NHLPlayoff Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLPlayoff Friday

2-1 yesterday....can't believe CAL or NYI couldn't muster one more measly goal between the 2 of them.

NHLPlayoffs2007: 4-4 (-2.1Units)
    NHLFirstRound: 4-4 (-2.1Units)

NAS -140................4Units.....................beli eve it or not, i really don't think much of NAS and i wouldn't be a bit surprised if they lost this game. This team has been really average in the last part of the season and lost every big game they had on their schedule down the stretch (including all 400,000 of them vs. DET and a big one at home vs. DAL in the last 10 days of the season). They beat up on the ****ty teams in the West going 26-6 vs. the Kings, Coyotes, Blue Jackets, Blues and Blackhawks. Quite frankly i think they are a fraud. Crapkoun has been just short of below average since he returned and Forsberg has had one skate in NAS and the other one back in Sweden since he got there. But i am playing the spot here in hopes that NAS actually can put together 60 solid minutes of disciplined hockey and will prove me wrong. NAS has less of a chance of winning this series if they go down 2-0 than Philly had of clinching a playoff spot with 5 games left in the season. No way they walk into SAN and take 2 of 3 in what is one of the buildings in the new NHL that actually does have a home ice advantage. So that leaves us with game2 in NAS that is an absolute must win for the Preds. I still really question their ability to win a big game, though, as they didn't do it in last year's playoffs and they didn't do it down the stretch. Cheechoo won't play tomorrow for SAN, FYI. But i am going to ride the spot with the preds.

still looking at a couple others like MIN Over2 goals, NAS Over3 goals and the VAN side.

GL to everyone!
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

GL Flyers, on it as well
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Udoggiedog- THX!....lets hope they show up

NAS Over3 +100..................i have a feeling this series is going to get really nasty and SAN may take some dumb penalties in retribution for the Cheechoo hit. SAN was taking a TON of dumb penalties over the last 3 weeks of the season, so the precident has been set for them to do so. If NAS is going to win this one, it's not going to be 2-1, IMO, as i think there are going to be a lot of PP and the refs are going to look to take control of this series before it gets out of hand.

GL to everyone!

Comment

GL FF!

I like Nashville and Dallas to both even their series tomorrow.

Comment

Angelus- THX!...nothing surprises me anymore but i would think NAS would even the series. I really liked the way DAL played in game1, but i just don't know who has what in the tank after last night. And i don't know DAL mindset in this one going in. That sucks losing that game in 4OT's and they may have a hang over in game2 at least to start. I honestly think if they can square this thing a 2-2, however they do so, they will win this series. JMO, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
            GL FF!

I like Nashville and Dallas to both even their series tomorrow.
            save your money on Dallas bro. They'll be done in 5, Van was shaky and played subpar while Dallas played as good a road game as a team can play and they still couldn't get it done. I don't believe the players belive they can get it done.

Liking Nashville tomorrow tho

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
              save your money on Dallas bro. They'll be done in 5, Van was shaky and played subpar while Dallas played as good a road game as a team can play and they still couldn't get it done. I don't believe the players belive they can get it done.

Liking Nashville tomorrow tho
              Wow...a Canucks fan telling me not to bet against them...lol...

Your opinion is noted. :glass:

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
                Wow...a Canucks fan telling me not to bet against them...lol...

Your opinion is noted. :glass:
                LOL, figured you'd say that and i'll admit my bias but did you watch the last game? For me it boils down to which is more likely to happen, Van playing better than it did in the first game or dallas playing better than it did. I don't think Dallas has another level as they were very good all night while van was off for large chunks of regulation.

Can't wish ya luck on the nucks play but gl with the rest bro !!

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
                  LOL, figured you'd say that and i'll admit my bias but did you watch the last game? For me it boils down to which is more likely to happen, Van playing better than it did in the first game or dallas playing better than it did. I don't think Dallas has another level as they were very good all night while van was off for large chunks of regulation.

Can't wish ya luck on the nucks play but gl with the rest bro !!
                  I did watch the game. I watched all 7 periods....

I still believe if the Stars can find a way to contain the twins, they'll win the series.

I haven't made a play on Dallas yet and don't yet know if I will. If I do, I'll be sure to post it here. I want the credit when they win. :glass:

Btw, I should let you know I have 10 shares of your Nucks at WSEX...so I hope they win this series...and a lot more...

Comment

ADD:

MIN Over2..................i agree with Flmmrz here that the wild are a live dog tonight and could have easily won game1. I think they can manage 2 goals tonight vs. ANA. Interesting that the total is set at 5, ANA team total is at 2 1/2 but MIN total is only at 2. If MIN can't generate 2 goals tonight, i think it is going to be a long series for them. No way they beat ANA in a bunch of 1-0 games. ANA has way too much fire power, especially on the PP for that to happen. I think MIN is going to have to score some goals to win this series.

and BTW...how bad was Calgary last night. I liked DET to win a tough series, but i never envisioned CAL playing that poorly. I think DET may run over them in this one.

GL to everyone!

Comment

The flames were shockingly bad. I shouldn't be surprised as they've shown glimpses since they picked up Stuart that that d is shakier than its been in the past few year and they definately aren't as tough but they barely showed up which is not a flames trademark. I wish I loaded up on more wings players in my playoff pool the way they looked

Comment

Over "2"?
                        That must be juiced to ****?

I like both plays.... GL :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                          Over "2"?
                          That must be juiced to ****?

I like both plays.... GL :thumbs:
                          Minny Over 2 is -115 at 5Dimes...probably less at Pinny...

Comment

JML- THX!....Yeah, i really don't understand the MIN line to be honest with you. The game total is at 5 and the team totals only add up to 2 1/2. Very rarely do the team totals not add up to the game total. And it isn't even juiced as Angelus pointed out

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                              JML- THX!....Yeah, i really don't understand the MIN line to be honest with you. The game total is at 5 and the team totals only add up to 2 1/2. Very rarely do the team totals not add up to the game total. And it isn't even juiced as Angelus pointed out
                              Wow....I'm looking into tailing that play then....I figured it would be juiced to -140

Comment

Working...
                              X