Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's Buick Open & U.S. Women's Open

BUICK OPEN

WOODY AUSTIN 55 / 1 - Put this pick in the could happen category. It's summer, and Woody's three tour wins have come in the summer when things heat up and he doesn't have to go scuba diving without the gear! He T2nd last year and T7th in 2006 and won the Buick in 1995. He's been at best inconsistent this year missing 4 cuts but does have 2 Top10s (T4th in the Zurich and T5th in the WGC Accenture match play. He missed the cut last week at the Traveler's so he ought to be back with a vengeance this week on a course where he's had success in the past.

JIM FURYK 9 / 1 - Furyk has the best record at Warwick Hills than anyone in the field this week. He's never missed a cut here and has only 1, count 'em, er, it, 1 over-par round in 52 rounds here and has no finish outside of the Top 10 in the last 7 years! He won in 2003, has 8 Top10s in 13 tries and 4 Top6s. Been kind of a downer year for Jimbo but he's still managed 4 Top5 finishes so I'm hoping everybody has overlooked him on their radar screens, but it seems the bookmakers haven't.....even though he is struggling with no wins since the summer of 2007 when he was on a tear.

KENNY PERRY 11 / 1 - Besides Furyk, he's the next best player of record on this course. This WKU Hilltopper has done just that this year, with a win at The Memorial, 2nd by playoff at the AT&T, 3rd at the Bob Hope, and 6th last week at The Travelers. His average finish at The Buick is 24th which ranks him 8th in the field, having won in 2001, and a 10th last season to go along with 11th, 15th, 8th, 29th, 16th and 11th place finishes sandwiched around the victory. Perry is 1st in scoring average (70.32), 1st in scoring average before the cut (69.58) and 2nd in consecutive cuts made with 16.

A small play on FRED FUNK 85 / 1 as well! Fred ranks 6th at The Buick for highest finishes with an average standing of 20.9, and he has 6 Top 10s in 16 starts. Warwick Hills favors straight hitters and the oldest man in the field who splits time on the PGA and Champions tours is 3rd in driving accuracy at 77.02%. He's not long from the tee but also ranks 2nd in GIR from 200 yards at 56%, and 37th in GIR overall at 65.28%, and he's 1st in scrambling from 30 yards in. He missed 4 straight cuts before T37th last week at The Travelers and his ONLY missed cut at The Buick came in his first start in 1989. He's worth a shot at those odds and is dangerous like my 75 year old father-in-law who doesn't hit 'em long but hits 'em down the middle!

WOMEN'S U.S. OPEN

JEONG JANG 16 / 1 - Jang is probably the hottest player on the LPGA Tour right now with 4 Top3 finishes in her last 6 outings...and she only has 5 Top10s on the year! He game fits this "old course" with a traditional country club layout and her 74.4% driving accuracy rating. She's 6th in scoring average at 70.63, and her scorecard from the Wegman's is impressive, with just 2 bogeys all week - both on par 3s - to go with 12 birdies and 1 eagle and she finished in a T3rd.

PAULA CREAMER 25 / 1 - I fully expect Paula to win a major and it very well could be this week. After an opening round of 74 last week at the Wegman's she managed to get her putter under control and finish in a T10th with consecutive rounds in the 60s with 69-68-69 after getting her putter under control. She managed 6 birdies on both the 3rd and 4th rounds after opening with just 1 birdie and 3 bogeys on day one plagued by putting woes. The Wegman's was her 3rd lowest round of the season. She's 5th in scoring average at 70.52, 10th in driving accuracy at 77.9%, 5th in rounds under par, T4th in Birdies, 4th in GIR at 73.6% but putting has been a problem. At times she seems to have Mickelsonitis from 3-5 feet! Keep that in check once again like she did in the latter rounds = her first major win!
    Last edited by joepa66; 06-24-2008, 04:01 PM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

excuse me why was i not contacted about booking these bets for you? :bang: :bang:
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Uh, my apologies kind sir.....but you were not there when I went through the drive thru window at the DQ! They told me you giving a young nubile female trainee a purple snow cone! :laughing: :beerbang:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
        Uh, my apologies kind sir.....but you were not there when I went through the drive thru window at the DQ! They told me you giving a young nubile female trainee a purple snow cone! :laughing: :beerbang:
        no flyersfan was bringing in his "muscle" in hopes i would turn over some of my DQ ownership to him, so i had to lay low for a few days

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
        NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
        MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
        CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

And if you didn't lay low, he may have turned you over instead of you turning over some nubile young chicky babe trainee.....:laughing:

You see I won again last week didn't ya.....where were ya! Ya janxed my US Open after I won 3 in a row, they I won again last week.....LMAO
          Last edited by joepa66; 06-25-2008, 06:23 PM.

Comment

im waiting for the OK to book your golf picks :beerbang: :beerbang:

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
            NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
            MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
            CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

"Book 'em DanO!"...or should it be "Book 'em DanA!"

I'm waiting for your picks or at least for you to say your tailing me now....LMAO!:beerbang:

Comment

Great analysis man!
                Delivering previews and picks to your computer 365/days a year!

Comment

woody , woody, woody

let's go woody
                  ..lol
                  Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                  (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                  (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Kenny Perry wins and Woody in the Top 5 .... All Hail the Great JoePa! :bow:
                    NCAAF:1-2 -1.5 units

Comment

Damn.....I got the 1-2 in the PGA....:laughing:
                      That's 5 PGA winners on the year....probably a good reason for me to quit!

And if Paula wouldn't have let the yips get to her again in putting on the final day she'd of been in the money too....:bang:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
                        Damn.....I got the 1-2 in the PGA....:laughing:
                        That's 5 PGA winners on the year....probably a good reason for me to quit!

And if Paula wouldn't have let the yips get to her again in putting on the final day she'd of been in the money too....:bang:
                        did i say i wanted to book your golf bets i dont remember ever saying i wanted to :hide: :hide: :hide:

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                        NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                        MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                        CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Damn......don't back out now! I'm working on a getting a DQ franchise from you, or at least stock in a snow shovel store in Buffalo....LMAO:beerbang: :laughing:

Comment

Working...
                          X