FYI Hedberg to start game 2 for ATL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI Hedberg to start game 2 for ATL

confirmed via XM hockey talk and the wire. Hedberg will start tomorrow. Kind of thought that the ATL team was as much to blame as lehtonen, as they were running around all game like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off looking to hit people and gave up tons of side to side passes. But that is playoff hockey for you. Kind of early to be desperate, but i picked the NYR....:beerbang:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

I really don't understand this move, unless they are hiding some kind of small Lehtonen injury. It really sends a bad message to your team at this crucial time. You gotta go with the guy that got you there, and not give the feeling that you have no confidence in your #1. Dumb, dumb coaching IMO.

God I wish the leafs would have made it in...hard to get up for the SJ/Nash and Ana/Min games tonight. Gaddam it.
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-13-2007, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post

God I wish the leafs would have made it in...hard to get up for the SJ/Nash and Ana/Min games tonight. Gaddam it.

actually what's worse is to watch how bad the NYI look and realize they beat you out of a playoff spot. They really weren't a very good team this year in all honesty. RickyD absolutely STOLE about 10 points for them this year in games they had no business winning or getting to OT in. And for all the Ryan Smyth talk, he sure looks like he belongs on the side of a milk carton.

Comment

I like Atlanta to win game 2 and I think JML is right, dumb move but Hedberg does have a 1.69 GAA vs Rangers in 8 games.
        :bang: 1 unit = 100 CAD

NCAAF
        14-19 -1115

NFL
        4-4 -260

MLB Playoffs
        1-1 0

NHL
        3-5 -175

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          actually what's worse is to watch how bad the NYI look and realize they beat you out of a playoff spot. They really weren't a very good team this year in all honesty. RickyD absolutely STOLE about 10 points for them this year in games they had no business winning or getting to OT in. And for all the Ryan Smyth talk, he sure looks like he belongs on the side of a milk carton.
          I guranteee the Buffaloers were wishing for NYI. Ask Vaz. Ask UD. Leafs woulda went 7 with 'em.

Smyth either signs back with the Oil, or comes to Hogtown IMO. This town needs to make a splash in the offseason.
          Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 04-14-2007, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
            I guranteee the Buffaloers were wishing for NYI. Ask Vaz. Ask UD. Leafs woulda went 7 with 'em.

Smyth either signs back with the Oil, or comes to Hogtown IMO. This town needs to make a splash in the offseason.
            I have my money on Smyth staying in New York. Just not with the Islanders...

Comment

Apr 6 @ CAR W 4-1 1 60 1 0 0 0 1 1.00 33 32 .970 0
              Mar 29 TOR W 3-2 1 64 1 0 0 0 2 1.87 29 27 .931 0
              Mar 22 SAN L 1-5 0 26 0 0 0 0 1 2.35 9 8 .889 0
              Mar 16 NYR W 2-1 1 62 1 0 0 0 1 0.96 39 38 .974 0

those were Hedberg's last 4 appearences of the season. I would give the guy a shot before piling on Hartley. He may flame out and i may be cursing him in 2 hours, but lets wait 2 hours as his numbers have been very solid down the stretch in some meaningful games against some teams who were fighting for the playoffs....including 1 vs. the NYR

Comment

Working...
              X