X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL thursday with flmmkrz

Locked in these 2 already

NYI @ -140 to win 3 units over the rangers

I said on monday that I didn't think the rangers could win both these games and that if the isles came out and lost the last game i'd double it up on the this one, well the betting gods called me out so im doubling up. The rangers did get back straka last game but lost Hossa in that one, the teams leading goal scorer since the all star break and they lost tyutin a couple games prior and he's been a top 4 dman for them. Before last game the season series was 4-0 isles. That was with a Shanny, Hossa, Tyutin and the rest in. They stepped up and played an inspired game with the 50+ shots but they still needed to come from behind largely cause of DiPietro but if it took the game of their season to sneak one out in OT when their normal team struggled against the isles, I don't expect them to come out put together another monster game, not on the road and not against a team that is playing as well as the isles have been in long island. Doesn't hurt that it's a payback game for the isles and that they couldn't have been impressed with their play in front of their tender. With both teams rested I'd expect them to come hard at each other but the better isles team has every advantage going for it, it's their game to lose imo.

Sens -200 to win 2 units over Toronto

Im a bit of a glutton, taking this sens team a 2nd time after they've blown leads in 3 straight. Pitt and Chicago were on the ropes, why this teams let up I can't explain but they do let up. The leafs in town is a big rivalry game with 2 teams that don't like each other. If anything is going to inspire the sens to play a full 60 it's gotta be a game like this. This one is a home and home and like I felt with the rangers/isles I dont think the leafs can win both of these games so i'll gladly double up my play if the sens lose it here. Sens at home have been money since the break and that uncharacteristic loss to pitt at home is not a starting trend, they've had a few slips it happens during the course of the year but the way this teams going they aren't losing 2 straight in their yard. Word is Spezza should draw back in, in this game as he drew out of the pitt game with Spasms. Wish I knew prior that he would've been out as it would've cancelled my play but whats done is done, he didn't skate today which is a concern but he says hes hopeful so im hopeful. Regardless the sens have the talent to go with the leafs. This isnt like the pens who hold a talent edge over the sens without spezza. The sens are 4-1-1 against the leafs this season and have owned them over the last while winning 11 of their last 14 but the last match up went to the leafs. It boils down to the sens need to correct this blip and they are at home, have the leafs number and are the better team overall.

couple others im looking at...

Philly looks interesting, panthers aren't a great road team tho they are playing well of late but so is philly. + odds on a home team isn't a bad play considering the teams involved but it's tough to back a bad team even when its playing better and still feel good about it. I did it with St louis earlier this week and it bit me in the ass and all I could think after was I know the flames suck on the road but this is still the blues that I bet on.

Canucks look very enticing but almost too enticing. Desert dogs off a game tonight, Nolan is injured, jovo is injured but my nuckers love to come out flat against bad teams and the yotes step it up at home so anything but a solid effort and the nucks could get stung. With the sharks up next tomorrow night it's possible the nucks come out nails in this one and try to make sure they get a win on this 3 in 4 nights tough ass roadie or they look past the dogs to big match ups with the sharks and ducks. As far as needs go this one isn't one the nucks can afford to give away and they are playing very good hockey at the moment. Phoenix will be looking for payback but they are undermanned if the canucks come to play. Im going to wait this one out as Sabourin might get a start, if he does I imagine the yotes might get a few more backers and I can get the nucks even lower if Luongo starts which I suspect then it should stay around where it is and i'll prolly lock it in later in the day tomorrow. If Sabs starts depending on the price i'll prolly still lock it in.

Waiting on that nashville price as well, flames are gonna flame out once on this roadie and nashvilles a tough place to play even with Sullivan and Forsberg out.
    Last edited by flmmkrz; 03-08-2007, 02:06 PM.

Love the Islanders

GL

Comment

Gl like the isles also. so many on the card tonight .i have no time to cap at all.Devils +105 sounds good to me but I am leaning towards the under if anything.I hate to see it but I would like the devils to lose tonight and be a nice underdog saturday @ buffalo..To be honest I think they will lose tonight anyway.Gionta looks to be out again,key componet to are offense.Leaning under here .:beerbang:

Comment

a couple more interesting tidbits...

Spezza is now drawing in for sure unless something changes last second everywhere reports he's in. Forgot to mention that Kaberle is still drawing out for the leafs but everyone knows that.

Forsberg, Sullivan, Nichol and Zidlicky all draw out for the preds, as such im sitting out that game.

Yashin will be in the line up for the isles, he wasn't helping much before he got injured but had a nice start to the season. Should help the team down the stretch how effective he'll be today is another question
        Last edited by flmmkrz; 03-08-2007, 01:37 PM.

Comment

looking at the habs, it'd be a nice value play based on Lehtonens struggles vs the habs this year. Some teams just match up well with other teams this may be a case of it as the habs are already 3-0 against the thrash this season. The habs are desperate for a win while the thrash are probably a bit overconfident at the moment given their winniing streak. The thrash couldn't have a good book on Halak yet he's still relativly new to the league. The habs should be the fresher of the 2 teams. For whatever reason I really like the way this habs team plays they seem to be a bit disjointed at the moment but the thrashers are still a flaky team to me, they've been on a nice run but it has to end sometime. I can't see the habs not coming out guns blazing today so it'll be upto the thrash to match the habs. Even the +102 , +.05 in regulation looks intriguing, if the habs dont win it outright they still have the safety of taking it to extra time for the win at + odds. I'll mull it over

Comment

locked in

Habs +179 x .75 unit

the habs have enough going for them that I think they could sneak one out but they still aren't playing great so I didn't wanna bank a lot but at that value it's still a good return if the habs pull it out

Comment

The Kovalev story might be a + for the Habs or a downer............ we will see tonight. With 14 games remaining, the Habs will need 9-10 victories to think playoffs............so they have to win tonight. I am still not sold on this team character and willingness to win. Too many ??????????????????? at this moment.

GL

Comment

Getting into more games than I wanted or like to but My nuckers at -158 to win 1 unit over Phoenix for all the reasons listed above. I was hoping this line would drop more but it seems to be holding steady around the -160 mark. Sabourin gets the start and he has played very well in most of his starts and the players love playing for him. This nucks team is all about chemistry and while they can play down to their competition at times my gut feel is with this being such a brutal roadie that they have to win the winnable game and this one is it. It's quite possible with stops in SJ and Anaheim that a loss here means a 3 loss roadie, unacceptable with the flames coming on so a sort of must have kind of game. Tbay wasn't overly taxing so the nucks should be fresher than the dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  The Kovalev story might be a + for the Habs or a downer............ we will see tonight. With 14 games remaining, the Habs will need 9-10 victories to think playoffs............so they have to win tonight. I am still not sold on this team character and willingness to win. Too many ??????????????????? at this moment.

GL
                  lots of questions but this is still a playoff calibre team in the habs and while atlantas playing better as of late I don't rate them as a contender by any means. Too much value imo but the questions did limit the amount I put into play.

Comment

well looks like the thrash are taking it to the habs, gotta resist the urge to take flyers on teams playing terribly. Get caught up every once and a while.

Comment

I am sick of this rangers team, 1-1 right now going into 3rd but all season long I lose money on these peckers cause they cant get their heads out of their asses but when you want them to fold up they battle and their tender comes up with a big game, at least so far.

Comment

For me, Rangers and Hurricanes games have been impossible to cap this year. You just never know which team will show up and I seem to be on the wrong side almost every time...

Comment

Chris Simon you damn moron, game on the line and he has to go braindead and baseball swing to a dudes neck for a 5 minute and a game. Im sure thats the game. I hope he's suspended for the season and loses out on his paycheck, that kinda shyt shouldn't be in the game
                          Last edited by flmmkrz; 03-08-2007, 09:51 PM.

Comment

ugh, and the isles look to have scored only to get it taken away

Comment

and its done, **** you chris simon you piece of shyt

Comment

Working...
                              X