Pens ****can their coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pens ****can their coach

I had forgotten that PIT really made their run last year with Hossa in the lineup. The more i think about it, the more i think that this team just isn't very good honestly. They have had their 2 top defensemen out most of the season and honestly, the peripheral players around Crosby and Malkin haven't stepped up this year.

Malkin- 81
    Crosby- 72
    Sykora- 39
    Satan- 32
    Staal- 31

next guy has 21 points.

You compare that to another team that is contending in the East the Caps.

Ovechkin- 71
    Backstrom- 58
    Green- 50
    Semin- 50
    Kozlove-31
    Laich- 31
    Fleishmann-30
    Nylander- 27

Just and example but you can see that the Caps don't rely on Ovechkin nearly as much as PIT relies on Crosby and Malkin.

I think PIT problems run a lot deeper than the coach. I have never understood how a coach is so good the year before he takes you to the finals and you give him a contract extension....then the next year he is ****canned 2/3 of the way into the season with a different makeup of guys (ruutu, hossa, malone all gone for openers)....:dunno:

you knew it was coming.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
    I had forgotten that PIT really made their run last year with Hossa in the lineup. The more i think about it, the more i think that this team just isn't very good honestly. They have had their 2 top defensemen out most of the season and honestly, the peripheral players around Crosby and Malkin haven't stepped up this year.

Malkin- 81
    Crosby- 72
    Sykora- 39
    Satan- 32
    Staal- 31

next guy has 21 points.

You compare that to another team that is contending in the East the Caps.

Ovechkin- 71
    Backstrom- 58
    Green- 50
    Semin- 50
    Kozlove-31
    Laich- 31
    Fleishmann-30
    Nylander- 27

Just and example but you can see that the Caps don't rely on Ovechkin nearly as much as PIT relies on Crosby and Malkin.

I think PIT problems run a lot deeper than the coach. I have never understood how a coach is so good the year before he takes you to the finals and you give him a contract extension....then the next year he is ****canned 2/3 of the way into the season with a different makeup of guys (ruutu, hossa, malone all gone for openers)....:dunno:

you knew it was coming.
    I think Malone and Ruutu are the biggest pieces missing up front right now. They both brought grit and toughness to PIT which is something there lacking this season not to mention Malone wasnt to bad at contributing on the scoresheet.

Gonchar is really missed on the blueline but again more on the offensive level. They have been really bad in there own end and more times than not the goaltending hasnt been there. Satan and Sykora have to step up and theyll probably have to make a move at the deadline for either scoring or defense cuz there lacking on both ends of the ice right now.
    Predictem Record: (1 unit=$25)
    NHL TOTAL---> 21-17-0 (+10.47 units)
    CBB TOTAL---> 21-21-1 (-4.72 units)
    CFB TOTAL---> 0-0-0
    NBA TOTAL---> 0-0-0
    ---------------------------------------------------
    2010 TOTAL--->42-38-1 (5.75 units)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    2009 TOTAL--->198-177-9 (+7.62 units)

Comment

Working...
    X