NHL Wed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Wed

Putting this one in now, as I expect the ML to go up...

3 Units

Buffalo Sabres -175

Looking for Buffalo to improve there play from what I saw in round 1 vs the islanders...

4 Units

Sabres Series -190

Everyone is making a big deal on how the Rangers arent the same team because they got Sean Avery and Shanny back...well the same goes for the Sabres...we added Zubrus and got Connolly to come back from his concusiion/knee stress fracture...Rangers cant go line for line with Buffalo, and all this Marcel Hossa talk, he would be a 4th liner on Buffalo...Rangers have 2 descent lines IMO, and have a very very hot goalie. We all seen what a hot goalie(aka DiPietro in Game 2) can do to the Sabres, but with home ice, and Lindy Ruffs coaching tactics, I like Buffalo to win this series. Its not going to be in 4 games as everyone here in Buffalo thinks or wants the Sabres to sweep everyone. Actually, I think its kind of , stupid, i guess is theright word, how everyone started pointing out the teams flaws and questioning the team after one loss to NYI in game 2. But alot of the people are back on the bandwagon now. I guess some people around here just dont understand the concept of playoff hockey. Your not going to sweep everyone lol.

Comment

Hossa might be in Rochester if he was a Sabre.....GL Vaz...I think Buffalo gets it done as well...

Comment

Hossa...

lol...I hope Buffalo gets it done as well...if our season falls short of anything but the Stanley cup, the whole city will be disappointed...people get all moody because we lost one game to the islanders...should be one hell of a series, especially if Lundqvist is on top of his game as he has been...a few of the games that Buffalo played NYR, we got lucky and faced Kevin Weekes LOL...both teams are "different" from there earlier meetings, so I dont think you can honestly use those as a measuring stick...home ice will be a huge factor in the series lol(like it isnt in any series haha)...I can really see the teams trading games...I wouldn’t be surprised if NY snagged one here, and the same goes for Buffalo, I wouldn’t be surprised if BUF snagged one in NY...one thing however, Rangers are doing a **** load of talking and bashing the sabres, while lindy has his boys mute...Mr. Avery of the rangers has said he will play and want to hurt the sabres...He also says he hates them all, and will go after them in the corners, yeah, you do that and give us ample PP opportunities....Sure Avery can knock some of the guys on there asses, but he better watch out to, I dont have a problem with Briere, Afinogenov , Vanek blowing past him for some odd man rushes....Rangers are providing locker room material for the sabres, and that’s always a good thing....Again, Tom Renney is making such a big deal that the sabers haven’t seen his “new and improved” team…. Come on now, they added Paul Mara and Sean Avery, I don’t remember if Shanny played in any of the games vs. the sabers…but we added Zubrus and Connolly, so that little advantage Renney is in love with is basically non-existent….Im hoping for a Buffalo series win in 5, but it might go the distance….Hopefully Jersey and Ottawa have a grueling, physical, 7 game series, with every game going to about 3 or 4 overtimes lol….Good Luck everyone!!:beerbang:

Comment

Maybe somebody can explain to me…Whats all the hype about Marcel Hossa…he had 10 goals and 18 assists in the regular season and has one goal and one assist in the playoffs…am I missing something???

Comment

cant wait for tonight lol....

The Rangers fired the opening salvos, with coach Tom Renney saying he’s not sure the top-seeded Sabres are “the cream of the crop” and pesty forward Sean Avery warning, “I’m going to hurt them.”

“We think we’re good right now,” Renney said, “and we think that we can win this series.”

LETS GO BUFFALO:beerbang: :beerbang:

Comment

avery talking about peoples moms and girlfriends doesnt win game, whoever in the media is all over sean avery and making such a big impact is retarded IMO....i know everyone here in buffalo finds it comical...we will all love when sean averys dumb ass gets trucked by brian campbell or adam mair....

Comment

im getting sick and tired of all this sean avery talk...he played in LA and his team sucked ass...so he gets traded to get a good team, and all of the sudden hes what, the next cam neely? come on, this guy is a energy type of player, hes not a difference maker though....if rangers win its because of jagr, straka, nylander, shanny, not avery....and in all honesty, adam mair is the same type of player as sean avery...so what is the big deal lol...i love how everyone is hootin the rangers horn....rangers are in for a wake up call IMO....

Comment

Wake up call is an understatement. The sabres are a well oiled machine and the rangers are high on themselves for giving the boot to a bad thrashers squad. Reality is gonna set in quickly in this game. I'm with ya here vaz, took them for a unit @ -175 as well. Lets cash it and shut Avery the fawk up.

Comment

I've never seen a guy reply to himself 6 times on thread over the first 8 posts, hahaha... GL tonight and in Round 2 vaz!

:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                      I've never seen a guy reply to himself 6 times on thread over the first 8 posts, hahaha... GL tonight and in Round 2 vaz!

:beerbang:
                      lmao......GL! vaz......
                      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
                        Maybe somebody can explain to me…Whats all the hype about Marcel Hossa…he had 10 goals and 18 assists in the regular season and has one goal and one assist in the playoffs…am I missing something???
                        yes you are.....Vaz- i will tell you this, Hossa coming back was big for the NYR. No one said he is Wayne Gretzky, but he plays on the top line with Jagr and Nylander and he was only moved up there towards the end of the season when they sent Straka to center the Avery/Shanny line. His Point production has actually been very good since he joined them and he was out for about 15 games don't forget. He has played very well on that line and him doing so allowed the NYR to move Straka to the 2nd line and give them a very good 2nd line as well. Then you have the checking line which as done pretty well. The sabres are the deeper team and nobody plays better transition hockey than BUF, but lets not count out the NYR yet. Hossa coming back has been huge for them and i said that before the playoffs even began, and he along with Avery are 2 big reasons why i picked NYR in 6 over Atlanta. That being said, Atlanta's defense was worse than PHI as the NYR skated circles around them blasting shot after shot. That won't happen vs. BUF. I think the biggest thing you have going is the fact that the NYR have 2 very very good lines that can score while BUF has 4 very very good lines that can score. NYR 3rd line is junk, IMO and their 4th line is good defensively but don't look for much on the scoreboard out of that 4th line for the NYR. BUF gets it done in the end UNLESS they are outworked by the NYR.
                        Last edited by FlyersFan; 04-25-2007, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                          yes you are.....Vaz- i will tell you this, Hossa coming back was big for the NYR. No one said he is Wayne Gretzky, but he plays on the top line with Jagr and Nylander and he was only moved up there towards the end of the season when they sent Straka to center the Avery/Shanny line. His Point production has actually been very good since he joined them and he was out for about 15 games don't forget. He has played very well on that line and him doing so allowed the NYR to move Straka to the 2nd line and give them a very good 2nd line as well. Then you have the checking line which as done pretty well. The sabres are the deeper team and nobody plays better transition hockey than BUF, but lets not count out the NYR yet. Hossa coming back has been huge for them and i said that before the playoffs even began, and he along with Avery are 2 big reasons why i picked NYR in 6 over Atlanta. That being said, Atlanta's defense was worse than PHI as the NYR skated circles around them blasting shot after shot. That won't happen vs. BUF. I think the biggest thing you have going is the fact that the NYR have 2 very very good lines that can score while BUF has 4 very very good lines that can score. NYR 3rd line is junk, IMO and their 4th line is good defensively but don't look for much on the scoreboard out of that 4th line for the NYR. BUF gets it done in the end UNLESS they are outworked by the NYR.
                          thnx FF-obv. here in buffalo, on the radios, tv, or newspaper, we dont get that view point that you just provided...i just took a quick peak at his stats and was wondering, i guess he is one of those players that still prove that stats dont speak for everything...

Comment

Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
                            thnx FF-obv. here in buffalo, on the radios, tv, or newspaper, we dont get that view point that you just provided...i just took a quick peak at his stats and was wondering, i guess he is one of those players that still prove that stats dont speak for everything...
                            yeah, sometimes something like that makes more of a difference to a team than you think. They NYR were a 1 line team with Nylander, Straka and Jagr playing together in the first 1/2 of the season. Shanny basically was on the 2nd line with scrubs. So they moved Straka down to the 2nd line and acquired Avery. The only way that works is if you don't have a drop off on your first line which they didn't. Hossa had some huge games down the stretch and as i said, he missed about the last 10 games or so of the season. He is one of those guys like Pyatt when they put him with the Sedins that all of a sudden flourishes when he is around guys who can make him better. There are guys in the NHL that have skills, but need someone to bring it out for them like Hossa with Jagr and Nylander.

Comment

oh yeaa...look at pyatt...quite the bum with buffalo...never played hard, nothing, played his way out of buffalo basically, and look now...i remember when we traded for connolly and pyatt...pyatt was suppose to be the next todd bertuzzi...big physical guy with 40+ goal potential, and he ended up being the biggest pussy on buffalo lol

Comment

Working...
                              X