Conference Finals Discussion Thread:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference Finals Discussion Thread:

well we're down to 4 teams.....will have some thoughts on these games tomorrow but wanted to open it up for discussion.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Series Odds (5D):

Buffalo -125
    Ottawa +105

Detroit -135
    Anaheim +115

I don't know what to think about these two. They could both go either way. I have future bets (to win the Cup) on Buffalo and Anaheim, while I have a few shares at WSEX on Anaheim and Ottawa. I'm thinking about hitting up Detroit to win the series since I have nothing on them...

It's a very confusing situation for me...I'm just trying to guarantee a profit...

Comment

i am going to leave the series bets alone....both could go either way, IMO.....BUF still hasn't played very well and neither ANA or DET can put the puck in the net so who knows there.......most likely going to do what i did in the previous series...keep doubling up on a team...maybe twice....i think both go at least 6 games....also will research some of the scoring trends...will post all that later tonight.....

Angelus- don't hedge just to make a buck, IMO. If you had monster wagers on those teams it would be one thing, but for just a couple units let it go. Don't penalize what could be great initial thinking like BUF and ANA in the cup. Somebody wanted to do that in the GS/DAL nba series and he had GS but wanted to make sure he made a happy meal in winnings....not worth it, IMO unless you can hedge to make a big profit. If you had a parlay paying out 3000 and you wanted to hedge to make sure you got 1500 that's one thing. To hedge just to make lawn mowing money is another. let it ride!!!!!

RJP always says it best....you can afford to lose what you initially bet or you shouldn't have bet it...and you can afford to not win, so let it go.......i bet you get 1 or both!!!

Comment

This is kind of off subject but I was just at the Versus website checking out game times for the next round and they have video clips of the top 15 playoff moments..Some pretty good ones in their Ray Bourque hoisting the cup, Stevie Y giving the cup to Vlad in 98, Pavel Bures goal in triple OT..Just something to check out that I thoguht was cool for us hockey fans..

Comment

Im not touching the series lines either but have the sens on an outright still going. My leans are the sens and the ducks. The ducks not based on play as I think the wings if healthy could take the series but Schneiders loss is going to be a bigger key in this match up as the ducks make use of their bigger size in a way the sharks couldn't or wouldn't. The extra minutes on Chelios and Lidstrom are going to take their toll. Won't even get into the dmen for the ducks, no need to explain the advantage there.

I haven't been impressed by the sabres at all, they seem to be able to turn it on and take over games when they feel like it but haven't looked as good collectivly as they did last year in the playoffs. On paper no doubt the sabres have better talent spread thru the line up but I don't believe they can turn it on and off like they have this playoffs and walk out with a series win vs the sens.

Comment

ANA/DET..................i agree, i think the loss of schneider is gonna be big in this series, especially the deeper the series gets and the more minutes chelios and lidstrom have to log. Neither one of these teams seems to be able to score very much. I didn't like ANA intensity in the Vancouver series, whether that was because they thought they had it won already, im not sure....but it has to go up a notch in this series. I honestly think this turns into a best of 3 series.......NOTES: DET outshot ANA in 3 of 4 games (22-31, 30-22, 35-27, 28-25)....Giguere only played in the last game in March...Home team won all 4 regular season meetings.....Goals by Period (ANA: 0-7-2, DET 0-4-2)......PP headsup: (DET: 3-22, ANA 4-21)....neither team scored a 1P goal in 4 games....highest scoring period was P2.....

SeasonSeries 2-2: 10/18 ANA 4-1(h), 1/2 DET 2-1(h), 1/7 ANA 4-2(h), 3/26 DET 1-0(h)

will update the OTT/BUF series when i get a minute....

Comment

Anaheim vs Ottawa

Anaheim in 6

Comment

Working...
              X