The Viking Classic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Viking Classic

Carl Pettersson is the new Kenny Perry. Playing so well until Sunday. Flesch gave him an opening by bogeying the first two holes but Carl couldn't put any pressure on him.

Heath Slocum 25 to 1: Stanley has stated the facts, I like him this week as well. He tends to win these types of events, chrysler classic of tucson and this same event two years ago.

John Senden 25 to 1: I have no doubt that Senden will win one of these fall series vents. He is too solid of a player in good form against weak fields. He was one good round away from winning last week. His great final round last week should get him off to a quick start this week on a course where he's had a top 15.

Fredrik Jacobson 28 to 1: I've been waiting for this guy to win in the US and am surprised it hasn't happened yet. He is one of the best putters on tour. He played well in Boston with a 9th place finish but did not advance to Cog Hill. So he has had three weeks rest where most of the favorites have been playing 4 of 6 events. Good chance to get his first W stateside.

Nick Flanagan 50 to 1: You must respect any player who earns the battlefield promotion to the PGA Tour by winning three Nationwide event in one season. The kids a winner, and he's used to winning. Jason Gore won on the PGA and Nationwide Tour in the same year, if he can do it there is no doubt young Flanagan can. Plus his play last week was very telling that he's already comfortable at this level. He finished in a t-18 with a final round 68 on the hardest day scoring wise. Also putting a unit of him for a top five finish at 12 to 1.
Working...
X