• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL 1st Round

Series Prices

Flyers +145, 2 units
    Flames +135, 2 units

Not laying chalk with any of the series prices, I see a couple teams that are pretty evenly matched, and both of these teams have the better all around talent IMO...I see everyone is all over Chicago, I am probably missing something but this Calgary team has been here except for Jokinen, and I just dont see Chicago taking this guys out...

Game 1

Capitals -175, 4 units
    Flyers-Pens O6, +105, 2 units
    Saint Louis +165, 1 unit

gl tonight
    To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
    2 units=50, etc.. and so on

PF3- you're not missing something on CAL...you're missing a whole bunch of things...lol....there is a reason everyone likes CHI. CAL has been playing AWFUL hockey for the last month and they are one of the worst road teams in the NHL for the most part. They are missing key guys on defense who may play but are really dinged up, kipper has been very average and they can't seem to find (thanks to keenan) anything on offfense. Their PP is something like 0 for its last 44 or something close to that. CHI has a goalie who has won the stanely cup and have some vets mixed in with some good young guys. Unless your name is like Detroit Red Wings, it's tough to play awful and then all of a sudden turn it on. I can really think of about 4 or 5 other series i would take the dog in besides that one. But we'll see i guess.

Hope your PHI prediction is right. I was just thinking. After getting steamrolled by PIT last year, you know they won't leave anything on the table.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
      PF3- you're not missing something on CAL...you're missing a whole bunch of things...lol....there is a reason everyone likes CHI. CAL has been playing AWFUL hockey for the last month and they are one of the worst road teams in the NHL for the most part. They are missing key guys on defense who may play but are really dinged up, kipper has been very average and they can't seem to find (thanks to keenan) anything on offfense. Their PP is something like 0 for its last 44 or something close to that. CHI has a goalie who has won the stanely cup and have some vets mixed in with some good young guys. Unless your name is like Detroit Red Wings, it's tough to play awful and then all of a sudden turn it on. I can really think of about 4 or 5 other series i would take the dog in besides that one. But we'll see i guess.

Hope your PHI prediction is right. I was just thinking. After getting steamrolled by PIT last year, you know they won't leave anything on the table.
      I like the Flames to upset Chi-Town.

Comment

sweet Ofer last night

The Capitals are absolute frauds, how do you allow the NY Rangers score 4 goals on you on your playoff home opener....FLYERS, that made me sick last night, they showed no heart, emotion, turned the puck over, and it didnt look like they even wanted to be out there, and I dont know how they turn it around, because John Stevens is not the kind of coach to get up and animated with his players after a disgraceful showing.....Flyers bet is down the toilet, time to bring in a real coach in the off-season, because there is way too much talent to be doing what they did last night....

nothing tonight ....doubling and then some on Washington, Philly, and Carolina tomorrow...

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

well havent had the chance to post ....havent been hot at all but playing one tonight

Flames -140, 6 units

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

Flames kept me hanging on last night....hell of a game, great series so far!!

lets get it going tonight....Flyers huge bounceback in Game3, they showed some heart and intensity, and things are starting to boil over, from the hit on Timonen, and I am expecting a very physical, dominating game out of the Flyers, lets just hope the Zebras dont take this one away from the orange and black....Lots of Giroux taking over, and Richards and Carter and company serving deuce back to Pitt....

Flyers -130, 4 units

Chasing the Sharks as well, they are not getting swept by the Ducks, they looked better in Game 2 and its about time they find the back of the net tonight...

Sharks -140, 4 units

Last one, Carolina is gonna even things up tonight after a tough Game 3 IMO, Canes need to show something tonight or its over in 5 for these guys....

Carolina -140, 4 units
            Carolina PL +210, 2 units

gl tonight

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

i'll believe it when i see it from PHI....i honestly don't think they are capapble of playing a 60 minute dominating game...:ohman:

thought you were going tonight......

GL!....

Comment

FF....

unfortunately I had to sell my tickets, I had way too much to do for work, which I accomplished nothing because of the game....I am going to Game 6 if it happens, but thats not looking promising right now.....The Flyers played good last night too, so frustrating man, so damn frustrating, I really feel PHL is the better team...

Game 4

Flames -140, 4 units
                Flames PL +205, 2 units

gl tonight

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post
                  FF....

unfortunately I had to sell my tickets, I had way too much to do for work, which I accomplished nothing because of the game....I am going to Game 6 if it happens, but thats not looking promising right now.....The Flyers played good last night too, so frustrating man, so damn frustrating, I really feel PHL is the better team...
                  that sucks you had to sell those.

no way is PHI the better team IMO. First off, they basically gave away a game by not showing up for game 1. The series started PIT 1-0 in a 6 game series. Good teams do not do that. No other team did that. In fact PHI was the only team that had an effort like that in the first game of the playoffs. Typical, though. Second, they are no where near as good as PIT when it comes to the back end. Their D has continually turned pucks over and their goaltending has been average at best. Especially when watching some of the other goalie play in the playoffs. 3rd, PIT is willing to score the get dirty goals and PHI isn't. At no point in the series other than last night in the 3P when PHI had 3 PP's to PIT none and were finally desperate did i feel that PHI was the better team (parts of game 3 too i guess). Had PHI played 60 minutes the way they played the 3P last night they would have probably won that game. Had they been willing to get bodies in front they probably would have won that game. Unfortunately, hartnell doesn't understand playing like Holmstrom....his idea of going to the net is bowling the goalie over and sitting for 2 minutes (i mean how old has that gotten this year). A lot of those shots fleury stopped in game4 were unscreened saves, especially on the PP. I mean where has the traffic been in front of the net on the PP...:dunno:....too many guys not willing to pay the price to score a get dirty goal.

flat out bottom line is that until PHI finds some guys like Primeau to mix in and have a team that competes for 60 minutes of every playoff game they will never win.

BTW, they are going to get destroyed IMO in game5. I would take PIT to score the first goal as a nice wager. PHI will come out flat i can almost guarantee it. Pouting and quitting (well everyone but Richards and Carter....those 2 guys rule....:beerbang:)

GL! with da flaaaaaaaames, da flaaaaaaaaaames....:thumbs:
                  Last edited by FlyersFan; 04-22-2009, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Flames, impressive that they were able to finish off the Hawks after choking away a 4-1 lead...Iginla is the man!

well I am back for more punishment tonight probably, but the way I am looking at it is the Flyers have nothing to lose tonight, I really feel they have been playing the better hockey, and they are backed in the corner, but it sounds like from what I am hearing is that the Flyers really think they can come back, and when you dominate two in a row and throw away a game in PIT, I dont see any reason why they couldn't pull it out tonight....Carter is also due to hit the net and not the post, and if Fleury plays like he did in Game 4 tho it is over....FF...I figure the Flyers are gonna stick it to me by a) losing and getting eliminated from the playoffs at the game I will be attending b) they bring it to 7 and then lose.... I think one of them are happening...Carter, Richards, Giroux, Timonen have been great, but we need something out of a guy like Knuble, Gagne, Briere tonight, these guys have been in the league and plenty of playoff experience its time for them to show something tonight!

Flyers ML +165, 2 units
                    Flyers-Pens O5.5, -110, 4 units
                    Flyers -1/2, +255, 2 units

Sharks ML -140, 2 units

gl tonight

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyFan3 View Post

Flyers ML +165, 2 units
                      Flyers-Pens O5.5, -110, 4 units
                      Flyers -1/2, +255, 2 units
                      GL!....hope you're right. But you of all people should know by now that talk is always cheap in the PHI dressing room. If talk won games and titles they would be talking about PHI the way they do the Canadiens, the Islanders of the early 80's and the OilCan in the mid to late 80's......:thumbs:

Comment

yea I know FF, but I believe in some of these guys....I just think there is way too much value on the Flyers tonight, if they were getting dominated like CBJ is against DET id understand the big line, but this series has been very close...Letang and Sykora out tonight as well...Satan in

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

thanks to biron big time. ****ty 1P effort by about everyone but him and he saved them and gave them some momentum. outshot 15-5 and severely outchanced.....been waiting for PHI to get something like that from him. Then they finally started to play in the 2P. Typical PHI, though, played 40 minutes of a 60 minute game....:ohman:.....just don't understand why they can't play 60 good minutes ever......but they had better be better to start game 6 or they are going golfing.

Comment

I was definitley scared that 1P with all the sloppy passes, and lack of any fluidity in the 1P, but Marty stepped it up big time especially with that save on Malkin....I think the Flyers are getting under PITT's skin, they definitley had Crosby very frustrated at the end of the game, things are looking better but I still have this from yesterday "I figure the Flyers are gonna stick it to me by a) losing and getting eliminated from the playoffs at the game I will be attending b) they bring it to 7 and then lose" and I really hope its not A...Got seats in the 10th row up top but it doesnt matter the roof is going to blow off in Philly tomorrow, 83 degree weather, all day tailgating, and when the Flyers score oooooooH oooooooooH ooooooH....I am really pumped FF, I dont why I think the Flyers are winning this series but I do, these damn Orange and Black shades I look through...

but anyways Friday and Saturday

Caps -200, 4 units .... Hope laying the chalk doesn't bite me in the ass, but I think NYR win in 6....

Saturday

Flyers -140, 4 units
                            Hawks -155, 4 units

gl this weekend fellas

1 unit=25 dollars

Comment

yeah, i got the same sense. but the really big issue for PIT is that the linemates of crosby and malkin (knock on wood) have absolutely disappeared. the only good line has been the 3rd line with Staal. If it stays that way PHI has a chance. But honestly, they haven't played 60 minutes of hockey yet and that is really troubling to me. I just don't understand hearing Knuble interviewed after the first period of game5 saying they came out with poor intensity....:dunno:...i mean dude, your down 3-1 in the series and you can't muster up some intensity...:dunno:........if PIT had scored a goal in that 1P they would have lost 19-0 i think. but hats off to Marty.....:thumbs:

enjoy the game tomorrow. Im jealous. I saw them 3x this year all on the road out here and it always amazes me the amount of PHI fans for games in CA......we took over their building in ANA....:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                              X