X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's RBC CANADIAN OPEN Picks

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD
    +35.50 UNITS

I will be in Canada this weekend to start a week long vacation, but in Ottawa and no where near the RBC in Hamilton. However, I will be hoisting a few Keith's in between fishing casts in honor of being north of the border for my hopeful bounce back picks below.

MATT KUCHAR 10/3 E.W. - Last time Kuchar played here he was on the Web.com Tour, which was at that time known as the Nationwide Tour. This time around, he comes as one of the PGA's top and most consistent players. Last week he T9th at Royal Lytham in the British Open and has earned 7 Top10s on the year. He currently leads the tour with 22 consecutive cuts made, is 23rd in ball-striking, 35th in fairways hit, 19th in GIR and 2nd in scoring average. Recent form is great.

BO VAN PELT 7/1 E.W. - Narrowly missed the cut by a couple of shots at The Open Championship last week and comes to Canadian territory playing very well which should sit well with him since this is a course that appears to fit him game. T20th at Hamilton G&CC in 2006 when the RBC was held there. Prior to missing the cut in England, he was the runner-up at the AT&T National. He also has 6 Top10s this season, ranks 22nd in ball-striking, 48th in GIR and 7th in Strokes Gained-Putting. Another guy with pretty consistent play and good recent form.

SCOTT PEIRCY 12/1 E.W. - Piercy has been hotter than a firecracker in July, finishing with a T12 at The Greenbrier and a 3rd at the John Deere Classic. He won for the first time on TOUR last season and is 39th in FedExCup points in 2012 so his links career is looking up. Following his solo 3rd at the John Deere---his best finish of the year---he's taken a brief respite from golf since his toiling has produced 10 Top25s among the 12 cuts he's made in 20 season starts. He ranks 47th in GIR and 32nd in both birdie average and scrambling.

VIJAY SINGH 12/1 E.W. - What's a Big Fijiian? Love that commercial! And this one is coming off a T9th with a final round 63 at the Open Championship and having played 11 of his last 16 rounds at par or better. He also started The Greenbrier Classic with an opening round of 63 a few short weeks ago. It's just one round in each tournament that has done him in and he'll need four good rounds here. His nice play at The Open may translate on this relatively short course. He will hit the big 50 this winter and may have found the recent form of a younger Vijay.
    Last edited by joepa66; 07-25-2012, 02:25 PM. Reason: Forgot to put Vijay's name in caps
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Hey Joe... Welcome to the "Great Dry North". Enjoy the fishing.
    Make a few more today than you made or lost yesterday

Comment

Thanks M&M! If your in Renfrew give I'll have a cold one waiting for ya!
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
      X