X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's DEUTSCHE BANK CHAMPIONSHIP Picks

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD
    +53.00

The field is trimmed to 100 this week, and it was a near-miss Top5 finish last week as Tim Clark imploded with two bogeys over two of the final three holes. I'm giving Clarkie a rest this week and exploring some long ballers who fit TPC Boston.

DUSTIN JOHNSON 5/1 E.W. - Showed well last week with a T3rd in his title defense at The Barclays finishing with a 3 under final round 68 and ranking 7th in GIR for the week. He T4th here in 2009, is 42nd on tour in birdie average and is teetering on the brink of being a Ryder Cup captain's pick.

LOUIS OOSTHUIZEN 7/1 E.W. - Last week Louis gave us yet another pronunciation of his last name.....now it's "woost hi zen" instead of "woost hey zen". At any rate it's his first trip here but he's coming off a T5th last week which is his fifth straight Top 25. He also led Bethpage in GIR last week, is 20th on tour in GIR and 24th in birdie average.

LEE WESTWOOD 7/1 E.W. - Never, ever in my life did I ever think I would be backing Westwood! First, it's his first trip to TPC Boston. Second, I am not a big fan of the under achieving Euros. Wait for it....BUT, his third round at The Barclays was rather spiffy with just one lone bogey even though he missed 7, yup, seven greens in regulation and still carded a 68! Building up steam.....

BO VAN PELT 10/1 E.W. - Nice course form last year when he finished 7th overcoming an opening round 73 and leading the field over the final three rounds. He's currently ranked 22nd in FedEx points and that's a good start to a GREAT finish!
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD:
    +63.00

Dustin Johnson & Louis Oosthuizen!
    Almost a SU winner with Louis but man was he nervous.....
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Working...
    X