U.S. Open Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Open Picks

Took the following plays for this weekend at Oakmont....btw...a 288 yard par 3 and a 667 yard par 5? That is completely insane. Should make for some interesting golf. Pelz said some of the greens were at 15.6 on the stimp meter...and not a flat surface on any of them...ouch.

1.5 unit
    Goosen 25/1
    Donald 33/1
    Ogilvy 33/1 -- not gonna happen...but I had to after last year....

1 unit
    Cink 50/1
    Stenson 40/1
    Verplank 80/1
    OHair 50/1
    Toms 50/1

Good luck to everyone...enjoy father's day weekend and some great golf.
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Apparently, the 288 yard Par 3 is not even one of the toughest 9 holes on the course.

GL A-10 Commish!

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
      Took the following plays for this weekend at Oakmont....btw...a 288 yard par 3 and a 667 yard par 5? That is completely insane. Should make for some interesting golf. Pelz said some of the greens were at 15.6 on the stimp meter...and not a flat surface on any of them...ouch.

1.5 unit
      Goosen 25/1
      Donald 33/1
      Ogilvy 33/1 -- not gonna happen...but I had to after last year....

1 unit
      Cink 50/1
      Stenson 40/1
      Verplank 80/1
      OHair 50/1
      Toms 50/1

Good luck to everyone...enjoy father's day weekend and some great golf.
      Good Luck A-10 Commish ..

TOMS OFF TO A GOOD START

I like that 80-1 on KERPLUNK !

Hope you nail one
      Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Ya really gotta love the 667 yard par 5......:nuts:

GL to ya Nigel.....hopefully I be posting some "matchups":beerbang:
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Well, not too bad so far. Could obviously be much better....but all in all, I can't complain.

Goosen had a rough day...but he certainly the type of player that can play under the radar and next thing you know...BOOM!...he is on the first page of the leaderboard. Retief needs to play solidly tomorrow and make the cut, then anything can happen.

IMHO, Donald is done...he doesn't have the game to go really low and get back in this thing.

Verplank is respectable at +3. OHair is +3 through 12, so that could go either way.

Cink is +2 through 16....that's certainly acceptable.

Toms struggled late...too bad. Still, I can live with +2 today.

Ogilvy at +1 playing with Tiger today. Very nice...especially when he only hit about 55% of the fairways today. He doubled 8, but came back very nicely. I'm clearly an Ogilvy fan....winning last year at 75/1 will make you a fan...at the same time, I think the kid has all the makings of being a very, very good player. His long iron play is amazing. He can hit a 2, 3 and 4 with the best of them on the tour today. I really don't see him repeating....but he certainly has the game to do it...he's just prone to really bad holes. That's one thing about Tiger....he avoids the big number....Ogilvy doesn't.

This is going to be FUN this weekend.

Hey JoePa, just a recommendation....I like to DVR the first two rounds, watch about every shot I can and then makes some plays to win after I've seen how the players are handling the course, how they appear mentally, etc. You can get some pretty good lines at the midway point. May want to look into that.

GL!!

Comment

im really liking justin rose right now......heading into the weekend whats your thoughts about him compared to the rest of the field heading into the weekend?
            ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
            NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
            MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
            CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Dan....my book has Rose at 7/1. While I think those odds stink, I definitely think that Rose is a solid pick and will probably put a couple of units on him. Here is what I'm thinking about at the midway point...will post picks later...

Tiger 7/2 -- Still thinking about this one. The odds are better than before the tourney started...and he's still well within range of the leaders. I hate taking the chalk in a golf tourney, but Tiger has a mental edge over the others...he ability to avoid the big number is just uncanny.....his bogey at No. 2 today was silly...very few on the tour could have pulled that bogey off.

Rose 7/1 -- Minus the double bogey on No. 1 Thursday, this kid has played 35holes at Oakmont at even par....not too shabby.

Watson 18/1 -- Think he'll choke..but these are pretty good odds for a big hitter with a pretty solid putter.

Ames 14/1 -- This goofy lookin' fella can play when he gets hot. He was throwing darts at a lot those holes today when others were struggling.

Cabrera displayed amazing golf skills today...but I fear he's blown his load.

Be back later with picks...had to put my pooch down today. Been a rough day and will be a rough father's day weekend. Those who think "they are just animals" have never had a great dog....13 1/2 years of unrequited love is tough to overcome.

R.I.P. Shaq (My 13 year old Black Lab's name)

Comment

Picks after the second round...got a lot of plays for tomorrow....will probably get killed, but I wagered to take my mind off of putting my pooch to sleep today. Anyhoo, here goes...

1 unit Matchups for 3rd Round

Villegas v. Veej "Milk" Singh -110
                DiMarco v. Ken Duke EVEN
                Curtis v. Clarke +120
                Browne v. Weir +125
                McDowell v. Campbell +110
                Petterson v. Perniece EVEN
                Rose v. Baddeley -110
                Watson v. Cabrera +120

.5 units to tie 3rd round -- 7.5/1

Sabbatini v. Michael Campbell
                Poulter v. Funk
                Toms v. Verplank

To Win Outright After 2nd Round

4 units -- Tiger 7/2
                3 units -- Rose 7/1
                2 units -- Ames 14/1
                2 units -- Watson 18/1
                1 unit -- Ogilvy 25/1
                1 unit -- Kelly 40/1

Hoping to break even....didn't post this pick so it doesn't really matter...but this one is nice to have too...prior to the tourney...

Odds to Win - 2007 US Open - Oakmont CC Oakmont, Pennsylvania, USA
                June 14th - 17th (7:00 am)
                All wagers have Action. No Parlays. No Refunds. Max $500.
                (5322) Aaron Baddeley66/1 Thu@7:00a

So....Donald, Goosen, Hensen, Cink and OHair are gone...but still have

Ogilvy, Toms, Verplank and (Baddeley, but it doesn't count for this site)

At the midway point, I've got...

Tiger, Rose, Kelly, Ogilvy, Ames and Watson.

Hoping I've got about everything covered...but who knows.

GL this weekend guys...have a great Father's Day Weekend.

R.I.P. Shaq

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
                  Picks after the second round...got a lot of plays for tomorrow....will probably get killed, but I wagered to take my mind off of putting my pooch to sleep today. Anyhoo, here goes...

1 unit Matchups for 3rd Round

Villegas v. Veej "Milk" Singh -110
                  DiMarco v. Ken Duke EVEN
                  Curtis v. Clarke +120
                  Browne v. Weir +125
                  McDowell v. Campbell +110
                  Petterson v. Perniece EVEN
                  Rose v. Baddeley -110
                  Watson v. Cabrera +120

.5 units to tie 3rd round -- 7.5/1

Sabbatini v. Michael Campbell
                  Poulter v. Funk
                  Toms v. Verplank

To Win Outright After 2nd Round

4 units -- Tiger 7/2
                  3 units -- Rose 7/1
                  2 units -- Ames 14/1
                  2 units -- Watson 18/1
                  1 unit -- Ogilvy 25/1
                  1 unit -- Kelly 40/1

Hoping to break even....didn't post this pick so it doesn't really matter...but this one is nice to have too...prior to the tourney...

So....Donald, Goosen, Hensen, Cink and OHair are gone...but still have

Ogilvy, Toms, Verplank and (Baddeley, but it doesn't count for this site)

At the midway point, I've got...

Tiger, Rose, Kelly, Ogilvy, Ames and Watson.

Hoping I've got about everything covered...but who knows.

GL this weekend guys...have a great Father's Day Weekend.

R.I.P. Shaq

sorry to hear about your dog we had to put our dog to sleep 2 days before christmas this past year 4.5 years old......was a diabetic and we couldnt get her sugar under control.......we have a black lab who just turned 12.....and is going good as of now.....but i know the feeling all too well im only 20 and have had 5-6 dogs pass away on me in my short life time never an easy thing...especially when you have to put them down.....it wont really hit you until a few days from now when you go to look and hes not there....anyways gl on the plays (like it really matters at this point) and ill keep your dog in my thoughts

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                  NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                  MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                  CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Thanks so much for the kind words, Dan. You're right...I woke up this morning and my dog wasn't at the bottom of the steps waiting for me...you just miss the little things.

Have a great father's day weekend.

Comment

Good luck Nigel. My condolences about the pup as well. It's not an easy thing to deal with.

Let's go David Toms!!!!!

I like his chances, and I also like Stephen Ames and Aaron Baddeley (because he's a great putter). I don't think Tiger wins this one, but I could be wrong.

Comment

well you got 2 strokes on the field......he shoots anywhere near 70 he will win i dont see tiger posting a 67-68 and it seems the rest of the field just keeps moving back more and more

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                        NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                        MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                        CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Thanks, Cuse. It is far more difficult than even I thought it would be. I knew Friday was going to come because of her age...I tried to prepare myself for it...but you just can't.

It will be very interesting to see how Baddeley handles the pressure...whether he admits it or not, having Tiger in that final round can't help. Talk about pressure.

Tiger seemed to play a perfect round yesterday and only ended up with a 69. He left a lot of birdies out there yesterday. Its hard to fathom that he can hit the ball as well today as he did yesterday. He may not have to though. If he can stay around even par, he puts pressure on Baddeley. If the course is nasty today, there are a number of players who could be in contention with par today. Should be a very interesting day.

Happy Father's Day and GL!

Comment

wow baddeley 3/1 to win it .........up 2 strokes and playing solid golf........where do i sign up for this one?

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                            NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                            MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                            CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Well...that stunk. Didn't think Cabrera had it in him after Saturday's round. He played very well and didn't let bogeys on 16 and 17 bother him on the tee box on 18. Tiger made some incredible par putts throughout the day, but just couldn't pull out a birdie. Baddeley was done after the 1st...you could tell he was nervous.

Lost some cash on the US Open....poop. Probably be back for the British.

GL!

Comment

Working...
                              X