Good Friday Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Friday Discussion

another good discussion thread set of results Thursday (4-0) so why not as i said finish it off. flmrrz thoughts on PIT and VAN were spot on and 1/2 man chipped in with a winner on FLA as well.

JML....where were you Thursday....:dunno:

some really really big games. don't recall a Friday with this much emphasis in a while...usually Fridays suck...

MIN -170 over NAS....:dunno: is all i can say. both teams fighting for playoff lives. NAS in the much better position. MIN all but dead. NAS off of a 3-1 comeback that resulted in a 4-3 SO win over the enigma that is Detroit these days. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. Arnott has really jump started this team that is for sure. B2B on the road for NAS and OT to boot, but then again they should have some good momentum coming into this game. MIN is well rested, but can you really lay -170 with a team that doesn't score in a game this big. I can't get a read on this one.

STL -165...............actually think the line here is telling you which way to go. CBJ was just -140 dog in Chicago 2 days earlier and now they are -165 dog today....:dunno:.....CHI obviously is a better team than STL but the line doesn't reflect that. CBJ really is pretty much locked into the 6 spot and i think may be a little fat drunk and happy after clinching their first ever playoff spot. Not the case for STL which has just absolutely outworked team after team lately. Can't fade STL in this spot and i think the juice is worth the spot (or a -.5 reg play if you can get it)

ANA -240 over DAL....DAL playing the night before in COL (altitude) playing B2B with travel. ANA rested and needs this game. Another chalky chalky muncher play but i just can't see ANA losing to a DAL team that struggles on both ends of the ice. ANA needs a couple more points to sew up a spot and i think those come here. the JML special may be in play here too (PL).

CAL is -155 over EDM and i really don't want any part of that game. CAL needs to keep winning and i suppose i would lean to CAL, but their PP is now something like 0 for L39 (ranger like in ineptitude) and they are not a good road team (despite how well they played versus the Canucks last game out). Oilcan is toast but wouldn't they just love to ruin CAL season here......if they still care. Might look at the Over here honestly.

any thoughts?? my initial plays are STL and ANA
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 04-09-2009, 11:59 PM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

not much for hockey, but i've been reading your threads over the last couple of weeks and won a decent amount from it. ANA has already moved to -270 lol so that kind of eliminates that one for me. I think if I took anything tonight it would be the blues or a parlay of ANA and STL.

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
      not much for hockey, but i've been reading your threads over the last couple of weeks and won a decent amount from it. ANA has already moved to -270 lol so that kind of eliminates that one for me. I think if I took anything tonight it would be the blues or a parlay of ANA and STL.
      The problem with this time of the year is that hockey wins/losses are mostly about effort. The reason you get dogs that hit in the other parts of the season is that you can find bad spots for favorites or bet against teams like Detroit that get fat and happy around February. I don't think i layed more than like -160 all year long, but the past 2 weeks i've thrown that out the window. So now you are getting max effort from teams like Anaheim and if Anaheim gives max effort they should destroy Dallas tonight.

I would be shocked if ANA lost tonight to DAL. And i would be shocked if STL lost to CBJ only because as i mentioned, i think this is a bad spot for CBJ and STL has been flat out outworking everyone they have played. So a parlay of those 2 would certainly be a good play, IMO. I will most likely play STL and I may play ANA in regulation or parlay them. Still need to figure that out.

Comment

Couldn't agree more on STL....only game I like tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
          me too, jackets get nothing out of winning this game, STL has everything to play for. Only game that jumps out at me.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
            me too, jackets get nothing out of winning this game, STL has everything to play for. Only game that jumps out at me.
            :beerbang: ....lets bring the blues home tonight.....:beerbang:

Comment

FYI:

some dude named Jeff Drouin-Deslauriereses is in net tonight for EDM...:dunno:....never even heard of the guy.

Also Turdco back for DAL versus Hiller.

Looks like Mason v Mason in STL tonight.

Comment

Betus with no props/regulation lines out on the games tonight...:dunno:....seems odd

rolling with:

STL -165.....2 1/2Units

ANA -300/STL -165 (+114)......1Unit

also with probably regretable small plays on the following 2:

CAL first score (fading that new dude and EDM in general) -135....

ANA first score -190......looking for a fast start from ANA tonight and see below.

really bummed i can't play the ANA regulation line today. But i really don't want to lay -300 for them SU and the 1 1/2's are not the easiest things to cash in the NHL. So rolling with a play on the first goal. Always a risky proposition but i do think they jump on DAL who played last night and barely escaped an awful Colorado team.

Comment

mlehhhh, first score wagers are a push. I should have left that CAL game alone like i had said yesterday but had a 1/2Unit burning a hole in my pocket...:ohman:

first goal bets i have come to the conclusion are too random an event. NAS scores first tonight but MIN dominates the game. book that thought for next year's black book of NHL betting.

STL up 3-1 after 2P....ANA up 1-0 early......lets go Blues and Ducks....:thumbs:

Comment

2-0 tonight on the plays

1-1 on the small 1P plays...

really feel for everyone who had the -1/2 Regulation. To give up a goal in a meaningless game with :14 left is just brutal.

Comment

Working...
                    X