Discussion of BUF/NYR game6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion of BUF/NYR game6

i have to say that i still think the NYR are controlling this series. They were :08 away from being up 3-2....BUF has played dumb hockey and hasn't come close to sniffing any kind of offense in MSG. I would love to play NYR today, but the thing that worries me is the way in which they lost game5....first getting scored on with :08 left then losing in OT. JML had a great point, though, that the guy no one is even mentioning is Lundqvist who has played great. And obviously BUF has no answer for what the NYR are doing defensively by collapsing 5 guys in front of Lundqvist so everything stays to the outside and there are no rebounds or cross ice passes.........my thoughts are another 2-1 type game....may play Under5 goals and look at the NYR.....also looking at playing 1P Under.......both goalies have been great and scoring chances have been at a minimum.............comments on any of those plays or any others???????.......my other opinion on this is that i think it is dumb to play BUF just because they are +100 or so tomorrow.....they haven't played well at MSG....and MSG has the worst ice in the league which really negates and has negated BUF speed so far in this series turning it into a game played in the sand instead of on ice.....any other thoughts? anyone feel differently???

serve 'em up.....
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 05-05-2007, 09:30 PM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

This is a tough one. I'm thinking OT again...lol...

My lean is to the Rangers. The under looks like it would be a decent play as well.

Comment

In my opinion, I think the Sabres take this one….NY has to be devastated the way they lost Game 5, and all this hoopla around how NY has dominated Buffalo at home is overrated, they won 2 games by 1 goal a piece, and the one they got a hand from the lack of a conclusive camera angle…Hopefully Buffalo leaves off where they ended the game, Buffalo completely outplayed New York, and were kept in the game by Lundqvist….

However, I can also see NY winning…home advantage, the **** ass ice surface, and the Sabres inability to score on the style of “D” that the Rangers have been playing…it wont be a high scoring game, so I think the under maybe a good play…Should be a old fashioned, defensive hockey battle…I am undecided if I am going to make a play on the sides….

Comment

yeah Vaz- the one thing that keeps coming back in my mind is how the NYR lost that game and what their mental focus is going to be.......i am going to see what the juice is on the Under5 tomorrow....i may also play Under6 and parlay it with SAN.....gotta see what comes up tomorrow....i think another play i may make is BUF team total Under3 if i can get it.....

Comment

i dont think i can bring myself to play buffalo, not the way that they have been playing at MSG....i think prop plays will be the way to go....

Comment

Vaz- period plays have been very good so far...i have had really good luck with them.....i like 1P Under tomorrow.......i think that is the most solid play on the board.....with the goaltending and the defensive mindedness of the series, i would be surprised to see 2 goals to start the game...

Comment

Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
              i dont think i can bring myself to play buffalo, not the way that they have been playing at MSG....i

lmao...that's what you said about NJD and you played 'em anyway...you'll be on your BUF tomorrow......:beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                lmao...that's what you said about NJD and you played 'em anyway...you'll be on your BUF tomorrow......:beerbang:

haha, and i have learned....should of listened:bang:

Comment

i think we will be seeing a very different jersey team next year...highly doubt scott gomez will be back, marty is getting up there in age...will be interesting to see who will be dealt and who will be brought back...

Comment

Vaz- you ever to to the BUF games?...i heard it is the cheapest ticket in the NHL

Comment

Vaz- you ever to to the BUF games?...i heard it is the cheapest ticket in the NHL
                      been to 18 regular season games, and to 2 games in the NYI series ..and yes that is true, there cheap if you were able to buy seasons, or mini packs, but the scalpers are making a living big time this year....every game has been sold out this year...playoff tickets in the 300's areselling for $400 a pair....

Comment

Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
                        i think we will be seeing a very different jersey team next year...highly doubt scott gomez will be back, marty is getting up there in age...will be interesting to see who will be dealt and who will be brought back...
                        lmao......way to go Lou Armadillo on firing your coach.....paid huge dividends...

yeah, we'll see. They need more scoring punch.....they don't have the same defense they had 5 years ago or the same goalie (though Brodeur is still very good). They really have to address the situation in goal, though. Just can't play Brodeur 400 times a year and in every BB anymore. It will be interesting to see what direction they go in and what kind of player they bring in. I think Lou is kind of stubborn and they may just reload with more guys who play the NJD style rather than switch styles to something more uptempo. To me, they are still locked in the old NHL and there just isn't enough room for error to play that style anymore. You just can't expect to win every game 2-1 anymore. Langenbrunner is no spring chicken, Matvichuk is like 43 years old...lol....Broduer won't be around forever. IMO this is kind of the beginnging of the end of the old Devils.

Comment

Actually, there is already a waiting list of 3000+ for season tickets for next year....never has this been in Buffalo....

Comment

lmao......way to go Lou Armadillo on firing your coach.....paid huge dividends...

IMO this is kind of the beginnging of the end of the old Devils.
                            kinda sux they have to open up a new arena with a team on the down fall....

Comment

wow......i guess i do recall hearing that games had been sold out......check this out Vaz...i have a website that you pay to belong to and they have the presale passwords for the extra season tickets released...so i go in and buy Ducks and Kings tickets for all the games i want with the season ticket holders who buy extra games...i had PIT/LAK tickets (4) 5 rows behind the goal....i get about 8 games a year each for face value down about 10 or so rows up...it's great

Comment

Working...
                              X