NHLRS Thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLRS Thursday

good last couple of days but driving so no time to post. had ANA and LAK 2 nights ago and i told boiler if the LAK had blown that 4-0 lead on the heels of ANA blowing the 3-0 lead i was done with NHL betting.......cograts to VAN for finally winning a game. Doubled up on them as i had mentioned in my thread from Monday. Wasn't looking forward to doing it a 3rd time had they lost tonight.........

PIT +125............good value play here IMO. PIT played just an awful uninspired game on Wednesday but this rivalry should wake them up. PHI has been playing well so it's hard to go against them here, but i like the pens to hand PHI their first loss of the season.

SAN -200..........SAN owns CBJ at home winning 9 straight and after the awful performances to start the season i would have to think this team is due for a good hockey game. Like VAN tonight, they are too good to keep playing this way. Congrats to CBJ for the smoke nad mirrors job getting to 2-0 but i think that ends tonight. Nabokov is 16-4-2 with a 1.75 goals-against average in 23 starts against the Blue Jackets. He won both of his home starts against Columbus last season, posting a 2.00 GAA.

DET -145............DET trying to avoid starting 0-3 for the first time since 89-90. This one worries me and was close to a no play since DET special teams (especially PK) have been atrocious this year. But Since returning to the Red Wings in 2005-06, Osgood is 8-0-1 with a 1.92 goals-against average versus the Blackhawks at home, including postseason.
    He’s also 16-3-2 with a 2.13 GAA overall against Chicago since March 27, 2004, when he was with the Blues. Going to ride this one and hope that being back home and on home ice has some good effects on the Red Wings.

that's all.....wanted to play some other plays but not enough data yet to start in on the period totals or plays. all plays 1 Unit as has been the case probably for another week.

GL to everyone!
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

I looked at Pitt but man ur teams tough to go against at the moment.

Detroit I was tempted on as well but I laid off for the reasons you mentioned. I hope they cash it for you tho.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
      I looked at Pitt but man ur teams tough to go against at the moment.

Detroit I was tempted on as well but I laid off for the reasons you mentioned. I hope they cash it for you tho.
      flmrrz- THX!....DET was really a marginal play and im just kind of playing around the first couple of weeks. Hoping some hunch plays pan out since we really don't have much data to go on. Only playing single unit plays so it was worth the play in my "preseason" of betting so to speak. Would not have made the card at 2Units later in the year.

As for PHI, they aren't going to win them all and I like the spot for PIT which is why i played it. +125 is a pretty good value for that team coming off a bad game. I still like PIT and Fleury more than Emery. He shut down 2 awful offenses in CAR and the NJD. Didn't look so hot versus WAS and i think it's more of the same tonight. I was on them Tuesday night but i thought that was a better spot for them than this one. I know they want to beat PIT and show everyone they are a force, but that goes both ways. Had PIT won tonight and played a really solid game i wouldn't have made the play probably.

Comment

GL FF!

I hate playing b2b game teams but Pitts just played awful yesterday. As you said very uninspiring! A lot of chalk on SJ but they are a very tough home team. CBJ beat Vancouver but they always have trouble against them. CBJ is looking very good, they are my "sleeper" team this year. But I think I might go with the sharks in regulation tonight, -200 is a lot of juice! Like Det as well... same deal with the Canucks 0-3 to start, 0-3 not likely for Det, probably going to double up with the losses against St.Louis!

I don't have much time to post anymore and have detailed analysis! I hope I can try and do get them done when I can!

:thumbs:
        NCAA 9-7 -1.0 Units
        NFL 5-1 +4.9 Units
        Loaded Dice - Upon killing a unit, Twisted Fate rolls his 'lucky' dice receiving anywhere between 1 and 6 bonus gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Drigger View Post
          GL FF!

I hate playing b2b game teams but Pitts just played awful yesterday. As you said very uninspiring! A lot of chalk on SJ but they are a very tough home team. CBJ beat Vancouver but they always have trouble against them. CBJ is looking very good, they are my "sleeper" team this year. But I think I might go with the sharks in regulation tonight, -200 is a lot of juice! Like Det as well... same deal with the Canucks 0-3 to start, 0-3 not likely for Det, probably going to double up with the losses against St.Louis!

I don't have much time to post anymore and have detailed analysis! I hope I can try and do get them done when I can!

:thumbs:
          drigger- THX!....check in whenever you can....your input is always good to see...:thumbs:

and get yourself a VAN avatar....:beerbang:

Comment

i keep looking at this line and the more and more i look at it the more and more puzzled i am by it, so i am going to go ahead and play it.

BUF -160.............so the PHX are 2-0 and just beat the defending stanley cup champs last night in PIT and not only that but shut them out....and now they are a -160 dog to 0-1 BUF?? line seems out of whack honestly. PHX playing B2B and 3rd straight road game to start the season playing a BUF team that outshot its opponent 35-17 in the opener but lost on a fluky bounce. This line is begging for PHX money i think and therefor due to the spot and the line im going to give BUF a shot tonight at home. I would expect a bit of a letdown tonight at least on the paper handicap of this game from PHX after probably getting more than amped to play the defending cup champs in their building last night. Maybe my read is off on this one and maybe PHX wins and goes 3-0 on the road to start the season. Not seeing it, though.

GL to everyone!

Comment

im gonna tail you on buffalo ff, I had a lean that way myself so seeing you thinkin the same ways convinced me to give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post
                im gonna tail you on buffalo ff, I had a lean that way myself so seeing you thinkin the same ways convinced me to give it a shot.
                i mean the other funny thing is that BUF is never a public team that gets inflated lines like NYR, PHI, PIT, WAS, SAN, DET........

i think also the oddsmaker is probably trying to price people out of betting BUF as i don't think you could really make them any more of a favorite. I mean STL is -150 at home versus Atlanta and they are 2-0 and just beat Detroit 2x.......

my personal opinion is that PHX is kind of a phony 2-0...beat a PIT team that didn't show up and had PHI on deck tonight and then scored 6 on a Kings team that has coughed up 11 goals in 2 games. I think PHX is improved but the high number to me says play BUF.

lets hope we're right on this one......:thumbs:
                Last edited by FlyersFan; 10-08-2009, 05:23 PM.

Comment

whadya think of the preds tonight? Avs 2-0, beat SJ on Sakic night, emotions running high and at home, then get my nucks who lets face it probably could've won the game if they got some puck luck despite playing badly, this avs teams not a great team still. Nashville at home, tough team first road game for the avs rooks. No Dumont for the preds tho and publics riding the avs, tempted to make a play on the preds. Andersons also nicked. They also got Chicago and Boston in the following games possible chase no way they're running that gauntlet unscathed.

Comment

may tail you on NAS...honestly didn't look much into that one....im trying to do stuff when i get a break every now and then........

Comment

GL tonight FF! :thumbs:
                      NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
                      MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
                      MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
                      NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
                      Updated on 01/13/18
                      ---
                      One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

akdrakes- THX!....

5-0 night tonight.......8-1 last couple of days so hopefully the feel is starting to come around for the season.

as for Friday I don't really like the card, but FLA is in a bad spot and on top of that is 2-17 L19 in CAR. But CAR can't score goals and now Cole is out.

GL to everyone!

Comment

great work ff, im not feelin tonights card either canes were my initial lean then when i looked back a few minutes later line had dropped 10 cents and the canes are a team i can never read on top of that so im just sitting it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X