Detroit: Series or Game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit: Series or Game?

I can now get Detroit at -102 to win the series at Pinny...the best I can get them at for game 5 is -130.

This confuses me. Whoever wins tomorrow, should win the series. I was going to put a few units on Detroit for tomorrow...but I'm thinking of putting it on the series line instead at way better odds.

Thoughts?

Angelus- here are my 2 cents....i honestly don't think tomorrow's game means the winner wins the series. I think it depends on who wins tomorrow. If ANA wins i think ANA wins the series, if DET wins i think it goes to game7. I am just betting DET to win tomorrow. But you and i think differently. You seem to do a lot of these series hedge whoever wins wins the series complicated type bets and i don't, so i probably don't have a lot of valuable input. Personally i think it is easy to overthink things. Just bet the dang game, IMO and don't try and overthink the whole thing. It's the difference between -130 and -102...not -130 and +223 so does it really matter that much? I am going to play DET....join me for game 5 and lets cash some tickets. And if you like DET to win the series then make that bet, too. GL!....
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 05-19-2007, 10:35 PM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
      But you and i think differently. You seem to do a lot of these series hedge whoever wins wins the series complicated type bets and i don't, so i probably don't have a lot of valuable input.
      Not sure what you mean by this. I had a future bet on the Sabres to win the Cup which obviously lost today. I had shares on the Ducks that I sold after game four at a fairly nice profit. As of right now, the only series or future money I have out there is 20 Senators shares at WSEX. I'll be holding onto those shares since I think the Sens win the cup provided Emery doesn't completely blow it.

In any case, I think what I'll do is take the amount I was going to wager on game 5 and put 1/2 of it on the game and 1/2 on the series. I like the series wager because if the Wings lose game 5, I still think there's a decent chance they can push it to 7.

Honestly, the Ducks have really underwhelmed me. Nobody has given the Wings any credit to this point and it's still continuing as the series line has been pushed from Detroit -130 to Detroit -102. If the series line gets to + odds, I'll jump on it.

-130 compared to -102 is a fairly big difference. For one, you only have to win like 51% of your bets to show a profit...while with the other one, you have to win, what, 65% to show a profit?? Maybe that's wrong...math isn't my strong point.

In any case, I'll be on the Wings in some form tomorrow. Nice day today FF...I hope it continues tomorrow!

Comment

Angelus- lol...i told you i am probably the wrong person to comment. Juice has never fazed me (though it probably should). I buy points in hoops and football, i probably do everything wrong in terms of "textbook gambling"...but i do well at it so im not changing my ways......but you're right about the difference in juice. I guess my point was don't not play game5 and leave money on the table. DET could win game5 and lose the last 2 games, in which case you would end up a loser in the whole deal. Sounds like a good plan what you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          Angelus- lol...i told you i am probably the wrong person to comment. Juice has never fazed me (though it probably should). I buy points in hoops and football, i probably do everything wrong in terms of "textbook gambling"...but i do well at it so im not changing my ways......but you're right about the difference in juice. I guess my point was don't not play game5 and leave money on the table. DET could win game5 and lose the last 2 games, in which case you would end up a loser in the whole deal. Sounds like a good plan what you're doing.
          And Detroit could lose tomorrow and then win the final two which would make you the loser...lol ;)

Thanks for the comments FF.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus View Post
            And Detroit could lose tomorrow and then win the final two which would make you the loser...lol ;)
            if DET loses tomorrow i will probalby double up with them at probably a very nice price in ANA......that would mean ANA would have beaten them 3 in a row to win game6 and i would be shocked if that happened as DET has been the much much better team in this series. Game7 is a toss up, IMO if it gets that far

Comment

Working...
            X