NHLRS Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLRS Saturday

nice solid week going this week with a much needed sweep on friday. some cards i really really liked this week including last night's card, but it's amazing...there are about 200 games tonight and i really don't like a whole lot. A bunch of tired road teams at big prices playing fat favorites i don't want.

DAL/CHI Over5 1/2............Friday night's DAL game was rather predictable as DAL was really due for a bad game and they were playing a Boston team hungry for a win in a good spot in their first game on the road trip. Tonight's game matches 2 teams that always seem to play up tempo great hockey games to watch. Neither team is very strong on the back end and especially in net for CHI (with that said im sure here comes the SO by CHI.......:laughing:). Both of these teams have been flying on offense and roll several very good scoring lines. Each team playing 3I4 with DAL playing B2B. Noramally i would be a little gun shy of asking much from DAL playing b2b and 3I4, but i would think they would want to put forth a quality effort after basically taking Friday's game off. Over is a solid play here, IMO as both team's strength is up front. Hopefully tired legs lead to some defensive mistakes. DAL PK is also among the league's worst, if not the worst. Each team owns a top 10 PP. DAL and CHI are both in the top7 in scoring so far, with CHI coughing up 3.5 GPG at home and DAL 3+ on the road per game in the limited season so far. 4 CHI home games this year have seen 7,7,11 and 7 goals while DAL road games have seen 9,7 and 7 GPG. Rumored goalies are Huet (CHI) versus Auld (DAL)

MTL -130................i may really kick myself for this as i am not a fan of the changes MTL made and i think gomez is a giant waste of space. they've done nothing on offense and the loss of Markov is going to kill that PP. As bad as MTL PP is, OTT is worse believe it or not at 3rd from the bottom.......OTT has really feasted on garbage teams this year beating TAM at home (who they own there), TOR and NYI. Plus losses to the NYR and PIT which are the only 2 decent teams they've played (i guess a win over ATL is OK). MTL has lost 4 in a row, but has played 5 of their 6 games on the ROAD and the road swing was the always daunting Alberta/western Canada swing which is tough playing 3 of those teams in 4 nights. MTL had it going early versus red hot Colorado but in the end couldn't sustain it. Under the radar rivalry as i don't think any canadian team likes the other and at a short price im willing to give MTL another go. If they don't play well tonight, im off of them for a while. Really would have thought this line would have come closer to -120 based on the way the 2 teams have gone. Hopefully that is a sign the oddsmaker is backing MTL to a degree. Leclaire (OTT) unconfirmed versus Price (MTL) confirmed by TSN.

I honestly can't believe that ATL is +145 which has to be the value play of the night, but that high line has scared me away. Both teams played FRI and coming off nice wins. 2 teams i don't think anyone can figure out meet up in NJD as the NJD host CAR. Good luck figuring either of those 2 teams out IMO.

Also came really close to playing TOR tonight. They aren't going 0-82 as Boiler loves to say :beer2:, and having lost to the NYR earlier in the week plus a Saturday HNIC, it's almost worth a play. Hottest team in the league playing the worst team in the league and I'm only getting +115 at home with TOR?????? And ATL is getting +145 at BUF????? Talk about 2 lines that don't add up................shows me the oddsmaker really doesn't trust NYR yet as SAN is a -220 favorite at NYI tonight.

and by the way......NAS is +195 at WAS and there is still no value in that play the way NAS is playing......

May just add TOR (any thoughts?)

gone all day Saturday and no games Sunday so enjoy the hockey weekend...:thumbs:

GL to everyone!
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 10-17-2009, 01:06 AM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

hold your nose time.....

TOR +115..............TOR is in possibly one of the strangest scheduling spots i've seen in a while in the NHL or NBA. They are playing their only game in an 11 day span. They played Tuesday then are off until next Saturday. Good spot if you were ever going to pick up a win if you're TOR. Well rested, playing a HNIC game on a Saturday night at Air Leaf Center, lost to the NYR recently and NYR playing 4th game in 7 nights and i think playing a little over their heads. Being a winless team with no games to follow for TOR for a full week (and with 4 days off before) i would expect TOR to throw everything they had at the NYR tonight. NYR have been dominant at home winning by an average margin of 3.25 GPG, but on the road they have played 3 one goal games including versus punchless and struggling New Jersey. TOR has been better at home if that is saying anything with an OT loss to MTL in which they outplayed MTL, a 2-1 loss to OTT (SOG were even) who has played well and a 4-1 loss to red hot Colorado Tuesday night in a game that they actually outshot the Avs 31-28 (benched some key guys and played the 3rd string goalie...see below). They did get destroyed by Pittsburgh 5-2 at home but that would be expected.

found this interesting........

Wilson mixed things up by benching top forwards Matt Stajan(notes) and Niklas Hagman(notes), who had five of the team’s 12 goals through the first five games, and starting third-string goalie Joey MacDonald(notes) on Tuesday. The moves failed to make a difference for the Maple Leafs (0-5-1) in their 4-1 loss to Colorado that dropped them to 0-3-1 at home.

Toronto has gone seven games without a victory to start the season just once - in 1990-91, when it lost six games and tied one.

Wilson tried to lighten the mood Thursday at practice by letting the players play dodge ball with tennis balls, and hopes Stajan and Hagman will be eager to contribute in their return.

“It wasn’t necessarily about them as a message to everybody else,” Wilson said after Thursday’s practice. “You saw what happened with Matt last year, he came out and had a great five or six weeks after that. If he can do the same thing and we can get Hagman to relax on the ice and play the way he did for most of last season, it would be a huge shot in the arm for our offense.”

Not to mention i think that the oddsmaker doesn't think NYR are a 6-1 team. San Jose tonight is a -220 favorite @ a NYI team that is probably better than TOR while the NYR are just -130 @ the winless and awful TOR. I think the line is low and is looking for NYR money. I suck at betting TOR games and rarely win them, so this is probably just another TOR L but i do like the spot for a bunch of reasons and i think the line points to TOR tonight. I would personally wait until right before the puck drops as you'll probably get a better line than +115, but im out all day so had to play it tonight. Valiquetter rumored in net tonight for (NYR) versus J Macdonald confirmed thru LWL posted below (TOR)

FYI....great site for goalie matchups posted daily is NHL Starting Goalies | Left Wing Lock | Fantasy Hockey Resources . completely free site (leftwinglock.com)....:thumbs:

GL to everyone!
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 10-17-2009, 01:20 AM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Great insight!

GG FF!

Seriously, Islanders and Toronto eventually have to win... Nashville looks absolutely terrible... Value, Yes... at this point I might as well burn my money!

3rd time the charm betting Tor... Might as well continue the streak...

Gonna take the chic over, that looks very good!

:thumbs:
      NCAA 9-7 -1.0 Units
      NFL 5-1 +4.9 Units
      Loaded Dice - Upon killing a unit, Twisted Fate rolls his 'lucky' dice receiving anywhere between 1 and 6 bonus gold.

Comment

Good luck today bud, thanks for the link! I'll be tailing the Dallas/Chicago total!
        NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
        MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
        MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
        NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
        Updated on 01/13/18
        ---
        One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Working...
        X