FF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF

Pretty good article on the Flyers and their never-ending goalie carousel...

Pierre LeBrun: It's February? Must be time to wonder who's No. 1 in net in Philly - ESPN

yeah, great article. especially to get in touch with all those guys for the piece and have them quoted.

here is my take on the whole thing. i am a die hard passionate fan but unlike the dude hanging over the glass i think i have a little bit of normalcy to my fandom.

my whole problem with the PHI goaltending situation has always been this. I look around the league at so many franchises that are able to develop goaltender after goaltender.......Minnesota has backstrom, harding, they traded for fernandez....dallas with fernandez, turco (one other guy im forgetting)......nashville with vokoun then rinne and the guys there this year......anaheim with bryz, hiller, giguerr.....most of these guys were let go not because they weren't good but because their teams couldn't afford them.

Then there is PHI...not one home grown prospect that is really even worth being a number 1. And they seem to love to find the 1 hit wonders who play well for a year and then disappear. Boucher has been nothing but a back up since he left PHI. Esche was a back up in PHX and is now in Russia....Biron was a backup in buffalo and is certainly playing like one this year. Nittymaki is a lifetime backup who has never panned out well enough to take over the #1 spot in like 4 years of being a flyer or however long he's been there.

It's been a solid parade of over the hill veterans who may or may not have a season or 2 left in them and a bunch of career back ups who play well in spots but don't have the consistency to play seasons game in and game out (which is why backups are backups and not starters).

Gets old honestly. Maybe they will sign Andy Moog for the stretch run........:beerbang:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

boucher has been pretty decent in net this year
      13 games 9 wins a 1.93 gaa and 93% saves not bad for a backup imo...but i guess its not to hard to play behind nabi

Comment

Working...
      X