X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's Zurich Classic of New Orleans

ZURICH CLASSIC OF NEW ORLEANS -

TO WIN -

RORY SABBATINI 25/1 - Another week when I go with one of my least favorite golfers! You can't argue with his record this year as he's garnered 2 Top10s, 4 Top12s, and T20th at The Masters two weeks ago to go along with T6th at the Northern Trust where all the TARP money was getting spent on a party. It's a fairly wide open course which suits his wild game! Hasn't played here since 2000 when he finished 54th and was cut the year before. A new start for Rory?

Been wanting to bet on the Top10, but could only con my local to offer the Top5 for now.....great idea Flyers, just never able to do it before the latest bit of pushing!

TO FINISH IN THE TOP 5 -

TIM WILKINSON 10/1 - "Wilkie" coming off a T6th at the Verizon Heritage at Harbor Town last week. He finished 3rd last year at -11 just two strokes behind the winner. He's ranked 10th on tour in driving accuracy at 71.69% and is scoring below the tour average at 70.80.

JOHN MERRICK 5/1 - Merrick finished in a T6th at The Masters this year along with a T6th at the Puerto Rico Open and 2nd place finish at the Bob Hope, and in 2008 T7th at -9 in New Orleans and T18th at -8 in 2007. He's a heavy hitter and is ranked 11th on tour in driving distance at 298.8 yards.

TOP 5 FINISH 1/2 UNIT PLAYS-

KENNY PERRY 9/4 - KP may have squandered away The Masters but he's still a solid performer week in and week out! So far this year he has 6, count 'em, 6 Top10s through 9 events getting 3 of them in his last 4 starts. He's got one top Top10 in 7 starts here and finished T23rd in his cinderella season last year and T66th in 2007.

WOODY AUSTIN 11/2 - Ol' "face-first" didn't put is head in the water or the sand last week when he finished T11th at the Verizon Heritage. The man hasn't missed a cut since August of 2008, and he ranks 4th in consecutive cuts made with 15 in a row! His stats are not gaudy at all.....but if you look inside the numbers you just find solid play. Woody averages 4.63 on Par 5s, 4.04 on Par 4s, and 3.07 on Par 3s....he just gets the job done and he's good for a laugh or two as well.
    Last edited by joepa66; 04-22-2009, 05:43 PM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

almost on Sabatini...should have bet him top5.....:thumbs:
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

he is such an ass, though, i can never pull for him......
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
        he is such an ass, though, i can never pull for him......
        Serves me right for betting on him.....I can't stand him, and when he had a shot down the stretch and almost chipped in for eagle, then missed a birdie putt that would have given him the win in the end, and then proceeded to lip out his par putt which would have put him in a playoff, and takes a bogey! LOSER!

Gotta get my local to offer Top10s....took me about 20 years to get him to finally offer Top5s after I whined my ass off last week! :laughing: :bang:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
        X