X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's BMW CHAMPIONSHIP Picks

JOEPA'S UPDATED YTD:
    +63.00

Yes, the trail of tears continues for 70 players who have advanced to the FedEx Cup's third round this week. Amazing to see how Charlie Hoffman collapsed on the inward nine last week knocked a couple of players off the bubble and allowed him to sneak in. Also, looks like both Rory and Louis had a bad case of the nerves down the stretch...wow, haven't seen that since Jean van de Velde!

LOUIS OOSTHUIZEN 9/2 E.W. - Like Dustin Johnson, he's recorded consecutive Top5s to start the FedExCup Playoffs. Led the field in GIR at TPC Boston and at one point ripped off seven straight birdies during a third-round 63. He's 7th on the PGA TOUR in both GIR and adjusted scoring. Back-to-back weeks I'm picking Oosthuizen. He's hot with the putter and there is no reason to think his momentum won't roll into Indy.

DUSTIN JOHNSON 4/1 E.W. - Chased a T3rd at The Barclays and a T4th at the Deutsche Bank with a Ryder Cup berth. Pretty good couple of weeks wouldn't ya say! He's got FIVE TOP5s in 17 starts this season. Ranked T8th in GIR and 17th in Strokes Gained-Putting at TPC Boston last week and is 9th on TOUR in adjusted scoring. He's in a groove right now and Crooked Stick is a bomber's paradise for Johnson one of the longest hitters on the PGA TOUR. He's also had a pair of top fives to open the Playoffs.

JASON DUFNER 5/1 E.W. - Dufner is having a superb year and he's just the ball-striker needed to flatten Crooked Stick. He returned after a week off and placed T18th at TPC Boston where he was 9 under at the midpoint but shot 2-over post-cut with three double bogeys. Ranks 6th in total driving, 5th in GIR and 3rd in adjusted scoring.

JOHN SENDEN 13/1 E.W. - A 72nd-hole double bogey at TPC Boston cost him a Top10 finish. He took solo 12th for his fifth Top20 in his last seven starts. Currently 4th on the PGA TOUR in GIR and 17th in adjusted scoring. Last year he finished with a respectable Top10 finish here so I like both his recent and course form.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

i'm a big Dufner fan

Good Luck Joe .

Was really rooting for Louie last week.

That flop shot on 18 was impressive ...

I'm playing 4 times in the next 6 days

Rolling acres today (beaver falls pa)
    Castle Hills sunday (new castle pa)
    Spring Valley monday (mercer pa) - unlimited golf
    Tam O Shanter tuesday (mercer pa)

THE FALL SERIES !!!!
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD