JoePa's Greenbrier Classic Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's Greenbrier Classic Picks

Was really upset with the back nine play at Congressional by Brendon Todd, but he finished in a T5th as did Brendan Steele which gave me two Top 5 winners last weekend. Congressional let the guys get out and then reeled them back in down the stretch and I was happy with the outcome but not the showing my Jason Day. I thought he was healthy and ready to win again! Now, onto the Greenbrier and the next to the last shot for a top four finish and invite to The Open Championship in a couple of short weeks.

MARC LEISHMAN - 33/1 OUTRIGHT WIN & 7/1 TOP 5 FINISH - Always like watching Leishman dissect a course. To his credit he has a 2nd place finish and four Top 10s this year and going back to the RBC Heritage he has made 6 straight cuts since not making the weekend in Hilton Head. And, he has two Top 10s in the span of made cuts with a T3rd at the HP Byron Nelson and a T8th last week at the Quicken Loans National. 13 of his last 24 rounds have been in the 60s and only 5 of those rounds have been over par! He's 3rd in total eagles, 23rd in scoring, 18th in scoring after the cut and 37th in driving distance for this 7200+ yard Greenbrier layout.

BILL HAAS - 5/1 TOP 5 FINISH - Not many without a win playing better than him this season! He has three Top10s and 11 Top 25s this year with his best being a T8th at The Memorial and a T5th at the CVS Charity Classic. A final round 77 did him in last week at Congressional and sunk him to a T30th. Still he ranked 17th in GIR and 5th in sand save percentage.

BRANDON DE JONGE - 7/1 TOP 5 FINISH - De Jonge has two Top 10s on the year and four Top 25s. He T6th at the Wells Fargo and T8th last week at Congressional. He ranks 25th in driving accuracy, 11th in total birdies, and has made 12 consecutive cuts. He's hanging around and might be due.....

CHRIS STROUD - 8/1 TOP 5 FINISH - Top 20 finishes in his last two Tour starts and three Top 10s on the season. He's ranked 50th in the FedEx Cup on the strength of a pair of T3s and seven additional Top 20s on the year. Stroud finished 9th here in 2010 and T18th in 2011. He's ranked 8th in scrambling, 13th in one-putt percentage, T9th in 3-putt avoidance and 38th in scoring.

BEN MARTIN - 8/1 TOP 5 FINISH - Who? That's what I thought! Martin quietly T3rd last week at Congressional. He has three Top 10s on the season and seven Top 25s. He's made seven straight cuts beginning with a T3rd at the RBC Heritage. His last two tournament starts have produced a T13th at the FedEx St. Jude and last weeks T3rd at the Quicken Loans National.

PATRICK REED - 8/1 TOP 5 FINISH - And baby makes three! Wow, where has his game gone since his wife is not caddying anymore? Despite being 8th in the FedEx standings, having two Tour wins (Humana & WGC Cadillac) along with eight Top 25s, Reed has been cut in 5 of his last 8 Tour starts! Except for a debilitating closing round of 77 while playing with the lead at Congressional....going +6 over his last 9 holes, he still managed a T11th.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X