Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry but the leafs are no better

http://mvn.com/nhl-devils/2007/03/04...en-detractors/

This is the unfortunate part of hockey....the cheap shots, not the fighting. We shouldn't be justifying hits by saying the other team is no better, we aughta be trying to get that out of the game. It's as chicken **** as Carmello Anthony sucker punching and then hiding behind teammates and coaches.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

You can't be serious when you say it is just like carmello?It is literally a clean hit that was one second too late that is it.but yes it was late I agree and he should be penalized.But i don't think he had intentions on hurting him.Just a young fourth liner trying to finish his checks.Really the game is so fast that a hit like this can happen.One second late.

Comment

i wasn't referring to that particular hit...i was referring to all the cheap **** in general.......i'm just getting tired of seeing it, that's all. And the hit was late....just like Drury's hit was late....guys need to stop hitting defenseless people end of story. But dang, leaf fans have no room to complain, i agree.

I think 3 games is sending a message that this isn't acceptable, even if it was an "accident" and was "1 second" too late.
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          i wasn't referring to that particular hit...i was referring to all the cheap **** in general.......i'm just getting tired of seeing it, that's all. And the hit was late....just like Drury's hit was late....guys need to stop hitting defenseless people end of story. But dang, leaf fans have no room to complain, i agree.

I think 3 games is sending a message that this isn't acceptable, even if it was an "accident" and was "1 second" too late.
          FF...I agree...and there have been other hits on players that have knocked them out for X number of games and it just isnt needed in todays game...other players that come to mind that were hurt on "cheap hits" include pisani and lupol from the oilers, kaberle, drury, and im sure there is a whole slew of others....

I think that one person can say they are clean, and another say that they are dirty....but if the player from your team is on the receiving end of a hit like that, your not going to say it was a clean hit...and in all honestly, hits like that do not make the game any better.....
          Last edited by vazman05; 03-04-2007, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Evil Empire View Post
            You can't be serious when you say it is just like carmello?It is literally a clean hit that was one second too late that is it.but yes it was late I agree and he should be penalized.But i don't think he had intentions on hurting him.Just a young fourth liner trying to finish his checks.Really the game is so fast that a hit like this can happen.One second late.
            carmello...thats just a whole different scenario lol...if your going to hit/punch somebody, be a man and stand up to the consequences, dont be like 'melo and go run and hide lololol

Comment

Lol.

Wendel

Actually....Leaf fans around here arent too pissed at Jansen, just pissed to lose Kaberle. I actually thought it was a clean hit that was a bit late....happens tons of times, Kaberle just hit his head awkwardly into the boards...unfortunate....the same hit happens away from the boards, and Kaberle bounces up like after many other hits during the game, nobody is talking about this at all. Shoulda been a 2 minute minor, no suspension IMO. I was thinking maybe he gets 1 game, but he is a 4th line goon, so the league gave him 3.

I actually thought the hit on Drury was way way worse, because Neil headhunted and caused the injury to Drury's head himself. The boards hurt Kaberle in the Jansen hit because a bit of bad luck.
              Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 03-04-2007, 11:01 AM.

Comment

JML-why do you think the leafs didnt retaliate against the devils??

Comment

Your kidding me right. Whos is this moron who wrote that article. Did he even see the hit. First all his example show players still carying the puck. How are they similar to a player who past the puck to his teamate 10 min before getting rocked. Jansen jumped, hit Kabby late and to the head. He clearly went to hurt him especially after he bangs his stick on the ice proud that he nailed kaberle. Ryan Miller said it best you hit a player to get the puck from him when u hit a guy 3 or 4 seconds after he passes the puck you hit to hurt.

All those hits were to players holding the puck, did he even research to find the same plays or just the biggest hits he can find.
                  Predictem Record: (1 unit=$25)
                  NHL TOTAL---> 21-17-0 (+10.47 units)
                  CBB TOTAL---> 21-21-1 (-4.72 units)
                  CFB TOTAL---> 0-0-0
                  NBA TOTAL---> 0-0-0
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  2010 TOTAL--->42-38-1 (5.75 units)
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  2009 TOTAL--->198-177-9 (+7.62 units)

Comment

just hoping kaberle comes back...i think I read somehwere that hes out 2-3 weeks?? TOR can def use him for the late season playoff push.....

Comment

First rule in Hockey always keep your head up.He was admireing his pass.I do agree that thr drury hit was much worse.

Comment

the argument can go either way, but for next year, the nhl has to address this issue...something needs to get done...if janssen got a suspension, why didn’t neil get one for the hit on drury?? what sense does that make....

Comment

Funny line from the Toronto Sun today... "If you wanted to punish the New Jersey Devils for Cam Janssen's hit on Tomas Kaberle, don't suspend the thug. Make the Devils play him. A lot."

LOL.

Comment

janssen is a goon....he has a whopping total of SIX shots on goal this year....you cant tell me he is on the ice to be a hockey player lolol

Comment

Working...
                            X