7 all on the road. They have won the first 2. If they can win 5 games in 7 days all on the road then they can play the Oilers in the finals if they win their 3 straight on the road in 4 days. Whole point is i will keep doubling up on fading OTT on this trip.

MIN +100 (reg, ties lose).........1Unit........normal play. We'll see if 3I4 on the road with tic tac toe travel catches up with OTT tonight.

GL to everyone!

Comment

Totally shocked by PITT's downfall this year. They need to move Malkin or Stall for more depth I believe. That or can Therian. Look at the way OTT has been playing since Hartsburg got the boot. I believe one of the announcers on hockey night in Canada said PITT has to go 16-9 the rest of the way just to hit 91 points, which has been the cut off the last couple years to make the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                  X