JoePa's Memorial Tournament Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's Memorial Tournament Picks

Hope to keep the streak alive this week with a 3rd straight winner.....adding a couple of extra picks since I'm "all in" at The Memorial and not making any LPGA or Euro Tour picks.

THE MEMORIAL -

SERGIO GARCIA 18 / 1 - Has 5 Top 25s in 7 tries in Dublin and was the winner in 2001. His recent form and big win at The Players Championship this season makes him a must look at! His closing finish at Sawgrass was amazing. I've never seen Sergio make so many great shots when he needed to, and he had a look of sheer determination.....and I don't even like him!

GEOFF OGILVY 25 / 1 - Set the world on fire at the beginning of the season but disappeared for almost two months. However, his 7th place finish @ Colonial in the Crowne Plaza last week was highlighted by a bogey free Sunday which no on in the field who finished above him can say for themselves. He still has 6 Top 25s, 4 Top 10s, won the WGC-CA, T2nd in the Shell Houston before flailing his way around at the players missing the cut with opening rounds of 77-75, but last week after an opening round of 72 fired off rounds of 64-69-68 for his best finish in two months. He's 23rd in GIR at 67.13%, 22nd in scoring average @ 70.23, but is creative when it comes to scrambling @ 65.36% compared to the tour average of 57.66%........on the upswing?!

FREDRIK JACOBSON 100 / 1 - Why not at this price? He finished T5th last year with a -14 and T17 with a -6 in 2005. One for two in Top 10s. Has to be a sleeper and I love them.....he's missed 3 cuts in his last four tournaments.....but never fear, when he came to oHIo last year he had missed 3 straight cuts and finished T5th!

WINNER WINNER ANOTHER CHICKEN DINNER......damn 3 weeks of chicken in a row....LMAO
    KENNY PERRY 33 / 1 - 20th all-time Memorial appearance. He's also only had one round over par in his last 16 rounds of golf. Last season he tied for 3rd with Saturday/Sunday score cards of 67 & 63! He's also made 15 cuts in a row this season, had two near misses almost winning the AT&T and TPC in the last month. He has two wins at The Memorial, was 6th in 2004 and has grabbed a check 16 times!

STEVE MARINO 100 / 1 - Just something about this guy....he's always hanging around, and everybody knows if you hang around long enough something will happen. Hopefully something positive! In 15 events this year he's made the cut 13 times, has a 2nd and 3 Top 10s, and 7 Top 25s. Finished T10th last week in the Crowne Plaza. Marino is 34th in driving distance, 10th in scoring average @ 69.98, 11th in par 3 performance @ 3.02 (+3 for the year), and 12th in par 5 performance with an average of 4.65 (-61 for the year), and we all know the importance of scoring on the par 3 and par 5s at Muirfield! His par 4 average is 4.06 (+36 for the year).
    Last edited by joepa66; 06-02-2008, 08:56 AM. Reason: Misspelled Jacobson's first name...and Tim Clark was a no-show!
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Really liking my PGA Success and may just set aside the Euro and LPGA tours for now!:thumbs:

Looking at Ben Crane, Luke Donald, David Toms, Brandt Snedeker, and of course KP aka. Kenny Perry, how could I not, in the St. Jude this week!
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
    X