Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Discussion Thread

try this one more time.......

only 4 games on the card and i really don't feel like laying -170 for CHI or -220 for BOS, but on the flip side i really don't want NAS now missing Arnott for a couple of weeks and a VAN team missing a Sedin and unable to put the puck in the net....soooooooooo that leaves 2 games...

i am leaning to both home dogs.....gotta feel i get a split out of those 2....NYI have to win one of these days and who better to do that against than a CAR team that has scored 8 goals in 5 games minus the 7 goal outburst versus the Panthers. They have only scored more than 2 goals one time all season. Neither team has played since last weekend. NYI hung with San Jose for a while. Then not sure BUF deserves to be a -125 favorite on the road....they have yet to beat a marquee team playing well all season and pounded a Detroit team minus some players and minus an effort......

anyone have thoughts on those 2??....debating rolling with NYI +120 and FLA+108
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

I'm staring at that Isles game and I think they are the play here, Carolina is sloppy on D and give up way to many shots, if Ward has an average night the Isles should break that goose egg.

Comment

Maybe the over in the Dallas/Anaheim game may be intersting, Dallas has lit the lamp regularly on the road and Anaheim has been shoddy on D at home.

Comment

Originally posted by gsad View Post
        Maybe the over in the Dallas/Anaheim game may be intersting, Dallas has lit the lamp regularly on the road and Anaheim has been shoddy on D at home.
        yeah, i didn't see a line on that one yet.....i agree on that over....acutally forgot about that game as there weren't odds up on it yet...

one thing i would like to make sure of is that Brad Richards is in the lineup. hehas been a monster and they were clearly not the same team without him on Monday versus the Kings. He plays point on the PP too.

Comment

FYI.........Savard out 4-6 weeks with a broken foot...that is not good for scoring for that club as he is their key PP guy and leading scorer last 2 seasons......

slow start and i smell the season heading south real quck for BOS

Comment

Im finding it painfully hard to avoid Nashville tonight, they're awful and a borderline AHL team with the netminders they have but without Lucic and Savard, remove Kobasew, and they were already out of sync with the Kessel loss to start the season is there a more inflated fave out there right now than Boston? Bruins better tending and have the big man on the point but preds D is deeper and if their tending can keep this one close the teams aren't that far apart.

With what i've seen out of my team I want no part of them right now, but the hawks will give up goals and a key to their playoff success vs the nucks was the physicality brought by guys like Eager Burish and to a lesser degree Bfugly and Ladd. The nucks could really clog this game up and Lui wants a strong effort given his last showing vs the hawks. Can't see a play on either side.

Isles aren't gonna be winless forever and the Canes are a good spot to get a win but the Canes are still a better team and they're hungry for a win too. I havent read the Canes right in the last 3 years but I like the isles to get their first w

I like the Sabres tonight, Florida is garbage, Booth and Horton are off to terrible starts and Vanek looks set to return for the sabres. Off their first loss of the season they should be able to get back into the win column if they bring any game tonight. Not enough of a price tag on the panthers for me to ride a bad team.

Wild tempt me oddly enough. No respect for the avs I know but this one reeks. How the hell do you give a team on a 4 game winning streak against an AHL team that generated 18 shots, Barely, in its last outing a +120. Books cannot want anybody sniffing anywhere near minny, Havlat returns tonight who knows maybe thats the catalyst for tonight. Avs are a young team and they'll put up stinkers every once and a while
            all young teams do.

Dallas/Anaheim, tough game to call. Duckies shutout in 2 of their last 3 and barely got past a bad minny team, I would expect out of pride alone they come out with an effort tonight. If Richards who I keep hearing is still game time is out I'll prolly end up on the Duckies but if he plays prolly sit it out.

Nothing locked in but tentative plays, talk me out of em ff lol

Preds +190 (small) value play
            Isles +127 (small) never read the canes well
            Sabres -118 (medium)
            Minny -130 (small) tough to bet a bad team with more
            Duckies -141 (medium) pending Richards news.
            Last edited by flmmkrz; 10-21-2009, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
              yeah, i didn't see a line on that one yet.....i agree on that over....acutally forgot about that game as there weren't odds up on it yet...

one thing i would like to make sure of is that Brad Richards is in the lineup. hehas been a monster and they were clearly not the same team without him on Monday versus the Kings. He plays point on the PP too.
              I get what your saying about Richards but the first game without a star player is always tough and after that initial shock they are able to make adjustments, thats my opinion from seeing teams lose one of their stars in the past, I think they still have the firepower to get 3 or 4 goals on the Ducks, who should come out to play after they got embarrassed by the Blues.

Comment

I had the DISpleasure of watching the ducks/wild game 2 weeks ago or whenever it was and I'm no hockey expert, but both of those 2 teams suck ass if you ask me. The wild had like 1 total shot on 4 or 5 power plays and the ducks really weren't much better.

With that being said, I must agree in asking why the hell are the wild a -135 to -140 fave tonight? COL looks like a giant sucker bet to me, as I can't see too many people being willing to lay that number for the crappy wild.

Comment

Like the under in the Nash/BOS game, although lots of juice. Nash hasnt scored 2 or more goals in 5 staight games and now face a rested thomas. Bos has Savard out, big hit to their goal/pp scoring. 1st game out should be a little sloppy imo.

CHI would be a good play but at about -200 , id rather play the puckline, Nucks are terrible on the road thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                    I had the DISpleasure of watching the ducks/wild game 2 weeks ago or whenever it was and I'm no hockey expert, but both of those 2 teams suck ass if you ask me. The wild had like 1 total shot on 4 or 5 power plays and the ducks really weren't much better.

With that being said, I must agree in asking why the hell are the wild a -135 to -140 fave tonight? COL looks like a giant sucker bet to me, as I can't see too many people being willing to lay that number for the crappy wild.
                    Yeah Stiff you're right I really don't see why Wild are -130 tonight except that the odds makers are still taking into account the Wild stellar home play over the last 3 years.

Comment

i really at the end of the day ended up not liking much of anything....still may roll on the ANA game, not sure...

everything was wayyy too juiced. overs and unders alike were in the -140 and -145 range and that is just too much IMO.

I am really hoping BOS takes care of business tonight and i can unload on PHI tomorrow.....

Comment

Originally posted by flmmkrz View Post

Nothing locked in but tentative plays, talk me out of em ff lol

Preds +190 (small) value play
                        Isles +127 (small) never read the canes well
                        Sabres -118 (medium)
                        Minny -130 (small) tough to bet a bad team with more
                        Duckies -141 (medium) pending Richards news.
                        i like ANA tonight.....MIN line is whack.....went with FLA which was probably the wrong call but they are actually a decent hockey team IMO. don't forget they went and played on the russian front for 2 weeks and lost it when they came back as every team does.......NYI i passed on but i still think the game is winnable.....Preds no thanks...not without Arnott even though BOS is injured.

once again this year i think the best value plays are between about +125 and -140/-145...anything out side of that range becomes marginal. at least IMO.

Comment

MIN is a great play tonight on further review. whether it wins or not is another story. BEST spot to fade a team is the last game of a long road trip and tonight is the last of a 5 or 6 gamer for COL...plus they've won 4 in a row.

should have played NYI....:bang:...got home late and didn't have time to put the play in or look at it more so had to pass...:bang:

Comment

I'm not feeling tonight games, but there's nothing wrong with passing sometimes, the only game I like is that Ducks over and I think I'm going to roll with it later.

Comment

Originally posted by gsad View Post
                              I'm not feeling tonight games, but there's nothing wrong with passing sometimes, the only game I like is that Ducks over and I think I'm going to roll with it later.
                              yeah, probably should have passed on the FLA play......i did end up really really liking the MIN spot versus COL so hopefully that pans out...

it is kind of funny how some nights the card looks great and you want to play everything and other nights there are a bunch of games but you can't get a read on anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X