NHL discussion thread HNIC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL discussion thread HNIC

Well since Mr.Hockey is M.I.A. this week-end I'll try to get this thing going for FF and others,

I know Flmkerz won't like this but the first game that really looks intersting is,

Tor+170 in Van, the Nuckers have some injuries that are affecting them and after that emtional come from behind win in Chicago they may get to complacent and let an easy 2 points leave the building. Although the Leafs haven't come close to winning since game 1 they have showed some decent play here and there. The biggest thing in Leaf games is seeing how teams that play them get sloppy, Luongo is still trying to get into a groove so I see a possible upset here and should Vancover be a -200 fav? The sloppy play here also leads me to like the over 6 in this game.

Comment

Next game is

NYI +160 vs Wash, the Caps have weak D and goaltending, their transiton game has been awful as getting back on D has been a problem, while the Isles are getting beat but they are working hard nad the Canes can atest what happens when you get lazy vs another hustling NHL club, Roloson can hold the fort if the Isles can keep the shot total down,

Comment

Pit/NJD over 5.5 I like this over the Pens give up the most pp and NJ will exploit as they are a hard woking team although the Devils pp hasn't been that good so far this year they have Parise and Rolston waiting to break out. The Pens, well they just score.

Comment

well I'll start with those and may have a few more thought tomorrow.

Comment

I hate the thought of the canucks losing anytime but there is no way id lay near -200 on my team in its current state its crazy. Value wise Torontos the play but i cant let my homerism go long enough to make that play.

I like the isles too lots of value there and big letdown spot for the caps after Ovies h2h vs Kovalchuk.

Heres my takes on the games and ive locked in just one so far:

Bruins/Sens - Bruins are gettin some respect in this one for putting up 2 respectable performances since the injuries went down but nashville is flat out bad and philly was off a long lay off and coughed up its chances to expand its lead and ran into a hot Rask. Sens put up a stinker vs the preds but theyre better than that and a solid home team and at this price i like the sens.

Rangers/habs - locked in the rangers already for 2 units. Habs are not a good team Halek has given them some solid tending but make no mistakes the backend is still unreliable and they dont push the puck up well which stalls the offense. Rangers are an overated team but what they are doing is beating up on teams that they should beat up on and the habs are one of those teams. Off a couple losses they should be further inspired to get off the slide.

Florida/philly - who wants to lay this much chalk but the panthers surprised the flyers once they wont do it again so maybe a small play on the pl or maybe throw it in ml in a parlay with one of the dogs and really try to get max value

sharks/thrash - its a no play game for me, i was hoping the thrash would beat the caps so i could take the sharks here but with both off losses its a toss up game and i cant find an angle worth taking one over the other.

jersey/pitt - pitt was lucky to get the w tonight and jersey is rested and playing confident on the road but with pitt coming back with fleury this is another one i could see either side winning and no real angle that i wanna sink my teeth into

buffalo/tbay - sabres are for real while tbays home record is inflated with wins over 2 bad teams and while they beat the sharks the territory edge was held by the sharks. With teams that can bring the offense the way the sabres can the bolts find themselves overwhelmed and unless their goalie steals the game like he did vs the sharks the team is in trouble and here i think theyre in trouble.

canes/wild - canes cant keep losing forever but the wild suck, they did get havlat back but it hasnt changed much. If backstrom plays then theyre in this if hes out then carolinas my play just not the same team without him between the pipes. so will wait out goalie info here

Dallas/ stl - blues played last night but the -125 tells me the books think they are still the play here. Dallas has played very well but the blues are getting a line that a team that hasnt played the night before should be getting, books cant want money on the blues

kings/phx - big win vs the wings last game big ole letdown spot and the kings are talented work hard and fairly structured with solid tending. After beating the wings who wouldnt want to take the dogs at this cheap price which tells me my initial lean on the kings is prolly the right side to be on.

Det/Avs - Wings, avs have been sick but 3 in 4 with the return off the long roadie and the wings off a couple straight losses, this has to be a spot for the avs to finally fall. Need Datsyuk to come to play and for the team to get some tending. Also doesnt hurt that Andersons never been a starter prior this season and Budaj isnt ready to spell him so hes being forced to play more than hes used to.

cbj/anaheim - duckies suck right now, cant back em till they show something and there isnt enough value to take cbj so im sitting this one out.

Edmonton/Calgary - Flamers, chalky so i would probably sit it out cause im not dyin to pay that but id love the oil to win it and have this be a rough brutal game so my nucks can take it to them on sunday.
            Last edited by flmmkrz; 10-24-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

seeing Isles line drop with the Caps being hammered makes me lean more to the Isles unless any news is dropping the line.

Comment

Working...
              X