• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pronger out for Game 4

Ducks star defenseman Pronger suspended for Game 4
    June 3, 2007
    CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

OTTAWA -- Anaheim Ducks defenseman Chris Pronger received a one-game suspension Sunday for his hit to the head of Ottawa Senators forward Dean McAmmond in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals.

Pronger, who also was given a one-game ban during the Western Conference finals, leveled McAmmond with an arm to the head Saturday night in the Ducks' 5-3 loss to the Senators. Pronger will miss Game 4 of the series, that Anaheim leads 2-1, on Monday night. He is eligible to return for Game 5 back in Anaheim on Wednesday.

It is the sixth career suspension for the 6-foot-6, 220-pound, hard-hitting defenseman. During the Western Conference final against Detroit, Pronger was suspend for Game 4 after a hit to the head of Red Wings forward Tomas Holmstrom against the boards.

Pronger wasn't penalized on the ice for either of the hits that led to his postseason suspensions.

being his 2nd of the playoffs I think they should've given him a couple games. If it was jobber Brad May getting his 2nd suspension they woulda come harder at him for his 2nd but Pronger gets the kid gloves treatment.

Comment

chris neil had a similar play in game 3 and it went uncalled.....neil took 6 stides at andy mcdonald(i think it was), and that play went unpenalized, and no suspension....but no doubt pronger desereves the suspension.....he himself admitted that he deserved it....

Comment

The suspension is uncalled for in my eyes. The refs should have called a penalty, or maybe even a double.

Just the NHL trying to make an example.

We held ground without him last time, so we can do ita gain.

The line took a big shift. I'll be on the Ducks tommorow.

Comment

Working...
        X