Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's RBC CANADIAN OPEN Picks

RBC CANADIAN OPEN

I'll be "open"-ing some Canadians myself this weekend.....actually I'll be opening some Alexander Keith's as it's time for my annual fishing trip to the Ottawa on holiday! Golfers get a break from links golf and really love the Glen Abbey layout.

STEVE MARINO 10/3 TO FINISH TOP 10 - Really like Marino and the way he's played this season with 7 Top20s, 3 Top10s, and he's 1/2 in Top10s at Glen Abbey with a T3rd in 2008 and T15th in 2007. Last year he led the field in birdies here and he currently ranks 6th on the PGA Tour in total birdies. He also ranks in the Top 30 in driving distance, scoring average (18th) at 69.94, Total driving, and par 5 birdies or better. Great course form and his overall form this season has been spot on.

JOHN MALLINGER 13/2 TO FINISH TOP 5 - Mallinger is having his best season on tour with 4 Top10s, and lost last week in the playoff at the US Bank Open in Milwaukee so his recent form is good. He finished T7th in 2007 at Glen Abbey and is 1/2 in Top10s here. On the year he's finished with that 2nd last week, was 3rd at The Players - no small feat - and has two 6th place finishes at the Shell Houston and Byron Nelson.

MARK CALCAVECCHIA 100/1 TO WIN OUTRIGHT - Calc has a history at Glen Abbey with a win as recent as 2005, 2 seconds, 4 Top10s, and 8 Top25s so we know his course form is pretty good. He finished in a T14th in 2008. Now how about his recent form.....hmmmm, he was in contention at Turnberry last week before a late round 77 did him in. Worth a shot!

ANTHONY KIM 18/1 TO WIN OUTRIGHT - He was 8th last year in Canada. Missed the cut last week at The Open Championship with a sore neck which I hope has healed this week. Kim has had a pretty good year with a 3rd at the AT&T trying to defend his title, has made 11/15 cuts, has 1 second, 1 third (that equals two Top10s), and 6 Top25s. He ranks 2nd on tour in par breakers, he's 4th in par 4 birdies or better, and he's 3rd in par 5 birdies or better.

SEAN O'HAIR 20/1 TO WIN OUTRIGHT - Not great form of late but a wonderful year with 6 Top10s that includes a win at the Quail Hollow, 2nd at the Arnie Palmer, 4th at the Mercedes Benz, 5th at the WGC Accenture Match Play, and two T10ths at the AT&T and The Masters. O'Hair is ranked 9th in the FedEx Cup, 5th in GIR, 7th in birdie average, 10th in scoring, 6th in par breakers, 8th in par 5 birdie average or better, 15th in par 4 birdies or better, and 20th in par 3 birdie or better average.

Best of luck to ya! :beerbang:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

good luck ill take Camilo Villegas at 20/1
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Camillo must be from UB cause he's never won anything......:laughing:

Good Luck to ya.....could pick ya up on the way thru tomorrow morning at 9:30AM! We be driving the silver pilot with the Nittany Lion magnet on the rear and a Lowe bass boat! :thumbs:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
        Camillo must be from UB cause he's never won anything......:laughing:

Good Luck to ya.....could pick ya up on the way thru tomorrow morning at 9:30AM! We be driving the silver pilot with the Nittany Lion magnet on the rear and a Lowe bass boat! :thumbs:
        no need to pick me up ill be hanging out at underdog88 house.............as for UB I got my piece of paper from them......so they can **** off too
        Last edited by dananderson32; 07-23-2009, 05:37 PM.
        ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
        NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
        MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
        CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Working...
        X