X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's WYNDHAM CHAMPIONSHIP Picks

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD:
    +48.00

What, Rory is not in the field this week! Now what am I going to do? McIlroy posted Top 5 finishes for me two weeks in a row and won the PGA Championship last week. Since it's the last regular season event, I am paring down my picks to three in anticipation of the FedEx Championships.

CARL PETTERSSON 4/1 E.W. - He was crowned the champion at Sedgefield in 2008 and managed a T4th in 2011. At the outset of the PGA Championship at Kiawah Island last week he held the 18-hole lead before finishing with a share of third place, his fourth top-three of the season. He co-owns the course record---61--- that he shot during his winning round in 2008.

TIM CLARK 6/1 E.W. - Took him the better front half of the season to find his game but he's competing like his old self the last couple of months. He's got some momentum and good recent form coming in fresh off a T11 at the PGA Championship which followed a T15 at the RBC Canadian Open where he shot a second round 62. Also has three finishes of T15 or better among his last five starts. The only time he played here he never shot worse than 68 managed a T6th here in 2008 and currently ranks 8th on TOUR in proximity.

JOHN DALY 25/1 E.W. - Daly ranks 137th in FedExCup points on the eve of his last chance to qualify for the playoffs---yeah, we talking playoffs---but recently backed up a T5th at Reno with a T18 at the PGA Championship where he posted bookend sub-70s and ended up tying Tiger Woods aggregate score for the weekend. And, he's 4-for-4 in cuts made at Sedgefield but has not finished inside the Top 40 in the field. He's on a mission this week and after watching his interview with Feherty his drive to succeed is quite sobering, literally!
    Last edited by joepa66; 08-15-2012, 10:26 AM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X