Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ang's NHL (3/7)

NY Islanders -131, 1 unit
    I think everyone here has said enough about this game. The Islanders need the points and should be up for this one after the joke that was the end of the blues game...

Calgary -0.5 +107 (60 min), 2 units
    Operation fade oilers is in full force. This team has completely lost its identity and have simply quit. They haven't score a goal in more than 2 games at home and it would not surprise me to see that stretched to 3...

GL Everyone!

edit: Wrong date in subject... :(

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
    Operation fade oilers is in full force.
    LOL.

I agree with both....let's nail 'em :thumbs:

Comment

Gl Angelus Lets hit the isles...:beerbang:

Comment

Cant believe i'll be the one riding the oil tonight as i've made good coin fading them all year but I don't believe for a second they're just riding out the season yet. Management has too much pride, team has too much history and the fans are still showing up in force. They're in a funk but handing Calgary a loss in a much needed win for the flames is going to be a nice morale booster
        Last edited by flmmkrz; 03-03-2007, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I kind of agree with ya about the oilcans.Sometimes a couple of good ass kickings can wake a team up.I am gonna take a back seat to this one,but would not suprise me if edmonton plays hard.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
            Cant believe i'll be the one riding the oil tonight as i've made good coin fading them all year but I don't believe for a second they're just riding out the season yet. Management has too much pride, team has too much history and the fans are still showing up in force. They're in a funk but handing Calgary a loss in a much needed win for the flames is going to be a nice morale booster
            You could be right. The Oilers like to beat teams they have no business beating. On their recent 7 game trip, they got poitns against Ottawa, Buffalo and Detroit, but lost to Boston, Toronto and Minnesota. :nuts:

GL!

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
              Management has too much pride, team has too much history and the fans are still showing up in force.
              The management doesn't play on the ice, the Oilers history is just that...retired, and the fans are pissed and revolting against the GM, and the Battle of Alberta is usually 50/50 in the fan department.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                The management doesn't play on the ice, the Oilers history is just that...retired, and the fans are pissed and revolting against the GM, and the Battle of Alberta is usually 50/50 in the fan department.
                true, true, true and I wouldn't say that. I've been to a couple oil flames games in calgary and the oil jerseys are far and few in between. I dont know if Calgarians travel better than the oil fans do or not. I just really don't believe a pro athlete with any pride, that's on a team in the city of champions ( what a pretentious name btw) and being part of that rich history is going to lay down to its cross provincial rival.

Comment

As someone who has been to many Oilers games, I think JML is confused between Rider & Stamps games...not Oilers/Flames games... :sm:

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                    As someone who has been to many Oilers games, I think JML is confused between Rider & Stamps games...not Oilers/Flames games... :sm:
                    LOL...maybe....thought I remembered a good other team turnout when I've seen them. Sure is like that when the Leafs play another Canadian team or Buffalo.

And as an ex-sask, I'll say a Go riders!

:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                    X