Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Thursday NHL >>>

NHL YTD: 226-196, +41.42

Monster 10+ unit night yesterday. :thumbs: Up over 40 Units...amazing since I was down about 5 units at the All-Star Break. :thumbs:

Hurricanes -140 vs Sabres
    Buffalo is in deep ****. Losing Miller really hurt, as he was playing amazing hockey, keeping the Sabres alive in the playoff race. He joins Vanek on the sidelines...forcing the Sabres to make a playoff run without their two most important players. Now it comes out that backup Lalime has part of the flu that has been going through the Buffalo room, and is doubtful for tonight, forcing the Sabres to possibly start a 20 year old rookie Swede in net, on the road in a big game. Apparently the kid is a decent mid-level prospect, but this is a bad spot for him to jump into the NHL. He's also lost his last 6 AHL games. Tough spot if he plays. On the home side....the Canes have quietly been playing some good hockey and need this game to jump into a playoff spot. They've won 3 of 4 and have badly outshot each of those 4 opponents to the tune of 153-78. This team is flying, and should really test either a struggling Lalime who is sick, or a rookie swede with alot of rubber tonight. I also expect Ward to bounce back from an un-Ward-like performance in the loss against Ottawa last game where he let in a few softies. That was a game Carolina really should have won to keep their winning streak alive, and a solid goalie like Ward bounces back from that more often than not. Carolina's gotta be the play here.

4 Units

Panthers +113 vs Rangers
    Not happy about fading Tortorella in his first MSG game, but the Rangers are not in a good spot at all. They are on a road b2b after losing in Toronto in a SO last night, and are playing a good rested Florida team coming off a blowout loss in Boston. I'll throw out that loss against the Bruins, as they were in a terrible spot on Tuesday (like I had mentioned). All of a sudden it's the Cats that are in the good spot, and they also get Vokoun back, who was playing well, but missed that Bruins game. Florida is now rested, looking to bounce back, and playing a tired NYR team. I read this quote from Tortorella regarding his first impressions about the Rangers... "I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I'm a little concerned about the conditioning of the club," Tortorella said. "I thought we looked tired in the third period. We're going to try and play an attacking style. We need to be in shape." With that assessment, and the team on a b2b with travel...and facing a fast, quality opponent with good goaltending....I'll go with the Panthers to win...

Blues +140 vs Stars
    Insane line of the night. ****, I'd play STL as a pick'em here. The Blues are quietly playing some decent hockey in the second half, especially defensively, and nobody has been hotter in net than Chris Mason. On the other side, Dallas has ran into injury problems, and the flu bug, and that lack of depth will most definitely see them fall out of the playoff race. Under is likely a good play here too, but I like the Blues to grab a road win as big dog...

2 Units Each

GL :thumbs:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 02-26-2009, 11:21 AM.

Amazing job Johnny. Keep it up! :beerbang:

Comment

Thanks Ang! Keep your sisters away from Tillman!

Adding a few more...probably a bad idea, cause I'm not TOO strong on 'em, but what the hell...lol...

Avs/Devils OVER 5.5 -105
      Brodeur is back, but will likely be rusty for a while, much like we saw with Luongo. Avs have gotten some offensive players back from injury which should help their scoring. On the other side, the Devils were shut out 2 of the three games on their recent road trip...I expect some goals out of them back at home facing the ****ty Raycroft in net for the Avs. Hunch play.

Bruins -0.5 -118 vs Ducks
      Coming back with the Bruins after cashing them big last game...hoping there is no letdown after scoring 6 on Florida. Mostly a fade of Anaheim though...who've won 2 straight on this East Coast roadtrip, but really haven't been great, getting outshot 98-60 in the three games on this trip, and the last win was mainly just running into a good spot against hurting Buffalo. They still should have probably lost that one. Now they go into one of the toughest rinks in the league...I think they get thumped by Boston. Ducks also traded a top 6 forward today (Kunitz) and have their best player hurting with a busted up face (Getzlaf will play hurt).

2 Units Each

Senators +160 vs Sharks
      Going to take a stab at fading the Sharks on the road again...they've stunk away from home all month, and are playing on a road b2b after getting thumped in Detroit. We'll also likely see SJ's backup in this game. Definitely worth a shot...lol...

1 Unit

Comment

I'm also on Carolina, Florida & St. Louis tonight before I even saw your post. Hopefully some GL for us.

This is my first post as I came over from another Capping forum that died out. Glad to be a part of predictem :thumbs:

Comment

Also where are you finding these lines. I'm laying more juice on all three picks than you are.

Or aren't you allowed to say the site you use on this forum?

Comment

Vince...GL and :welcome:

Lines are from Pinnacle and/or Bet365... :thumbs:

Comment

Gl today jml

Not liking the sharks play I think we'll return to form today as we just got buttraped my zberg n co. We're number one for a reason n we'll show it tonight gl with yourbplay

Comment

Looks like I was right, and I shoulda just stuck with my three original bigger plays, as they all hit!
                Still cashed the Boston addon, so its another good day :thumbs:

4-2, +6.60 Units :thumbs:

Comment

Well we went 3-0 on our mutual picks. :beerbang:
                  Florida and Carolina were both looking shaky there fora minute.

Comment

Working...
                  X