JoePa's Green Jacket Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's Green Jacket Picks

Best week of the year in golf......at least one of the top 3 as I love the British Open and US Open Championships as well!

GEOFF OGLIVY 25/1 - Hottest player on tour this year beside Tiger. His third visit to The Masters and @ these odds he's a great buy as the 5th ranked golfer in the world, 3rd on the PGA money list, and 3rd ranked golfer in the FedEX standings.

LUKE DONALD 50/1 - Donald is that quiet storm that's always brewing. He's got 2 top 10 finishes at Augusta in three tries, is 2nd only to Tiger in scoring average @ 69.01, and is 5th in scrambling to save par at 67.78% which is very important on a course like Augusta National.

PAUL CASEY 80/1 - Three time player in The Masters with two top 10 finishes and tied for 10th last year. If there was ever a player who needed a big win it's Casey who's 2008 start has been surprisingly dim. His best finish so far was at the WGC Accenture Match Play @ 9th, but since then he has taken a huge tumble with 22nd, 42nd, 51st finishes and a Cut in his last outing at the Arnie Palmer Invitational. He's a lowly 100th in scoring average on the PGA tour @ 71.07 just ahead of the field average of 71.29. Hopefully he's been practicing and getting back on track!
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

GL JoePa! You should get those odds for them finishing second, not first... haha :laughing:

Comment

GL, JoePa! Hope that ankle is healing well. If you read CuseFan's post, you know that I'm a certified Ogilvy nut swinger. Hope he comes through for you...but you can't deny the value in Ogilvy over 20/1. The guy is one of the few on the tour that can hit iron off the tee and then hit a 4 iron 225 yards like most hit a 9 iron. Last year at the Memorial, I saw Ogilvy hit a 4 iron 230 yards and the guy hits his long irons like most golfers hit an 8 iron. It was a mile high and hit softly. The guy has some game. He just needs to avoid the big numbers.

GL!!
      "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Cuse....seems almost unfair this year! Maybe we should get odds on who finishes in 2nds place.....GL bro!:laughing: :thumbs:

Nigel.....Ogilvy is one of the biggest hitters I've seen in a long time, and he can certainly hit with Tiger and maybe beyond him! His value is great but I feel like I'm only making picks as a matter of formality even in the LPGA where I think the disparity between 1st and 2nd will be wider!

Oh yea...thanks for the well wishes! The ankle is doing well! I'm in a soft cast but nothing is good since our golf season is now in the second week and I can't even play golf with the coaches groups. Kind of sucks to drive to Middletown and Chillicothe this weekend and all I can do is sit in a cart and watch, but it sure beats working.....if it don't rain! LMAO
        Last edited by joepa66; 04-09-2008, 09:19 AM.
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

What course in Middletown? Weatherwax? If you are ever down near Middletown again and have some spare time to play 18, go over near Lebanon and play at Shaker Run. It is an amazing old course that is in great condition and is challenging. I like Shaker Run more than the new TPC @ River's Bend, which is also in Lebanon.

Comment

Nigel....we play the Elks Course which is pretty nice when we play MU Hamilton, and play Weatherwax when we play MU Middletown! Are you far from that area?

Comment

Yeah, I live in Lebanon, which is pretty close to Middletown. Weatherwax is a pretty decent course...its LONG, imho. Like I said, try to make it over to Shaker Run in Lebanon...you will not be disappointed, if you haven't already played there.

Comment

gl

joe
                Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Ogilvy wasn't up to his best, Donald failed to make the cut, and Casey who had a real shot on the last day folded up the tent and went home!

Comment

Working...
                  X