Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JML President's Cup 2007 >>>

International +110 - 5 Units

Way deeper team IMO, with much of the team playing great golf. Els, Scott, Singh & Goosen have the pedigree to compete with the US top 4....who are the elite Tiger/Phil/Furyk plus Toms. You have to make the top end of these 2 teams a pick'em, IMO....and remember, Tiger doesn't have a great record in these things....and Ohern OWNS him in match play (the main reason he made the Int. team!)

But the next round of 4 "middle" guys are WAY better than the US, IMO ....Ogilvy has the major, and has played well....Sabbatini is having a huge year, and has the balls and cockiness to compete in this type of event....KJ Choi is hot.....Cabrera coming off his major win....you have to like these guys over the US middle guys of Johnson/Howell/Verplank/Stricker!! NO CONTEST here IMO.

In the bottom part of these teams.....Immelman/Appleby/Ohern are solid internationl players who I would take over the US bottom guys like Glover/Mahan/Austin/Cink....and expect Weir to play well at home, as he has been thinking about this event for years, and he has played well in this event in the past....he could be the wildcard.

I really think the Internationals should be favoured in this thing...they are at home and have the deeper team.....they just don't have the sexy names at the top end of "Tiger" & "Phil".

I'll lay $250 on the home dog!

GL...can't wait! :beerbang:
    Last edited by JohnnyMapleLeaf; 09-09-2007, 06:37 PM.

The USA hype machine has hit full stride....adding 2 more units on this crazy line...

International +129 - 2.5 Units
    These things are all about the deeper teams, not just one or two stars....US has 5 of the top 20 world players on their team, International has 9 of the top 20. Home team should be favoured IMO...Tiger can't win it on his own. And for that matter, Tiger and Phil both have losing records in this event...not sure they get up for this event, being the Ryder Cup's unappreciated red-headed little cousin.

GL.

Comment

Working...
    X