JoePa's Masters Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's Masters Picks

First golf picks of the season......like to let the season get underway and find some separation between players. College hoops are over and I ain't much for bases, so you'll more than likely find me here! I usually pick three golfers for each tournament, but like to stretch my plays for the majors!

THE MASTERS -

GEOFF OGILVY 16/1 - Ogilvy has won two events already this year and is playing well and is among the leaders in several important categories at this point in the season. He won the Mercedes Benz and the WGC Accenture Match Play, and tied for 6th last week at the Shell Houston even though he wasn't at the top of his game. Through 7 events he has 2 wins, 3 Top10s, 4 Top25s, and a scoring average of 69.21. Ogilvy is first in putting average, first in birdie average, and first in par breakers, along with ranking 38th on tour in driving distance. He's doing something right by his recent form.

RETIEF GOOSEN 25/1 - Goosen is by far my of my least favorite golfers but among the golfing elite. He's had great success in Masters finishes with a T17th, T2nd, T3rd (three times, T13th (twice) and a 2nd place since 2002. He's made all 7 cuts this year, won the Transitions and was 3rd at the AT&T Pebble Beach. His tour scoring average is 70.91.

ROBERT KARLSSON 50/1 - He's got to be one of my favorite Euro players by far. The guy can flat hit it and with pretty good accuracy. Karlsson was one of my favorite players to take the US Open last year and managed to have a great final round and finish high on the money list. So far this season he's got one Top25 with a T14th at the Shell Houston last week. Wouldn't surprise me to see him near the top this week and he's got the stats to fit the Augusta National course. Karlsson is 1st in GIR at 73.61%, 27th in driving distance, 16th in birdie average, 23rd in GIR from fairway bunkers, and 20th in par breakers. He's got to get the putter working a little better and he fares well in big tourneys.

TIM CLARK 80/1 - Clark doesn't look much like the average golfer but he's always hanging around. Through 7 events this season he's made every cut with 2 Top10s and 5 Top25s. He finished T9th at the Accenture Matchplay, and T5th at the Arnie Palmer. He's got a nifty 69.18 scoring average, is 8th in driving accuracy which will help him at Augusta, 6th in GIR, 3rd in birdie average and 3rd in par breakers.

HUNTER MAHAN 80/1 - Mahan is really having a good year and is an excellent ball striker. So far he's T22nd at the Arnie Palmer, T17th at the WGC Accenture Matchplay, T17th at the Norther Trust, T11th at the Buick, and T6th last week at the Shell Houston......each week his position in the final standings have gotten better and nearer the top of the leaderboard. Mahan is 19th in GIR, 29th in birdie average, 37th in driving distance, and 33rd in scoring average at 70.23.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Defintely my favourite tourney of the year, and one of my favourite weekends of the year. Might be looking at an exciting Tiger/Phil show, but I like the value of Ogivly at 18-1 (at my book).

GL, and enjoy :beerbang:

Comment

GL joepa :beerbang:
      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

WHERE MY PLAYERS STAND AFTER THE FIRST ROUND......

HUNTER MAHAN T2 @ -6
        TIM CLARK T6 @ -4 No winner of the par 3 has gone on to win The Masters...way to sink me Tim!
        GEOFF OGILVY T28 @ -1
        ROBERT KARLSSON T51 @ +1
        RETIEF GOOSEN T75 @ +3
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

FINAL STANDING FOR "MY TEAM"

HUNTER MAHAN T10 @ -7 2nd round 75 did him in....
          TIM CLAKR T13 @ -6 won the par 3 tournament which didn't help
          GEOFF OGILCY T15 @ -5

MISSED THE CUT: Goosen +2, Karlsson +3

AND

QUIT FCKIN CRYING SERGIO.....YOU SUCK!

Comment

Sergio Garcia Says He Doesn’t Like The Masters
            April 13, 2009

Total Pro Sports -The third ranked golfer in the world, Sergio Garcia hates the Masters and the Augusta National Golf Club. If it where his choice he probably would never play the Masters ever again, but you know his sponsors wouldn't let him do that.

"I don't like it [Augusta National Golf Club]...I don't think it's fair...it's too tricky...you get mud balls in the middle of the fairways." When asked what he would like to see different Sergio replies ,"I don't care, they can do whatever they want. It's not my problem. I just come here and play then go home."

Sergio cried before the Maters and he's still crying after the tournament is done. We don't understand what his problem is? Golf is supposed to be a tough sport and without the challenges everybody would be a scratch golfer.

So Sergio if you don't like the Masters and the challenges it throws you every year, then we recommend a local mini putt where you probably will score a decent round. Stop crying and play golf, because that's what you get paid to do.

Comment

Working...
            X