X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML Wednesday >>>

Bad night last night...one for tonight.

Blues +140 vs Hawks
    With CHI coming home on a b2b, and not playing great hockey, I really thought it might be close to a pickem (or small fave) against a hot Blues team on a playoff push. Seems like insane value, but are we getting suckered? Books might have Chicago winning easy for some reason. Still going to bite...

2 Units

GL

i really don't understand this line honestly. If the books wanted CHI money i would think they would have set that line closer to -130 or -125. They are the better team, i don't think there is much debate about that, but they aren't playing the better hockey IMO.

one thing i am debating is fading STL tonight and tomorrow and doubling up tomorrow if they win tonight. If STL can go into CHI and DET on B2B nights and steal 2 wins versus probably their 2 biggest rivals i will be amazed and coronate them as Cup contenders. Problem is laying -170 tonight and probably -220 or so tomorrow makes it tough to do.

Did you see now Erat is out for NAS with a broken leg? I have no idea how they are still hanging around with Arnott out as well.

Who do you think grabs the final playoff spots?? I see it this way:

DET
    SAN
    VAN/CAL
    VAN/CAL
    CHI
    CBJ
    ANA
    STL/MIN.....STL with only 1 home game left but some winnable road games at PHX and COL. MIN has the better schedule IMO and I probably lean slightly to them. If STL gets swept tonight and tomorrow which is a disticnt possibility then advantage Wild IMO.

Nashville is just too banged up IMO and their schedule is not kind with roadies at Detroit, Chicago and Minny........and the OilCan is toast.

Anyhow, GL on your play. I think i may just stay on the sidelines tonight or take a real small Flyer (pun intended) on PHI tonight. Just so i can post about 9 of these....:bang: ...when they lose...lol.

GL!:thumbs:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Yeah...not sure how the FLyers don't beat Cujo...but they always lose these games like you said. Kaberle also back tonight The LEafs forwards haven't been the problem, it's been defence and goaltending, so maybe the Ray Romano look-a-like can solidify the defence a bit. Staying away from that one.

STL...yeah...can't argue with much of what you said...books definitely don't want CHI money, you're right...probably getting suckered, like I said, but Mason is toguh to beat, and they are playing well....I bit on the line...hoping for a STL win tonight, and a fade of them tomorrow...

Adding...

Sabres -145 vs Thrashers
      Miller vs Hedberg. Sabres still with a glimmer.

2 Units

Coyotes -105 vs Avs
      Colorado the worst team in the NHL right now, and I actually like the way this Coyotes team has played since the deadline Bryzgalov let in some softies last game, or PHO would have beaten Dallas 6-2. Raycroft vs Montoya tonight.

1 Unit

Comment

GL JML! Tailing you on Buffalo.
        2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          Problem is laying -170 tonight and probably -220 or so tomorrow makes it tough to do.
          Looks like Detroit will be -310 tomorrow against STL....wow...

As for the standings....I agree....ANA 7th, STL 8th. I'd also love to see FLA beat out MTL for the East 8th spot.,..lol

Some interesting 1st round matchups possible in the East.... rivals Bos/Mtl, NJ/NY or Phi/Pit would be wild...wow.

I really think my longshot Vancouver Future has a chance in the West. Detroit really blew it deciding not to get a goalie. They won't do it with Ozzie again this year, and SJ/Thornton are playoff chokers as we know. Calgary seems too "loose" if you know what I mean, can't seem to trust that team, and Chicago has faded. I like Vancouvers depth and goaltending to actually have a chance at getting it done. It just looks like a playoff team to me...
          Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-01-2009, 04:41 PM.

Comment

BetUS

Team to score first:

New York Islanders +185
            Washington Capitals +250

:dunno: :dunno:......lmao....i put a unit on the Caps. Im sure it will be voided as that was a typo probably (imagine it should be Washington -250). but what the heck. maybe it will slide....lol.....

Calgary will never win BTW because of Mike Keenan. Look at what he is doing with Cammelari. The guy is leading them in goals and points and he has one bad game and gets sent down to the 3rd line and now has no points in 3 straight. He tinkers and moves guys around too much for there ever to be any level of consistency in Calgary. I would hate to play for that guy.

Comment

lmao at the Flyers.......same **** different day....and man, there are surrrrrre a lot of empty seats in the building there tonight....kind of a dead crowd, except when they keep scoring on PHI....:laughing:

Comment

Biron gets pulled after giving up 3...that's good for the goalie stats this week...:ohman:

team is awful in front of him tonight and he's been awful as well.

parent just stood there while stempniak punched the puck underneath him a while ago.....PHI should almost be an automatic bet against in this situation.

Comment

lmao at the Flyers.......same **** different day....and man, there are surrrrrre a lot of empty seats in the building there tonight....kind of a dead crowd, except when they keep scoring on PHI....:laughing:
                  Nah....the platinum seats are just empty for the first 5 minutes of every period b/c there are private bars in the back for those seats for ticketholders. Private bartender and TV...lol. Leaf games have been completely sold out every game for many many years...

But yeah...typical Flyers....lol....glad I layed off...

Comment

BetUS

Team to score first:

New York Islanders +185
                    Washington Capitals +250

:dunno: :dunno:......lmao....i put a unit on the Caps. Im sure it will be voided as that was a typo probably (imagine it should be Washington -250). but what the heck. maybe it will slide....lol.....

Calgary will never win BTW because of Mike Keenan. Look at what he is doing with Cammelari. The guy is leading them in goals and points and he has one bad game and gets sent down to the 3rd line and now has no points in 3 straight. He tinkers and moves guys around too much for there ever to be any level of consistency in Calgary. I would hate to play for that guy.

Did they refund your bet, or keep it in play?
                    2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                      Looks like Detroit will be -310 tomorrow against STL....wow...

As for the standings....I agree....ANA 7th, STL 8th. I'd also love to see FLA beat out MTL for the East 8th spot.,..lol

Some interesting 1st round matchups possible in the East.... rivals Bos/Mtl, NJ/NY or Phi/Pit would be wild...wow.

I really think my longshot Vancouver Future has a chance in the West. Detroit really blew it deciding not to get a goalie. They won't do it with Ozzie again this year, and SJ/Thornton are playoff chokers as we know. Calgary seems too "loose" if you know what I mean, can't seem to trust that team, and Chicago has faded. I like Vancouvers depth and goaltending to actually have a chance at getting it done. It just looks like a playoff team to me...
                      I am going to chip into this discussion and say that there could be some serious value on the Ducks as big doggies heading into the playoffs. If we see Wings/Ducks in round one, I'll put a couple units on Anaheim at a huge dog line.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                        I am going to chip into this discussion and say that there could be some serious value on the Ducks as big doggies heading into the playoffs. If we see Wings/Ducks in round one, I'll put a couple units on Anaheim at a huge dog line.
                        Agree completely Ang, need to hope Jiggy can get his **** together for that to happen tho. Love the way the duckies are playing right now.

jml I'm with you on the Vancouver futures, I hope they keep up this form and get some puck
                        luck along the way cause i'm sitting on 3 units worth of vancouver futures from before they landed Sundin 1 @ +4000 and 2 @ + 3500. I'd clean up if they can do it, tho the cup itself would be bigger as a canuck diehard since the ugly ugly ugly days.

Comment

Working...
                        X