Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President's Cup...Need some help Stanley, JoePa, Golf-Guy...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President's Cup...Need some help Stanley, JoePa, Golf-Guy...

I realize that we still have the FedEx Championship next weekend...but I saw something today on my book that about made my eyes fall out of my head. I noticed that the line for the President's Cup was....

United States -140
    International Even

Its funny...because my buddy and I talk about the Ryder Cup and how it would be cool if Australia could get a Ryder Cup team because Australia/New Zealand would be a really, really strong team.

So I'm thinking....USA v. everyone but Europe....damn. I go to the pga tour website and look at the rosters for the President's Cup.....

I honestly am really having a hard time figuring out how exactly the USA can beat the World roster....and USA is the favorite?

Tiger Woods can only get you so far in these events.

Why is USA the fave, guys? And please, if I'm way off on this, please explain....I'm thinking about putting some major cash on the World team at even money.

What am I missing here?

Oh....here are the rosters

USA
    Tiger
    Phil
    Furyk
    Z. Johnson
    Charles Howell
    David Toms
    Verplank
    Stricker
    Cink
    Austin
    Mahan
    Glover

International
    Els
    Scott
    Singh
    Ogilvy
    Sabbatini
    Choi
    Goosen
    Cabrera
    Immelman
    Appleby
    Weir
    OHern
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

I'll be on the Internationals as a dog for sure. Way deeper team IMO....the back end of the Int. team get it done, IMO....and expect Weir to play well at home. All of those Int names are playing well as of late.

GL!

Comment

The International team is loaded and it seems as though the should be the obvious pick pick. But they seem to struggle in the team setting, lacking the chemistry that the Europeans bring to the Ryder Cup. That being said, the Americans haven't shown much either recently. I feel as though the Americans have something to prove because of the poor performances at the Ryder Cup recently. I do like their roster for this event as opposed to the Ryder Cup last year. Mahan, Austin and Stricker are all playing great golf right now as opposed to Vaughn Taylor and Brett Wetterich who stuggled at the K Club. Zach Johnson has a Ryder Cup under his belt and a win at Augusta. Woods and Mickelson are both playing incredible and Furyk is coming back from his injury. The International team is as deep as ever but the chemisty factor is what keeps me skeptical. I do agree that the odds are a little off here, I see it as a pickem.

Comment

Working...
      X