NHLRS Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLRS Monday

1-0 +3Units yesterday and a nice pick up of 4+ on a mixed parlay as well.....

DET -180...........outside the range (+140 to -160) that i use for 99% of the plays i make but I really like this spot for a couple of reasons. DET is 4-1-1 @ home this year and their only loss was to PHX @ home about a week and a half ago. Normally i wouldn't care as much but PHX jumped all over DET 3-0 in the 1P and it being recent, i am under the assumption that DET will look to get out quickly on PHX and have that loss relatively fresh in their minds. DET put up 42 SOG in that game and is averaging a close to league best 35+ SOG/Game @ HOME. DET is averaging 4GPG @ home and has scored 4,4,4,5 and 5 goals in games at home this year aside from the 2 they scored vs. PHX in that 4-2 loss so their offense has certainly been there and it has been consistent (not like they put up an 8 spot to skew the number....very solid 4-5 GPG in each contest). They own the 2nd best PK @ home in the league (95.5%) going up against an average at best PHX PP. PHX is the proud owner of the 3rd worst PK on the road so special teams advantage DET. Also, DET has been playing some great hockey since the loss to PHX.....they faded late versus Vancouver on Saturday to fall 6-4 but outside of that 3rd period, they have been probably one of the most solid teams in the league. PHX has struggled of late and is giving up close to 3.7GPG on the road.....and the bottom line for me is that I would be surprised to see PHX go into DET and win 2 games in 1 1/2 weeks especially given the state of play of both teams. And the result from 1 1/2 weeks ago being fresh in their mind should mean that we get a solid DET effort and no "looking past" or letddown spot. Small play today on the Wings. Incidentally, the schedule favors no one and is identical....both teams playing 3I4w/rest, 4I6 and travel from the Saturday contest in whicih they played last.

GL to everyone!
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-07-2010, 10:40 PM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Updated Game Notes:

PHX leading scorer and +/- guy Jovanovski will attempt to play tonight after missing last 2 games with the flu, but is still not 100%. Captain Shane Doan is still out.

Howard in net for DET and unconfirmed but likely bryzwhatever in net for PHX.

GL to everyone!

Comment

GL FF

Too juicy for me.........but still a good bet

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
        GL FF

Too juicy for me.........but still a good bet
        scorp- THX!....too juicy for me 99.9% of the time and i probably make about 3-4 exceptions/year at a number like that, but i really like the spot and the way DET is playing at home. We'll see.......definitely not good to make repeated plays @ that number but doing it few and far between in good spots is worth it to me.

Comment

little tougher than i expected but DET went 0/5 on the PP which didn't help....they wore PHX down in the 3P and OT and got the win, though, which is all that counts......37 SOG through regulation for DET (41 in including OT) again @ home tonight....they really get it going when they are playing at home. For whatever reason, though, their 2 worst home scoring games have been versus PHX (2 and 3 goals vs. 4,4,4,5 and 5 in other games)

not real crazy about tomorrow's card......spot play wise TAM is the "play against a team off a long west coast roadie" (TOR would be the play) and also looking at Calgary, Carolina and Montreal.....problem is all 3 of those teams are playing bad hockey right now......also debating TOR/TAM under with the problems both teams have had scoring and gagne and downie out of the TAM lineup (2 of their top6 forwards)

1-0 +2Units
          4-0 +13Units YTD

GL to everyone!
          Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-08-2010, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X