JoePa's John Deere Classic Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's John Deere Classic Picks

Winding down the number of chances to qualify for The Open Championship, at least for Tour golfers on U.S. soil! You just have to think that some of the guys who have already qualified are just here to work on their game ahead of Royal Liverpool. Not much interest for me in backing the big boys! I cannot wait to watch the Scottish Open next week where the fun begins.....oh yeah, captured another Top 5 Finish win last week with Chris Stroud.

JORDAN SPEITH - 10/1 OUTRIGHT WIN - Still waiting for Jordan to grab his first Tour victory this season. Such high expectations and so many finishes near the top of the leader boards to no avail. You have to believe that he really wants to get back to form and get to Hoylake on an upsurge. His Top 5 finish odds are not worth the risk for such little reward.

STEVE STRICKER - 11/1 OUTRIGHT WIN & 5/2 TOP 5 FINISH - I usually make all my plays hoping my horses will show and not necessarily win, however, the odds are stacked against me this week with Speith and Stricker to finish in the Top 5. Even though Stricker has 5/2 odds they are certainly for good reasons. Stricker is the Deere's all-time earnings leader, has 3 wins, 4 Top 10s and was T10th in 2013. One of the these first two outright winner plays is already a sure loser!

BUD CAULEY - 12/1 TOP 5 FINISH - He T4th last week at the Greenbrier---a season best finish---and it was his 4th Top 25 finish in his last 8 Tour starts. He ranks for 34th on Tour in GIR.

MICHAEL THOMPSON - 12/1 TOP 5 FINISH - One-half (7) of his 14 cuts made this season are Top 20 finishes including a T11th last week in West Virginia where he ranked 10th in all-around at The Old White course. He's 11th in strokes gained putting on Tour, finished 12th at the Deere in 2011 where he ranked 13th in strokes gained putting.

JASON BOHN - 14/1 TOP 5 FINISH - Comes off a T11th at the Greenbrier where he led the field in putts per GIR and 7th in strokes gained putting. He has 4 Top 25 finishes at the Deere.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:
Working...
X