X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's U.S. OPEN Picks

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD
    +25.50 UNITS

Caught another Top 5 last week with Ryan Palmer's fine finishing rounds at the TPC Southwind. It was a great test for this week and the scoring proved it. Can't overlook a lot of the favorites this week and the odds illustrate where the money is expected to go.....Lee Westwood one of my favorites this week is just a 3/1 to finish e.w (Top 5 or win) and Tiger Woods is 6/4 for an e.w. Better to pick them outright with small wagers and find some other solid players for e.ws. I'm loading up because it's a major.....

TIGER WOODS 10/1 TO WIN OUTRIGHT - Just can't overlook TW in this spot as it's been four long years since he won a major in his beloved home state of California, and guess where that was, yes, the U.S. Open! The way he played at The Memorial it would be hard to believe that he can't at least grab a Top 10, but with the odds of a Top 5 finish at 6/4 I won't even entertain a play if it's not for an outright win. It's been two weeks of work since he won in oHIo were he led the field in GIR for his second victory in his last 5 starts. He leads the tour in total driving, is 22nd in finding the fairway off the tee, 7th in GIR and bogey avoidance. He's definitely worth more than a passing glance.

MATT KUCHAR 7/1 E.W. - Do you know the last time he played at Olympic Club he T14th and was an amateur! And I know you know that he certainly has come a very long way since then since he leads the tour in scoring average at 69.80 and is 10th in GIR. Forget the pressure, he can handle it with Top 15s in his last two U.S. Opens and Top 10s in his last 8 stroke play events this season. He's 2nd in bogey avoidance, 25th in fairways hit and 10th in GIR. Great recent form!

JASON DUFNER 7/1 E.W. - How are these results for his last four tour starts = 2 wins including a playoff win at -19 in the Zurich Classic, a -11 victory at the Byron Nelson and a 2nd place finish -11 at the Crowne Plaza with a final round 74 that ended 7 straight rounds in the 60s that included a 65, 64, and 66 at Colonial. He's the current FedEx Cup leader, ranks 1st on tour in proximity to the hole on approaches and pre-cut scoring average, 11th in fairways hit, 6th in GIR and 9th in bogey avoidance. He's not your typical beloved tour golfer but has created a huge following in his native oHIo and at his alma mater Auburn.

DUSTIN JOHNSON 7/1 E.W. - Be it duly noted that no one, yes sir, I said no one, zip, zilch, nada, no one has ever won the week before the U.S. Open and then go onto to win said major tournament. He's bounced back nicely after his back injury with a T19th at The Memorial and a win last week at the FedEx St. Jude on one of the tours toughest tracks. He does have three other Top 10s this season but those were before his injury with a T5th at the AT&T, T4th at the Northern Trust and a T9th at the WGC Accenture. His stats aren't bad either; 10th in driving distance, 34th in GIR, 29th in eagles, 11th in birdie average, 12th in scoring average, 10th in par breakers, 9th all-around and 4th in par 5 birdie or better average. Oh my aching what? Stats and success like that can certainly breed short term memory loss.....nice form.

JONATHAN BYRD 20/1 E.W. - Byrd's recent form has been sterling with 4 consecutive Top 12 finishes that include a T9th at the Wells Fargo, T12th at The Players, T10 at the Crown Plaza and a T6th at The Memorial. He's only played one round over par in his last 16 with a +2 at the Colonial following 7 straight rounds under par. Over those last four tournaments he's a blistering -22 under par. Currently sits at 14th in GIR, 8th in scrambling, T15th in bogey avoidance and 33rd in the FedEx standings. If you want a nice medium range long shot to win he sits at 80/1 as of this post.

MICHAEL ALLEN 100/1 E.W. - Gonna throw the 53 year old Allen into the mix since the price is nice and this is a major after all. It doesn't hurt either that he's a member of the Olympic Club. He does have two Champions Tour wins this year and leads in earnings, scoring average and birdie average. Only two tour starts this season but one is a Top 10 finish at the Mayakoba Classic. Before he left the tour for the senior circuit he ranked Top 25 in ball-striking. Don't think he can win this thing but if you are game he's a 1000/1 shot.
    Last edited by joepa66; 06-13-2012, 09:09 PM. Reason: typo
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X