X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's WELLS FARGO Picks

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD
    UNITS: -3.50

Abbreviating my picks to include E.W. = Each Way, which means to finish as the outright winner or in the top 5! Jason Dufner cashed in for me last week and if not two bogeys thru the last four holes Cameron Tringale would have gotten me an even bigger share of the pot last week.

JIM FURYK 20/1 TO WIN OUTRIGHT - Ole double cross won here in 2006 and is coming to North Carolina on a hot streak finishing 11th or better in four straight starts on tour where he ranks 4th in scoring average, 1st in driving percentage, 17th in sand saves, 27th in strokes gained putting and 30th in the FedEx Cup rankings. His course form is arguably the best of his career and includes 3 other Top 10s at Quail Hollow including his T2nd in 2005. Not worth a play for me on a Top 5 finish only at just 4/1 odds.

CAMERON TRINGALE 10/1 E.W. - I will roll the dice with his again after his T7th last week at the Zurich Classic completed a string of 3 consecutive Top 10s on the year and his 4th Top 10 on the season. He ranks 31st in strokes gained putting, 45th in bogey avoidance. Tringale has two straight shares of 8th place on the season (Shell Houston & Valero) along with his T7th last week. He ranks 16th in total driving, 35th in GIR AND strokes gained putting. He hit 14 fairways in each of the four rounds in last year's Wells Fargo tournament.

BEN CURTIS 12/1 E.W. - He's baaacckkkk? Following his long-time-coming 'W' at The Valero and a T13th at the Zurich Classic last week, Big Ben returns to Quail Hollow in good recent form to the site of a runnerup finish in 2008. This proud Kent State grads stats fit into the coulda, shoulda, woulda category because he doesn't have enough rounds played to qualify in the rankings but if he did, he would rank 1st in fairways hit, 3rd in GIR and 7th in strokes gained putting. Sounds like he's found himself again with a renewed sense of purpose.

KEN DUKE 100/1 TO WIN OUTRIGHT & 22/1 E. W. - Gotta love John Wayne, er, The Duke whose T7th last week at the Zurich Classic made it 3 Top 10 finishes in his last 8 starts on the season. Also, in Nawlins he led the field in strokes gained putting---a stat where he's ranked 39th on tour---and he's also got 2 Top 15s in 5 starts while hunting birdies at Quail. Recent and course form are on par.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X