NHL Thursday Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Thursday Discussion

wanted to see if some people had thoughts on a couple of games....

SAN/WAS.....WAS opened -125 and is trying to avoid its longest losing streak in a while. They haven't beaten SAN in 12 years and Nabokov has a crazy 8-0 1.89GAA against the Caps. Now most of those were when WAS stunk, so toss a lot of that out, but SAN put a thumping on the Caps in SAN last year and from reading some articles, the WAS players seem to remember that one. I am really skeptical about WAS ability to keep the puck out of their own net, but i really am leaning to fading the trends and playing the Caps today as a small favorite at home.

COL/MTL..............amazingly this is the opener for MTL...:dunno:. 5 straight on the road to start the season. COL in the middle of a 6 gamer on the road and coming off 2 straight road wins. I would normally fade MTL in this spot but they've been home since Saturday and got 2 good days of practice in to fix some things. I don't see how you can be flat for your home opener, especially with all the new faces playing their 1st game in MTL. MTL opened -145 and i am tempted to go against COL in this spot and take MTL.

DET -200 is too much but LAK playing 3I4 and B2B against a DET team that is not playing well at all defensively. Anyone have an angle on that one?

CHI/NAS.....no way im playing NAS the way they are going and missing dumont and not having a clear cut goalie (rotation game) and neither goalie is playing well. 1 goal L3 games including 2 at home. No thanks. Better places to put your money, but not sure i want CHI and their goalie woes either playing b2b on the road. Travel is not a factor as both teams need to get from their game wednesday to nashville for thursday's game.

OTT/TAM really don't have a read on either team....

my strong leans are WAS and MTL, but haven't played anything yet. Wanted to get some thoughts on those especially.

GL to everyone!
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

lmao at this hockey forum........

2 weeks into the season on a Thursday night and in 15 hours i can't get one person to participate in a hockey discussion.....:ohman:

oh well.......
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I checked in here and didn't see the new post indicator so I just assumed the room was dead and i'd go cap. I find tonights plays tough.

SJ/Wash - I have hard time trusting the caps tending and you just dont know what sharks are gonna show up but at home and with the losing streak the caps do seem to be the only place to put your money.

In the habs game, Idk if you can fade the avs with that habs defense in shambles and the form the avs have shown. Home opener or not I have to sit it out.

Bolts/Sens - no clue, I've liked the sens this year but man Vinny has got to turn it on at some point, not eager for the + odds or the chalk.

Wings - oh boy tough call. Hate to lay chalk with the wings in their form but kings in a ****ty spot and sounds like Datsyuks not going tonight so add in some offensive issues with defensive issues and I can't see myself laying the chalk here but dont believe that the kings can beat the wings if they bring game tonight.

Hawks/preds - should've learned last night but im tempted preds again. Dumont apparently returns tonight, enough Idk but they despite having a game did take last night off so they should be the fresher of the 2 teams lol

STL is a play for me tonight, I like what the desert dogs are doing but the blues are rested off a couple straight losses and the more talented deeper squad. At + odds worth a ride for me.

Comment

I see some scoring in the Sens game, TBay averging 37 shots on goal an ds Sens averging 31 and both teams give up about 30 so something gotta give. I know they haven't scored much so far this year but it's not for lack of shooting.

Comment

Working...
        X