NCAATourney and NHLRS Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAATourney and NHLRS Sunday

nice night with the college pucks Saturday going 3-1 +11.3Units.

I have absolutely no opinion on the Cornell and Bemidji game. Cornell plays a really Minnesota Wildesque game of hockey and their PP is among the worst in D-1 hockey. And quite frankly i know nothing about Bemidji State other than they used to be good in D-2. Not sure if ND was napping on Saturday or if BEMST is that good. So leaving it alone.

BU -200......5Units......BU beat UNH 5-0 at home and 3-1 on the road i believe in their series in conference. These 2 teams are familiar with each other but i just think there is a huge class difference here, especially defensively. BU has one of the nations's best PP, they HAVE the nation's best defense full of a bunch of big fast future pros. They should dispatch the UNH'ers today if they play a solid game. BU 18-1-3 (all 3 ties in the same weekend series) L22 games. UNH lost to BC 2x to get eliminated in the first round of their conference tourney. UNH did beat BU 2-1 at home but that was in the 2nd game of the season.

CHI -145..............kind of like the spot here. VAN has been on the road for about 9 days (5th game) and is playing their 3I4, 4I6 and though it's not B2B that's still a lot of travel. They didn't look all that great on Friday versus Colorado and have alternated wins and losses. CHI has only played 2x in the last week and has won 3 straight at home. This is actually a really big game in the standings. These 2 teams will most likely meet in the 1st round 4/5 matchup barring VAN catching Calgary which i guess is still possible. CHI can go a long way in nailing down that home ice 4th spot today and that should provide some inspiration for a good game from them.

ANA 160 (reg)......5Units......just a huge game for ANA and they sure didn't show up versus Edmonton on Friday, but COL is just awful. One BIG concern for me is ANA goaltending situation. Giguere has been something just a hair short of pathetic over his last 11 starts compiling an almost 4 GAA. He was yanked on Friday. Hiller is no Ken Dryden but i would rather have him that Giggy right now. This game is just almost a have to have if ANA wants to make the playoffs. They have 3 games on the road after this at Vancouver, San Jose and Edmonton. Points here are an absolute must and one of the best spots to play a team is the last home game before leaving on the road. They had been playing really sound hockey before Friday's meltdowns at the beginning of the 1st and 2nd periods which were almost mirror images. Hopefully that was just a let down and they do crank it up today. Spot wise, this might be one of my favorites of the year as you have a lot of things in the good column for a play on ANA. One other thing that bothers me is a ALWAYS lose the Sunday ANA games and i am almost never right about the ANA period....:bang:

CBJ -150................2nd of a home and home that went to OT Saturday. CBJ really came on after Nash got layed out in the 3P and just came up short in a SO. I like the way that team has been playing and i would think they come up with the split here. They need to pick up some more wins to get that elusive first ever play off berth and that should be all the motivation they need.

probably the last hockey plays of the year other than a frozen four play. done in hoops and probably done in hockey after today. just kind of want to enjoy the playoffs and the rest of the season without having to worry about capping. kind of getting the feeling my every day betting days are a thing of the past.

GL to everyone!
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 03-29-2009, 12:02 PM. Reason: updated odds and units
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

love the ducks tomorrow, they've been in killer form, they deserved that edmonton game Roloson bailed them out big, I took the -1.5 to start but i'll be all over the reg line as well.

I like the spot for the hawks too but just find it tough to fade my team right now, any time really but just playing really good hockey when it counts lately and with this being the likely playoff encounter I think they show up. Its hawks or no play tho in this one I think.

GL tomorrow ff, might just tail you on BU don't follow college pucks at all

Comment

Yup....Anaheim for me too. Like flm, said...I'm not so sure they didn't show up against EDM....as they did manage a whopping 54 shots in that game!!! (to EDM's 20). From the highlight package that night, the vibe I got was Anaheim was all over EDM, and Roloson stood on his head. Against Budaj it should be a lot easier...

They should smoke the Avs, who are definitely the worst lineup in the league right now...

Also looking at Edm tonight against the Wild coming in on a b2b. Roloson's been on fire, and the WIld have some injury problems as well.

GL

Comment

JML, flmmrz- THX!....

1/2 the ANA shots were in the 3P and ANA didn't show up to start the 1st or 2nd periods i guess i should have said (plus goaltending was a mess). But yeah i agree on rolly and they did get it going later in that game. Good to see you on them...

updated the thread above....BU -200 as i thought they probably would be...i should start setting these lines....lol..

GL to everyone!

Comment

DET Over3 1/2 -120...................probably a bad late add which is almost always the case, but i like playing a team like DET off of a horrible effort and one in which they got SO. NAS playing B2B, 3I4 and 4I6 and we may get Ellis in net today (not basing the play on that, though). I had a notion to play the game Over5 1/2 but if the game goes over DET will go over IMO, and i could see DET scoring and NAS not scoring a lot more than the reverse....so going with the team over. Plus NAS beat the everliving crap out of DET last game 8-0 and that had to have left a mark.

GL to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            Yup....Anaheim for me too. Like flm, said...I'm not so sure they didn't show up against EDM....as they did manage a whopping 54 shots in that game!!! (to EDM's 20). From the highlight package that night, the vibe I got was Anaheim was all over EDM, and Roloson stood on his head. Against Budaj it should be a lot easier...

They should smoke the Avs, who are definitely the worst lineup in the league right now...

Also looking at Edm tonight against the Wild coming in on a b2b. Roloson's been on fire, and the WIld have some injury problems as well.

GL
            Must win game for the Oil. GL if you play it.

Comment

pretty good sunday to say no mas....

lmao...played the DET team over and they lose and the game goes over...:ohman:

BU takes the lead 1-0 and then can't do anything after that....

CBJ never in it....

AND my fantasy team is going to crumble off of some great efforts this week from Mike Richards (4 games no points), Crapcavelier (4 games no points) and on and on. best offense all year and then nothing in the playoffs...:ohman:

hopefully the Ducks can win to salvage something.

enjoy the rest of the season....see you all around.....:beerbang:

Comment

2-3 +1.7Units

not bad...picked up about 13Units this weekend...should have just left the NHL alone....guess i picked the wrong time to jump in on the chalky favorite card

enjoy the rest of the season.....im heading the way of the ex presidents after summer.....:thumbs:

Comment

:thx: that bu win helped offset the wings ****ty effort again.

Comment

Working...
                  X