NHLRS Wednesday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHLRS Wednesday

not going to bother with a discussion thread today but will think out loud here.....

STL/CBJ...........line is 5 so not a ton of value in hitting the under, though, i think it would be shocking to see this game see 6 goals. STL has only allowed 10 goals in 6 road games. I actually like CBJ to win here and end the STL streak....also debating a 1P Under or game Under play.

may back NJD if i can confirm Brodeur will be in net and the line is low......

BOS/PIT doesn't interest me as BOS has major injuries down the middle and PIT has major issues in goal

CHI @ home losers of 3 straight playing a PHX team losers of 4 straight but the last 2 in OT.....-170 is kind of steep for CHI and Turco has a great career record versus PHX though.

NYI/ANA.......wish ANA hadn't played tonight but the ducks have the 2nd best home PP and the 2nd worst PK and the Isles have coughed up the most goals in theleague on the road this year. Debating over5 1/2 there.....

will solidify some stuff tomorrow late in the day......honestly the card doesn't interest me that much.....comments welcome

GL to everyone!
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

actually strongly considering the NYI now after watching the Ducks on Tuesday night......they flat out were out of gas and ANA will be playing b2b off a full OT versus a division rival to boot, 3I4, 4I6 and 5I8....i can see a letdown with a NYI team winless in their L7 games (scored 1 goal in 4 of L5 and the other was a huge 2 goal outburst....:hide: ) who has been waiting in ANA (last played Saturday) and is the fresh team without travel. wondering if a trip far away from home will energize them....usually first game of a road trip is a good spot to play a team.

lots of value in NYI +150.....over scares me due to how little the ducks had in the tank tuesday to end that game.

anyone have any definitive thoughts on that game?? anyone of the 2 people who post here....
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-10-2010, 01:32 AM.

Comment

ADD:

NYI +150........going to go ahead and play it @ this number....don't see it going a whole lot higher. Mostly a play against the spot that ANA is in and it became a play when ANA won that game versus San Jose. See the above post for reasons why but NYI aren't going to lose their last 70 games and I can live with a loss here if they play like the NYI of the last 7 games. Honestly, there is a ton of value in this play which sounds odd for a team who has lost 7 straight playing a team on the road who has won 5 straight. The NYI are the more rested team and it's the ANA who have the travel so the spot could be deceiving if you don't read it right.

i really don't like a whole lot else and I'm off the ANA over as i don't like tired teams in an over......only other play i'm debating is some form of CBJ or the under. will wait for goalie confirmations on the other games to see if something really piques my interest beyond that. Not liking today's card too much and not looking to force anything.

GL to everyone!

Comment

Good luck on pulling the trigger on NYI. I like it too. I have STL, and then BOS as a slight dog. :thumbs:
        NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
        MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
        MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
        NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
        Updated on 01/13/18
        ---
        One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Posting from a mobile phone right now on vacation so I have nothing to add but may eventually once I get home. I personally like discussion threads and/or people who give reasons for their plays or just plain add their thoughts. Much more helpful imho than just posting a record and a few plays every day and nothing else, and did want to let you know I find your hockey info useful and ditto for ncaaf and ncaabb.

Comment

Like Boston and Blues tonight with Halak and Thomas in net.

Comment

I back you on New jersy even with out brdeur who was,t sharp anyway they have to win a game at home.I disagee on BOSTON THEY are good road team and worth taking a risk
              beleave it or not I am taking a risk on PHONICS ,as chicago is beatable at home. G.L.

Comment

Lets break the ice Wednesday

YTD 11-4 +6.20 units

Tonight
                Chicago -165 1 unit

GLTA

Comment

aktdrakes- THX!.....

Stiffy- Thanks....i feel the same way about discussion which is why i joined this particular site (well the old site actually) about 6 years ago. Unfortunately, there is very little to zero discussion/explanations in any sport anymore and to me that is where the value lies as you mentioned as well. I think it's too bad and it's honestly why i really don't do much other than goof around here....the value to me is gone from what it used to be. I never was on here to post plays and get lurkers and keep a sweet record. I was on here to talk shop. My point always has been you can be 100-0 and post a play and it doesn't mean it's a sound play and a guy who is down 50 units can have some great insight on games too....so unless you know why someone is playing something, what is the use of even looking at the play??? Who knows....i really do love hockey and CBB and i'm going to do my best to get some discussion going in both forums....i know some of the guys like franchise and beholdah and wonka will talk hoops so hopefully we can get some good stuff going come CBB hitting its stride.

easywinner, england- THX!........here is the deal on my comments regarding not liking Boston. They just lost Kreji, their best center (well 2nd best but Savard has been out too) Saturday to a concussion and they are going to have to mix their lines up. They are down their top 2 centers and you basically have your 3rd line center centering your top line and the real kicker is that now you have to have 2 guys towards the bottom 2 lines @ center that probably shouldn't be in those spots. Center is a huge position in hockey and i think it's undervalued in terms of missing people.......I like Bergeron, don't get me wrong, but not as your #1 center. To me the value in this game is the under but it really scares me to play an under with Marc Andre Sieve in net.....

on a side note, i have not seen one other person on NYI and it kind of puzzles me honestly. It may very well flame out but you will not find a better spot to take a team than the NYI and a worse spot to back a team than ANA. I honestly can't believe the ANA plays I'm seeing at like -155...:dunno:...talk about no value in a play win or lose...

and scorp, make your own dang thread would you......

GL to everyone!

Comment

LOL:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Was in a rush...............can you tell

Comment

Thomas versus Johnson now in the PIT matchup....makes me like the Under. Johnson is 6-1/.943/1.67 and Thomas is 7-0/.967/1.02...and amazingly both guys have a clunker in there (johnson 5@dallas and thomas 3vs.caps in 1 period the other day).....BOS down their top 2 centers and PIT still without Staal....while Blake Wheeler(notes) moves from wing to center and Daniel Paille(notes) returns to the lineup after 10 games as a healthy scratch......to me BOS will not want to get into a scoring game and hopefully plays a defensive game.....sooooooo......looking at the following...going to chop the "i like a low scoring game" in half and try 1P and game....if this fails tonight i will abandon the 1P crap after last night's TOR 1P debacle....

BOS/PIT Under5 1/2

BOS/PIT Under1 1/2 (1P)

also PIT coming off the long road trip is usually a place to fade that team but don't like BOS situation without Kreji.......

GL to everyone!
                      Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-10-2010, 06:52 PM.

Comment

FYI:

It's Roloson (NYI) versus Curtis I don't hear you unless you knock McElhiney in net for ANA tonight which was predictable...he sports a 3.90 GAA average and hoefully lives up to that and then some.

GL to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                          I actually like CBJ to win here and end the STL streak....
                          !
                          good thing i posted that play.....:laughing:

ADD:

CHITOWN....4.5Units .gut hunch play

GL to everyone!
                          Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-10-2010, 09:08 PM. Reason: units

Comment

the 1P experiment has come to an end.....instead of splitting a regular play up into two 1/2 plays with a 1P play, i think it's too hard to guess what's going to happen in a single period and it's better to just roll with a full game play at full units. tonight it didn't matter as both lost but time to call that experiment to an end......

Comment

Good handicap bad result on the NYI game. More than double the SOG for the pathetic Islanders and nothing. Not a single goal. Yikes. That line did nothing but move against the clueless public all day long who were playing ANA because they "are good at home" or because "the Islanders suck". Tough beat to swallow there

Comment

Working...
                              X