NHL Playoffs Round 2 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Playoffs Round 2 Discussion

Going to depend on who wins tonight to determine the matchups for the East....

but we do already know these in the west........

Anaheim Vs. Detroit

Chicago Vs. Vancouver

Any initial thouhgts you might have on these two series?
    If it ain't fun, don't do it!

who knows.....going to keep the double up game going with the team i feel is playing the best hockey. worked real real well in round1. as i said in my thread. trying to grab 6-10Units in the 2nd round.

I think both series will go at least 6 games so there are winners to be had on both sides IMO. probably start out playing DET at home as they won't get swept. also probably look to play VAN at home both games then switch to CHI at home.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

and honestly JB- i think it's tough to say right now how a series will go in terms of betting individual games. You have to get a feel for the series and act accordingly. I am going to roll with exactly what i did in round1.

Comment

lol....FF, I don't think he was asking about individual games, or chase theories....he was wondering who everyone thought will win the series!

Looks like the early lines are DET -325 and VAN -140

I think Vancouver takes it in 6....nice playoff win for the young Chicago team, beating Calgary. But the Flames ran into too many injuries, and the Hawks might have got a bit lucky from that. Inexperince might catch up to them, and the Canucks have such a deep team as well as Luongo. -140 seems like a steal to me.

The other series....tough...would love to see Anaheim take it. Detroit does look great, but it was the BJ's. Might be some value on the Ducks, but will likely lay off.

We'll see what happens tonight to see the other series....

Comment

lol...he said anyone have any thoughts on those series.....so i gave him mine....lol

i agree on VAN and probably 6 like you said.

ANA series is going to be a war and if Hiller plays like he did in round1 the ANA have a great chance...if he is average i think they will struggle.....i certainly wouldn't play -325 for DET though.....

i honestly think series bets are a waste unless you can do what JML did in round 1 and take a couple sure fire ones and parlay them. you are much better off getting your money out of a series game by game IMO. there usually is no value in series bets. You can bet VAN -140 in the first 2 games at home and make your money. why not do it that way?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
            i honestly think series bets are a waste unless you can do what JML did in round 1 and take a couple sure fire ones and parlay them. you are much better off getting your money out of a series game by game IMO. there usually is no value in series bets. You can bet VAN -140 in the first 2 games at home and make your money. why not do it that way?
            Because it's FUN...and that is what sports betting is to me! lol :thumbs:

Comment

i took chicago and vancouver to win their first round series and i liked it. I dont have to sit and guess which games they are going to win or if they will defend home ice or if I need to double up if they lose one of the games they should win. I just pay a relatively low price and watch the team win 4 games. Its more enjoyable for the lax hockey fan like I am.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                Because it's FUN...and that is what sports betting is to me! lol :thumbs:
                yeah i hear you. but you know my comments are always from a gambling perspective. it's funny how much discussion i've heard over the years out of vegas on series and future plays and honestly the consensus has always been they are no value bets. but i hear you on the fun part if that is your gig......:thumbs:

and daws- if your goal is to win x amount on a series you would be better off playing the value in the series and getting your money that way IMO. i know flmrrz and I have both done well going game by game in the series and doubling up on losses. in round 1 i had 2 series i broke even on and quit (SAN and WAS), 2 series i killed it (PIT and NJD) and 4 other series i profited on OK/decently (VAN, CHI, BOS and DET). I guess i would rather do it that way from a amoney making perspective. but that is just my angle and 2 cents on the thing. I didn't make series wager on CAR in the first round because i thought i could get all the value i wanted on them in game by game deals.

Comment

Will add the other two.......

Carolina Vs. Boston
                  Pittsburgh Vs. Washington
                  If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

Working...
                  X