JoePa's Travelers, BMW and Wegmans Golf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's Travelers, BMW and Wegmans Golf

Going to play on all three tournaments. First plays of the year. Will post some matchup plays later in the week. Enjoy! (All plays for 1 unit)

2007 Wegmans LPGA
    Karrie Webb 12/1 - Finished 2nd in the McDonald's last week by one stroke. She's had 3 Top 10 finishes on the year and is 9th in scoring on the tour at 71.38. Her scoring average has been getting better and better each week. Locust Hills is a narrow course of 6186 yards in length, and Webb's driving accuracy is 70%.

Paula Creamer 16/1 - Who wouldn't want to follow lovely Paula around the golf course, the girl can flat out play. She won the SBS in Hawaii, and in 11 starts this season has had 7 Top 10 finishes. She is 2nd on the tour in scoring average at 70.54, and her driving accuracy makes her a threat on this course at 78%.

Brittany Lincicome 50/1 - Brittany needs a winner! She won the Ginn Open a couple of weeks ago and was second in another tournament. She has 3 Top 10s and one was a winner and another a second place finish. Her scoring average is 71.69 which ranks her 18th. She can crush the ball off the tee with a driving accuracy at 70%.

2007 Travelers PGA
    David Toms 14/1 - I love backing steady Eddie and who wouldn't since he's made the cut in all 15 events he's played in this year, with one 3rd place finish, 6 Top 10s and 9 Top 25s. His current scoring average is 69.76, driving accuracy is 65% at 280 yards, and his sand save average 48% which is gonna help because the TPC River Highlands has 120 bunkers. His driving accuracy will help him because this course is framed by trees and side hill lies.

Jerry Kelly 25/1 - Kind of like the unknown comic, Kelly has burst onto the scene with 1 third place finish and 6 Top 10s this year. His scoring average is 69.87 and he has a 64.85% GIR average and a driving accuracy of 67.75%, while his sand save average is 42%. Kelly hung around last week with the big dogs at Oakmont.

Kenny Perry 33/1 - Talk about overdue.....he's made 9 of 15 cuts this year. His driving distance is 294.7 yards and is 63.71% on fairways hit. He can hit the fairways 64.89% which scares me a little bit since his sand save average is just 35.7%. Perry is a grinder and did not play last week and hopefully this course is more suited to his game and he took advantage of the week off. Also, I find Stanley backing Perry which makes me feel good about this take.

BMW International
    Paul Casey 11/1 - Gotta love Casey's position after a strong showing @ Oakmont last week. He played well and had the lead for a second, and on the final round dropped 6 shots through 5 holes on the front 9. Nonetheless he finished strong and is 5th on the money list of the European Tour. His scoring average is 71.31, has 3 Top 10s and 4 Top 25s. He can pound the hell out of the ball with an average driving distance of 296.29 yards, hit greens with 73.25% regularity, and is an amazing 54.29% in sand saves. He's gotta be well prepped for this tournament after Oakmont.

Nick Dougherty 28/1 - Love to watch this guy pound it out.....he's 7th in scoring on the ET with a 70.44 scoring average, has 4 Top 10s including one 3rd place finish, hits the ball 288.84 yards off the tee, green in 70.86%, and is 45% from the sand in saves. IF not for a 3rd round 77 in the US Open last week he would have had a legit shot to win the damned thing.....as it was he finished tied for 7th at +10 just 5 shots back of Angel Cabrera.

Simon Dyson 66/1 - Here's another player who is overdue.....at the beginning of the year he was in contention in the first four tournmanets he played in and finished in the Top 10 3 times and led after the halfway point in one tournament. His last two outings have been very poor showings and he missed the cut in both with +3 scores. He is a good driver at 287.18 yards and 66.98 GIR and is great from the sand with 51.43% saves. Wake up call before THE Open!

Was also considering Niclas Fasth....that guy was deadly last weekend...

Cheers!:cheers:
    Last edited by joepa66; 06-19-2007, 03:17 PM.
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

gl on the wegmans tourny..........great grocery store that is......people in the buffalo area know what im talking about
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

GL JoePa, hard to play an LPGA event and not take Ochoa. I'm guessing she's not playing or here odds are not good (haven't looked).

Comment

FIRST ROUND UPDATE:

WEGMAN'S LPGA
        WEBB T36th
        CREAMER T8th
        LINCICOME T6th

TRAVELERS PGA
        TOMS T16th
        KELLY T47th
        PERRY T3rd

BMW INTERNATIONAL
        CASEY T6th
        DOUGHERTY T1st
        DYSON T67th
        Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

SECOND ROUND UPDATE:

WEGMAN'S LPGA
          WEBB T
          CREAMER T
          LINCICOME T

TRAVELERS PGA LEADER @ -8
          TOMS T3rd @ -6
          KELLY T52nd @ E
          PERRY T9th @ -4

BMW INTERNATIONAL Leader @ -12
          CASEY T10th @ -6
          DOUGHERTY T5th @ -8
          DYSON T10th @ -6

Comment

FINAL STANDINGS:

WEGMANS LPGA - Winner -8
            Webb T49th / +4
            Creamer T21st / E
            Lincicome T8th / -4

TRAVELERS PGA - Winner -15
            Toms T6th / -8
            Kelly T15th / -5
            Perry T15th / -5

BMW INTERNATIONAL - Winner -13
            Casey T39th / -2
            Dougherty T26th / -4
            Dyson T11th / -7

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post

Was also considering Niclas Fasth....that guy was deadly last weekend...

Cheers!:cheers:
              D'OH!!!! Nice call. Hope you threw a unit on him but didn't post it. I usually add a few guys I don't post just for ****s and giggles.

Nice call on Fasth...

GL this weekend!!
              "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

Nigel.....I always do that as a backup, but since I didn't post it I don't say I did it.....but only put .5 unit on him so I recouped some of the losses and then some....:sm:

Comment

Working...
                X